Accomodations In Bangkok

shiva

There are lots of links to hotels on this page, if you were a bit more specific ie location (near embassies, entertainment district), reason for visit (sightseeing, business etc), length of stay, I and other members could point you in the right direction.

Yes, of course..specifics help..I'm coming with an intent towards finding a niche in which to write and prob.will do so on or near Phuket,but am up for suggestions..

Anyway, I'll be in Bangkok for 3 days before training south, and am wanting comfortable and reasonably quiet lodging while there..If I am somewhat close to the train station, and central to decent restaurants, that would be great..a nice area for walking about without having to do the taxi's or tuk tuk would be wonderful.. I'm really not up for sight seeing while there..keeping it simple, and laid back..as much as possible..If I can only get this by being less central, then I can be up for that..A quiet guest house would be greatpreferably with a t.v...

you have posted in the wrong section but any way here we go, nasa vegas is good and might suit your needs. You can find the hotel in the links in the Travel related sections in this forum.

bed02.jpg

http://www.hotelthailand.com/bangkok/nasavegas/

These is no need to book online as there are always rooms available at the online prices.

Enjoy.

Hi,

this is my favourite hotel out of all three that I have stayed at, hehe:

http://www.presidentsolitaire.com/hotels/p...ire/default.asp

Its not all that cheap but perhaps worth considering. And the TV is huge ......

Another one, havent tried it myself but will do for sure one day, is:

http://www.theatlantahotel.bizland.com/

Both within walking distance of the Cabbages & Condoms restaurant which you probably heard of. Very nice!

Have a good stay,

Ignorami

I'm landing in Bangkok on Dec. 13th, and am wanting inviting accomodations, and as quiet as possible..It's a very long flight, and I'd like to feel a bit pampered, without spending a fortune. Any recomendations?

What do you mean by inviting accomodations?

What do you mean by quiet and pampered?

You do not need us, I think... :o

you have posted in the wrong section but any way here we go, nasa vegas is good and might suit your needs. You can find the hotel in the links in the Travel related sections in this forum.

bed02.jpg

http://www.hotelthailand.com/bangkok/nasavegas/

These is no need to book online as there are always rooms available at the online prices.

Enjoy.

They have nice aquariums there nice fishies in tanks get somewhere closer to town a taxi to world trade centre costs 65-120 tbart depending on traffic.

Hi,

this is my favourite hotel out of all three that I have stayed at, hehe:

http://www.presidentsolitaire.com/hotels/p...ire/default.asp

Its not all that cheap but perhaps worth considering. And the TV is huge ......

Another one, havent tried it myself but will do for sure one day, is:

http://www.theatlantahotel.bizland.com/

Both within walking distance of the Cabbages & Condoms restaurant which you probably heard of. Very nice!

Have a good stay,

Thanks..I thinkthe President Solitaire will win out!

Ignorami

I'm landing in Bangkok on Dec. 13th, and am wanting inviting accomodations, and as quiet as possible..It's a very long flight, and I'd like to feel a bit pampered, without spending a fortune. Any recomendations?

Unless there are renovations on the building and you are paying 1500B up, all hotels in tourist areas will offer a quiet room for sleeping.

The hotel suggested (Nasa Vegas?) is out of tourist area and the prices they quote are rather normal for that location.

If "quiet" means far from lower Sukhumvit, Silom, WTC...and other known spots, that's hotel for you then.

Not that taxi fares would kill you but time spent in them may be later remembered as a bad thing.

The President Solitaire looks good..Will research a bit more before Idecide..thanks for the recommend! The nasa vegas is unbelievably reasonable for the look of it..Decisions..decisions..

Its good there, food ok etc, check some more links in this section

President Solitaire may be nice but for some it's hardly walking distance to BTS.

For the prices they charge I would rather stay at the Emporium. Direct access to Phrom Phong BTS station (almost like built above it).

World class accommodation, large rooms, large high quality shopping mall within the building, cinema theatres, food...a favorite spot for many. Next to the Benjasiri park.

http://www.bangkokhoteltravel.com/emporium.htm

>Am arriving in Bangkok on the 13th, and will be very tired after an over 14 hour plane ride..I want to treat myself to nice hotel just to r and r before an over night train ride to suratthani, where I ferry onto Koh Samui..

