Honda Cbr 125 /150

surgunn

hi there, I was using a regular scooter as many others do in thailand. but I want to change and buy a stronger bike.

I ve been thinking of buying a honda cbr. on the internet I ve seen that there is a 125cc model of honda cbr.

but in Thailand, I cannot find any. arent they imported?

or if I cannot find 125 , I want to buy 150cc model. but even that one, I cannot find a second hand one?

can anyone help me how can I find a second hand 150cc model? in bangkok, around SaiMai district?

and is it difficult to use it, cuz I am used to automatic ones..

thanx

surgan they only sell the cbr 150 in Thailand. just go into your local honda dealer and ask. here in omyai they have 2 shops who have about 6 cbrs in stock from 32thou up to 48thou. my friend has a nearly new 2007 cbr with 1400km on the clock for 47500baht (63000baht new) if interested pm me.

they are easy and light to ride.

allan

hi there, I was using a regular scooter as many others do in thailand. but I want to change and buy a stronger bike.

I ve been thinking of buying a honda cbr. on the internet I ve seen that there is a 125cc model of honda cbr.

but in Thailand, I cannot find any. arent they imported?

To be honest, I'm not sure exactly where they're made; I thought I read they were produced locally and then shipped internationally, a la the Ninja 250 used to be, but I could be wrong. I do know they're sold in Canada and the UK.

or if I cannot find 125 , I want to buy 150cc model. but even that one, I cannot find a second hand one?

Even if you could find a 125, I'd steer you toward the 150 model. You get some 4 extra HP, and it will be cheaper. However, you give up fuel injection and a newer fairing. The fuel injection you can definitely live without, since stock the 150 will return ~40 km/l.

can anyone help me how can I find a second hand 150cc model? in bangkok, around SaiMai district?

and is it difficult to use it, cuz I am used to automatic ones..

It's hard to find a used CBR 150 in Bangkok unless you get in contact with a Westerner. I haven't even seen one in the various shops that I have visited.

Not terribly difficult to use the manual transmission. All those gears allow you to be in the right ratio no matter the driving condition.

However, I did find this 1995 model; it's a breath-taking 39 000 THB!

thanx

Edited by dave_boo

thanx for reply, I will check that one out. and I didnot know that website motocyc, it might be helpful to search.

and for second hand, I am afraid it is too hard to find one. now I am searching on the net, there are some, but far far away from my location.. but I will keep on searching though..

about the difficulty of gears.. I think after a little exercise I will get used to it..

keep in touch friends

The Honda CBR-125 and 150 are both made in Thailand, and I belief that you can even buy the CBR-125R in Thailand. The 125cc model is not that popular in Thailand, it has the same engine as the Honda Soinic 125 and with somewhat heavier frame it would even be slower then the Sonic, the price was as I not mistake a bit more expensive then a Honda Sonic. (A official Honda dealer can probably help you better about the correct prices, but I seen enough CBR-125R in Thailand)

Of course if the price difference between a CBR-125R and the CBR-150R is not that much I would go for a 150cc

i see what u mean

of course 150 is better, my prob is not money, but I cannot find any of them, neither 125 nor 150.

there are some bikes on the net, but they are far away from my district, so I cannot go and buy them, the distance must be reasonable.

and I checked thaisecondhand and mocyc. do u know any other websites to search second hand bikes?

but I dont know thai.

surgan if you really want a cbr150 you are going to have to travel. i already tell you there are 2 shops near me omyai opposite BigC that have about 8 in stock(different ages and colours).

also on charoen sanitwong road near pinklao there are many shops about half way down with many cbr's.

surgann you have to go and look.

allan :o

ok thaicbr, I wanna come and check that place, but I am new in bangkok and cannot understand the roads..

I checked the google maps, but it is still complicated. maybe u can explain me:

how can I go from saimai to that place (charoen sanitwong). can I come by my motorbike, or shall I use taxi? is it close and easy? I cant understand.

as far as I see, first I need to find a road that goes towards Laksi or DinDaeng? it seems really hard for me, cuz Ive never tried myself

surgan they only sell the cbr 150 in Thailand. just go into your local honda dealer and ask. here in omyai they have 2 shops who have about 6 cbrs in stock from 32thou up to 48thou. my friend has a nearly new 2007 cbr with 1400km on the clock for 47500baht (63000baht new) if interested pm me.

they are easy and light to ride.

allan

Allan is spot on, The CBR 150 is the way to go. Electric start, 6 speeds

and low maintainance. Sweet ride, great mileage. First off the line in

a crowd of Dreams. Easy to go from automatic to shifting, you get the hang of it in a few days. Much better control at low speeds. The 150 can handle Doi Inthanon no problem.There is a reason a used one is

hard to find :o Chok Dee. Happy trails.

hi there, after days of searching, I have found acbr150 in pathumthani. year: 2545 (7 years) ? and price: 35.000 Baht

dont you think it is too expensive for 7yo bike? it looks good and same like new first hand bike. but the year is too old. shall I buy it?

