Rayong, Anyone Live There?

Vegemite

Does anyone on this forum live in the Rayong area or know enough about it to give me some advise?

I will be visiting the area in a couple of weeks and I am trying to avoid staying with some of the inlaws.

Great looking sister but the kid will drive me crazy and I like a bit of privacy.

Can you suggest any hotels, guesthouses, apartments or similar that are half way decent.

Ideally I would like something like an apartment / Guesthouse with a balcony.

Any ideas will be thankfully recieved.

Thanks.

Does anyone on this forum live in the Rayong area or know enough about it to give me some advise?

I will be visiting the area in a couple of weeks and I am trying to avoid staying with some of the inlaws.

Great looking sister but the kid will drive me crazy and I like a bit of privacy.

Can you suggest any hotels, guesthouses, apartments or similar that are half way decent.

Ideally I would like something like an apartment / Guesthouse with a balcony.

Any ideas will be thankfully recieved.

Thanks.

How long are you staying? Do you mean the city of Rayong, or an outlying area like Ban Chang or Ban Phe?

For short term, there are hotels like the Madina and Star Hotel in Rayong. If longer term, I would try the PMY which is on the beach and has balconies and is also in Rayong. Best thing is to drive around and pick an area you like. There's lots of rentals available, but there's no listing services, so you have to pound the pavement. Ban Chang also has some great rentals along the beach road.

Thanks,

we are staying for about a week and might get out to the island if we can.

Not sure where the inlaw lives but aparently close to the city.

Have to try and keep the wife happy and still keep my independance. A bit like jugeling.

Didnt realise there was an Eastern forum here.

Maybe I should have asked this question there.

Thanks for your help.