Milk Safe To Drink Here?

kmart

I see Thailand has finally gotten around to pulling (or requesting stores/shops to pull) a number of products from the shelves, including biscuits, cakes and some candy bars.

I'm unsure if this is the thread I was aiming for - I thought there was another (?) that was more current, however, I understand that a number of foods that may be affected by the current issue appear to have been discounted for 'quick sale' at at least one popular Pattaya supermarket.

Better to sell at a lost than bin them?

Apparently the cheese used in making pizza comes from China (Pizza Hut in Taiwan has pulled it) and is contaminated melamine. Same problem could be here. The next pizza I order, I think I'll drop the 'extra cheese' I usually order!

Avoid all candies, sweet breads, bakeries etc containing milk, cream or cheese. Mars and Snicker bars are also affected as well as numerous other products you'd normally find in a 7eleven shelf. And don't forget, it's not compulsory to remove these contaminated items for the shops, it's only "recommended".. TiT ! And don't forget that you're in a highly corrupt country, can you guarantee that a custom officer wouldn't let these items in the country for a few thousand baht ? exactly. The (thai-)chinese want to earn money here..

• 3 weeks later...

There have been a number of problems surface here in Thailand...and those have been reported here.

One was the government seizing a big supply of bulk milk powder or something similar, supposedly, before it got into the supply chain, though they were checking on that... And then there have been a couple of product problems at well.

I think they also supposedly began a hold and inspection program for milk product imports from China.

That's what I remember reading here. But I haven't tracked it closely the past two weeks or so. Do a TV search and see the latest.