or do you have any other suggestion about second hand cbr150?

surgunn

i'm not Thai and the bike is a 2546(2003) so 5 years old. its done 16000km and is the newer color red and black. michelin sporty tyres, endurance downpipe, new chain and sprockets and will easily cruise at 120kmh top 140kmh with my fat 115 kg's.

i would be looking for about 36,000baht as is or change tyres and exhaust back to standard 33,000 baht

this is only maybe for sale as i have to go to kawasaki tmoro to look at the ninja 250 and see if i like it.

allan

thanx for info

remember, u told me there are many cbr bikes in omyai or sanitwong.

now I checked these locations in google maps. I will go today if it doesnot rain or tomorrow.

but the problem is, I find that district, but when I arrive there, I dont know where are the bikes?

yesterday and the day before, I travelled to some other districts like dingdaeng or lat phrao, but I cannot find second hand bike shops.

can u please tell me an easy place to find there in omyai (bigC?) and in sanitwong?

u can understand me, it is difficult to travel by bike in bangkok.

thanx for info

remember, u told me there are many cbr bikes in omyai or sanitwong.

now I checked these locations in google maps. I will go today if it doesnot rain or tomorrow.

but the problem is, I find that district, but when I arrive there, I dont know where are the bikes?

yesterday and the day before, I travelled to some other districts like dingdaeng or lat phrao, but I cannot find second hand bike shops.

can u please tell me an easy place to find there in omyai (bigC?) and in sanitwong?

u can understand me, it is difficult to travel by bike in bangkok.

There are a bunch of motorcycle shops on Charan Sanitwong (I live on Charan Sanitwong). They are not all in one location. You just have to ride up and down the street and stop at the shops to find out what they have in stock. (The dealers usually operate out of shophouses like any other Thai business--so it is not like there is one central area for motorbike dealers.)

The CBR is a good bike, check with dealers as they may have taken used bikes on trade ins for newer models, but the CBR's are a bit rare so you will have to look. The CBR is kind of rare because 1) it is relatively pricey compared to the step through scooters (63,000 baht) 2) isn't as practical as the step throughs since you can't ride 3 or more people on a sportbike, and it doesn't have handy baskets to carry stuff in 3) is not as comfortable as a step through (like any sport style bike you have to lean on your wrists) and 4) not alot of Thais know how to ride a manual transmission bike. So you will have to search around to find one used.

If you are interested in an NSR (which by the way makes twice as much power as the CBR) send me a PM, as I have one available for way way way under 30,000 baht.

I may think NSR if it is not too old or expensive.

and today I was almost lost on the roads, it is too difficult to find a place without a specific address or well-known location.

any idea for easy-travelling?

and I live in SaiMai, how can I get to Sanitwong?

taxi .....

do you know where Major pinklao is well its quite close to there. i think that for you to get a bigger bike might be a bit dangerous. because you stress out to much just get a bangkok map from a good book store and check the route and go :o

allan

submaniac is the NSR a single sided singarm RR. if so how much?

Edited by thaicbr

u think so :o

I do not afraid that much. today I made nearly 100km on my 125cc-JRD :D travelling the roads I dont know!

I checked it on the map, it supposed to say 'ratchatapisek' to turn right, but I could not see such a sign. than I went straight and turned back home. :D

I think the map and the road signs is not same same :D

what is worse: I cannot speak thai, so when I ask someone, they speak thai and I cannot understand the way by using sign language only!

maybe tomorrow I will try again, cuz I love riding and travelling over 100km is nice for fun, and noone expects such a fast bike in the appearance :D sometimes I give up the idea of buying a CBR, cuz in three days, my JRD served very well, working non-stop 2-3 hours :(

so, is it true that NSR is faster than CBR?

AND if you have two options:

1- year 2002 NSR for 15.000

2- year 2002 CBR for 35.000

which one do you choose?

and, by the way, I have never used a manual geared bike.

Not sure if the model years overlap, but you might find a similar choice, like a 2003 CBR for 27K and a 2001 NSR for much less. The gas consumption for the NSR might be double - they both use benzene. The NSR is enough of a niche cult bike that parts are still available, and mechanics can work on either. If you want more power and have less money, the NSR is the choice.

If you can ride a bike, you can learn to shift.

thanx for help,

here is my idea, first I will buy an NSR for apx. 10000, and then after learning how to shift, I will buy a newer bike.

because I am afraid of harming the gears during my learning period?

cuz as far as I know, if I cannot manage the proper shifting, the bike stops and stucks, and I think it might harm the bike. am I right?

(OR which one is better for learning?)

Surgunn the CBR will be easier to learn on because its 4stroke. if your not doing anything this afternoon check the Nonthaburi bike show thread and get yourself down there.

then you should see loads of bikes and maybe catch up with one or two people on this forum.

and the maps are on the thread.

allan