Vietnamese Visa Fees

ClaytonSeymour

Does anyone know the cost of a Vietnamese Visa in London (same day express service) as opposed to the cost of obtaining it in Bangkok? I've tried the Vietnamese Embassy's website, but no fees on show - advised to contact the embassy. It's now closed for the weekend & if I'm going to obtain it in London, I want to make my travel & one night accommodation arrangements prior to going into work on Monday.

Does anyone know the cost of a Vietnamese Visa in London (same day express service) as opposed to the cost of obtaining it in Bangkok? I've tried the Vietnamese Embassy's website, but no fees on show - advised to contact the embassy. It's now closed for the weekend & if I'm going to obtain it in London, I want to make my travel & one night accommodation arrangements prior to going into work on Monday.

about 100 Oz $ in Australia, similar everywhere I think, US 100

I still recommend www.stayinvietnam.com for online Vietnam visa applications, with secure site for paying the US$48 dollars application fee. They will fax or email you the invitation letter from Immigration and all you need is to front up at the visa-on-arrival desk, fill in the form, give them your passport and a picture and pay the US$50 (single) or US$100 (multiple) for the actual visa. Tourist or Business and no letter of introduction from client is normally needed (but polite to have one IMHO). My VN client screwed up my recent invitation but I logged on, applied, followed up with a phone call and I had my invitation in my hand at the airport 5 hours later and had dinner in Vung Tau that same evening.

Edited by NanLaew

The above post seems strange, bit of a rip off somwhere.

I went from Cambodia into Vietnam 3rd July last year by bus at Sihanouk Ville border crossing.

It cost US$35 for a 30-day stay, single entry.

You will need a visa-sized photograph.

Like Cambodia, the visa is a full-page stick-in, so be sure to have empty open pages!

If I remember correctly, was over 12 months ago,.

No hassle.

Edited by Zpete

Cost at their emb is BKK was:

35US$ for normal processing=collect 3d, maybe with luck 2nd day. valid 30 days, 1 foto needed

Or double that for same day-express: bring morning, collect afternoon. With luck and determinaion you might even be able to catch an evening flight to VN. Beats any quote from above.

Does VN have visa on arrival?

Can I fly from USA to Hanoi with no visa until I get there? NanLaew's reply referes to visa on arrival desk??

There is a visa on arrival system, but you need to pre-arrange the visa with a travel agency before you travel. I think it's cheaper and the same amount of paperwork to get a standard tourist visa directly at the embassy.

Jeez, yesterday I paid 62 euros at the Paris Vietnamese consulate, that's 3100 Baht :o

Anyway from Udon Thani to drive to Kon Kaen and wait x days it would have cost me more...

My guess is these countries (Vietnam, Laos) don't want our tourist money making it a hassle to obtain a visa (will need one week to pick up passport!)

I live 120kms from Vientiane and would go there often if it was not for the 1300B visa fee. The saw me once, and so will be Vietnam. :D

I am in the USA. I was quite put off a year or two ago when I tried to find out the costs and process for getting a Vietnam Visa. Going to their website, they do NOT post the price. You have to send them an email. BS! I like simple things up front. I sent them an email using one of my junk email accounts in case I start getting spammed and here is part of the email reply.

6) What is the fee?

Without prior authorizations,

-Single entry, one-month:

- $65.00 (regular service - 5 business days).

- $85.00 (rush service - 2 business days).

- Single entry, three-month:

- $110 (regular service - 3 to 4 business day).

- Multiple entry:

- 1 month: $130.00 (3 business day).

- 3 month: $150.00 (3 to 4 business day).

- 6 month: $200.00 (3 to 4 business day).

The problem with Vietnam is it is very difficult for me to plan trips in advance due to the nature of my contracting job. When there is work, I work. When not working I jet off to Thailand and visa on arrival. Vietnam visas are dated and do not last very long before they expire. This reduces the chances I will visit Vietnam. So much still to see in Thailand, and Laos and Cambodia and the Philippines.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

The visa online is generally cheaper and more convenient than going to the embassies these days and some agents only charge $10 for the pre-approval letter. You can only enter vietnam at saigon, hanoi and dalang airports with this though. Reports are it is becoming very popular nowadays and the wait time is about 30 minutes if you have all your forms, photos and cash in order when you arrive.

I filled the form in on line and paid at airport HCM $ 25 dont know why anyone would pay $50

What form did you fill in? can you provide the link? I like some others found the only way was to pay $23 for a Visa approval letter, then pay $25 for the actual visa on arrival, not doubting you, but I want to go back soon and if there is a cheaper way i would like to know