Anyway, any recommendations for digs in Bangkok? Something luxurious, but not too pricey..The President Solitaire looks good..The Atlanta hotel looks interesting but don't show pics of rooms on the net?

You did not notice your post had been moved into here.

To keep it in one thread, copy-pasted and replying here.

Man, after spending 4000+B for one night accommodation, you are going on 200B train to Surat Thani?

When you arrive to Surat Thani, that's not all, you will need another 30-40km ride on a van/bus to the pier that has been newly built in the wilderness (Donsak).

Then a ferry, that's an hour and something, can't remember. Since the place where the ferry arrives is not Chaweng or Lamai, another 10-15km transfer will have to occur.

Don't know how cheap your time comes, I would take BKK Air straight to Koh Samui.

Nana thai Mansion  room was 800baht a night it was clean basic had tv fridge air con all the usual stuff its sumkumvit sio 4 down the road from nanna plazza next to the tabaco factory

It's Nana Tai, not "Thai" (Tai = south) for those who want to search the net.

Large rooms with sofa for sitting. Sort of value for money.

Usually does not appear on the same page of the catalogues with the Emporium Suites, probably many pages behind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think for the money the Conrad hotel is the best. Although president solitaire is bigger, I dont really think the location is all that great unless you are a fan of soi cowboy and nana plaza. Conrad has the most beautiful contemporary thai interior design and a pretty amazing shower that can has multiple shower heads one being a height adjustable shower head and the other being a ceiling adjusted rain shower that is pretty amazing. The wall between the bathroom and bedroom is made out of transparent glass with a motorized curtain that can be opened/closed by the press of a button from either the outside or inside. The hotel is less than 2 years old, and since the elevator is accessed by your room key card, you have far less of the riff raff coming to visit their balding, bloated, and overaged male european "friends". My girlfriend and I work in the CRC tower, so it is easy to go both to work or visit her at her office. I didnt think I had anything against bargirls until my last trip, let me correct myself, I dont have anything against bargirls, just rude (typically) fat, (Typically) old, (typically) white guys that cant get a girl in their native country, and so they all seem to come to Thailand. You dont see nearly as many of these people as you would at president solitaire or JW Marriot. I am saying this out of experience, since I have stayed at Intercontinental, JW, Sheraton, Conrad, President Solitaire, 4 seasons, Shangri-la, and the Oriental in the past year with at least 3 days in each. The service though is somewhat lacking at the Conrad, but excellent at the Intercontinental. I just got transferred to Bangkok, so I am now living in the Conrad Mansions (serviced apartments) and I love it. I am close to everything and I couldnt ask for more in their facilites (tennis, swimming, yoga). Good luck - there are alot of great places, but alot of crap places too!

I am sure this subject is already past date for the original poster.

But had to add my 2 cents for President Solitaire. I stayed there for 2 weeks in February 2004. It is a little walk to the BTS I agree, but I am 60 years old and walked everyday to BTS, and much further on some days. Also, the hotel has a tuk tuk at the door, and is usually there to give you a lift to Sukhumvit road.

As for the food, I thought it was excellant and since my favorite meal is breakfast, I was very happy with it. Also, the service could not have been better.

The suite I had was on the 1st level of rooms and was outstanding in every way.

The 42" digital tv is also a plus.

Just my opinion.

• 2 months later...

Checked into the Park Avenue on SOI22

Have to say its the best hotel in the 2k baht price range I have stayed in.

Older hotel resonably stylishly and tastefuly renovated.

Nice restaurant and good buffet brekky for 290bht.

Reception staff efficient and friendly which is becoming unusual in this price range of hotels these days.

Little out of the way but ###### not much doing on suk these days anyway its all construction sites.

I am sure this subject is already past date for the original poster.

But had to add my 2 cents for President Solitaire. I stayed there for 2 weeks in February 2004. It is a little walk to the BTS I agree, but I am 60 years old and walked everyday to BTS, and much further on some days. Also, the hotel has a tuk tuk at the door, and is usually there to give you a lift to Sukhumvit road.

As for the food, I thought it was excellant and since my favorite meal is breakfast, I was very happy with it. Also, the service could not have been better.

The suite I had was on the 1st level of rooms and was outstanding in every way.

The 42" digital tv is also a plus.

Just my opinion.

• 5 weeks later...