Cambodia travel

Rinrada

Bit of an update..also H.S.(CPP) did it again...Arkun Sharan tom tom.

Overland Travel Between Bangkok and Siem Reap by way of Poipet / Aranyaprathet

Information current as of June 27, 2003

The Bangkok/Siem Reap Overland Guide:

#1 - Introduction

(this section includes photos, a map showing the latest road conditions between Siem Reap and Poipet, and an overview of the various travel options)

#2 - On a Package

(the Khao San Road do whatever they tell you bus ticket)

#3 - On Your Own

(the do it yourself whatever you want ticket)

#4 - Conclusion

Travelers' Reports - Bangkok/Siem Reap

Overland

---------------------------------------

Guesthouses, restaurants, tours and more

Cambodia businesses to serve your every need.

Cambodia

Home

All text and photographs © 1998 - 2003 Gordon Sharpless. Commercial or editorial usage without written permission of the copyright holder is prohibited.

I will be back in Town... October.Last visit the Heart was No 1.heard Lucys tiger den re-opened and Kim Lee still OK.

La orr.

:laugh:

Welcome

to the web site of the English-language Phnom Penh Post, the oldest and most comprehensive independent newspaper covering Cambodia today.

(with thanks from Michael...always a good read)with some jobs ...FYIO...Travel and up 2 date info.

SMS is Cambodia's leading provider of strategic advisory services to foreign investors, local enterprises and not-for-profit organisations. Our team combines internationally experienced management consultants and senior local professionals with a deep understanding of the Cambodian market.

Our complementary human resource consulting and professional development capabilities are designed to minimize complexity and risk for foreign investors, enhance the competitiveness of enterprises operating in Cambodia and support improvement initiatives across the not-for-profit sector. In doing so, SMS aims to contribute to the regional competitiveness and sustainable development of Cambodia.

Physical Address: 173E2, Street 215 (Nehru Boulevard)

Postal Address: GPO 1201, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Office Telephone: +855 (023) 884 187

Business Enquiries: Trent Eddy - [email protected]

Recruiting Enquiries: Sandra D'Amico [email protected]

Current Positions Available: To apply, email us your resume at [email protected] or please email us for more detailed information. PRIVATE SECTOR

Human Resource Manager: Multi National Company

General Manager: Logistics Company

Looking to recruit an expatriate or Khmer national

Must have experience in logistics, warehouse management and distribution ..etc

Fluent in English etc.

Marketing Managers:

Must have a strong understanding of the Cambodian environment  

Female applicants encouraged to apply

Expatriates and Khmer nationals encouraged to apply

Operations Manager - Waste Management Service

Expatriates encourage to apply

Expertise in Waste Management etc

Accountants and Financiers

Looking for Khmer nationals who have experience

Woman encouraged to apply

Marketing/Strategy Consultant

Looking for a multi-skilled expatriate who has experience in Marketing International Consulting experience/advising required

For more detailed information: email [email protected]

Brand Managers :

Must be creative and have strong leadership and management skills

Expatriates and Khmer nationals encouraged to apply

Training / Organisational Development / HR Expert

Client looking for a multi-talented expatriate

Strong communication and etc......

Customs Brokers:

Looking for people who are familiar with import/export

Mandarin/Chinese dialect an advantage

Engineers:

Several positions available for expatriates and Khmers with experience in the building industry..Please email us at [email protected]

Non-Government Organisations (NGO), International Organisations (IO) and Government Sector: Here is a selection of some of the positions available in the NGO / IO / Government sectors. Expatriates are encouraged to apply directly with their preferred field of work. Should you be interested in other positions or opportunities but none of the jobs below suit your profile or career needs at the moment - send us an email on [email protected] and we will be happy to assist with sourcing opportunities and looking at potential projects that might be launched in the near future.

:cool:

Going on a trip-visa run,LOTs of good up 2 date facts on post Polly Pots back garden.

(with thanks again Gordon....beer in Toms/Walkabout.)

Welcome to my Cambodia FAQ and not so FAQ, comprised of 131 questions and answers covering some basic but often asked questions and some less frequently made queries that should still be of use to somebody. And like everything else on this website, it's opinionated, but I've tried not to let opinions stand in the way of the facts. Still, as you read through this section please bear in mind that some of the topics covered enter rather gray areas with no absolute answer. Thus, some of my comments may be open to a certain degree of debate.

The FAQ and not so FAQ is broken up by topics, the number in parenthesis is the number of questions in the section and the date is when I most recently updated the section. Hopefully you won't have to jump around too much to find the answers you're looking for. For example, if you want information about renting a motorcycle you'll go to the Transportation section, but if you want to know what happens if the police stop you you'll need to look in the Legalities section. Because some topics could fit in more than one section, further down on this page I've constructed an index to help you find the answers you need.

This FAQ file will no doubt evolve and grow over time as things change and I think of more questions that need answering. And as I can't think of everything, if there's something you'd like to know and it isn't covered here, drop me a note at [email protected].

Also, if I've expressed in opinion or proffered an answer you have a problem with, tell me about it. I'm always happy to post opposing viewpoints on this website.

FAQ (and not so FAQ)

Legalities: visas, police, corruption (16) August 4, 2003

Transportation (19) August 4, 2003

Food and drink (14) August 4, 2003

Safety (7) August 4, 2003

Money (13) August 9, 2003

Health (10) August 9, 2003

Sex (9) August 9, 2003

Communications: internet, phone, TV, etc. (7) April 27, 2003

Photography (8) April 27, 2003

Tourist attractions (16) April 27, 2003

Miscellaneous: stuff that defies categorization (12) April

Index...........

Accidents, traffic (Legal, Transportation)

Adoptions (Miscellaneous)

Air travel, international and domestic (Transportation)

Airport departure tax (Transportation)

Alone, female traveling (Safety)

Angkor Wat, Angkor Archaeological Park (Tourism)

Angkor, as a day trip (Tourism)

Angkor, cost (Tourism)

Angkor, days to see (Tourism)

Angkor, getting around (Tourism)

Angkor, guides (Tourism)

Angkor, sneaking in (Tourism)

Angkor, tickets (Tourism)

Angkor, tickets, where does the money go (Tourism)

ATM (Money)

Bargaining (Money, Transportation)

Bars (Food and drink)

Beaches  (Tourism)

Beer (Food and drink)

Begging (Money)

Boats, speedboats (Transportation) and lots more>>>>>>>

http://talesofasia.com/cambodia-elections-will.htm

:cool:  ???  :o

• 3 weeks later...

There are quite a few travel agents on Khao San road who can arrange bus transport to Siem Reap for you, but I wouldn't travel this way unless you hate yourself.

You can get a first class bus from Mor Chit to Aranyaprathet for under 180 baht which will take you to the Cambodian border. From there, you can either go on a truck (I wouldn't recommend) or take a private taxi direct to Siem Reap for about 1000 - 1200 baht. This is the most comfortable way.

If you're looking for accommodation in Siem Reap, the Home Sweet Home Guesthouse is good. It is located on the east side of the river and double rooms with aircon cost about $15 USD per night.