Gps Trackin Systems In Thailand?

stingray

All of my trucks and pickups have real time GPS tracking. We studied a couple of companies about three years ago and settled on DTC. I have no complaints with their service and every time we add a vehicle to the fleet we install the DTC tracking system.

Their website is http://www.dtc.co.th/en/products.php

Thanks for the link. I'll ask them

Can you clarify why you need the tracking system? Is it just for one car or is it for a fleet?

The jammer won't really work. The system will recognize that the engine is running but the unit is not receiving a GPS signal. This will alert the tracking software at the office. If you are running a fleet and have staff that are responsible for the tracking software they will call the driver and tell him that there is a problem with the GPS.

The tracking system has been a useful addition to our company's operations and I doubt that we will ever have any vehicles below management level without the GPS unit installed in them. All of our drivers have a drivers manual that clearly tells them how we expect them to operate and take care of the vehicle. We also explain to all drivers how the GPS system works and why it is installed. The net result is that we have had a significant reduction in accidents, we no longer worry about where vehicles are after working hours and holidays, we basically know where the vehicles are at all time and we know if people a stealing fuel.

I forgot to mention earlier, the cost for the system from DTC is about 28,000 baht for the GPS unit including the fuel level monitor. The software package that we have is 50,000 Baht for two users and there is a charge of about 300 Baht per month per GPS unit. The monthly charge can vary depending on how you setup the tracking unit.

Can you clarify why you need the tracking system? Is it just for one car or is it for a fleet?

The jammer won't really work. The system will recognize that the engine is running but the unit is not receiving a GPS signal. This will alert the tracking software at the office. If you are running a fleet and have staff that are responsible for the tracking software they will call the driver and tell him that there is a problem with the GPS.

The tracking system has been a useful addition to our company's operations and I doubt that we will ever have any vehicles below management level without the GPS unit installed in them. All of our drivers have a drivers manual that clearly tells them how we expect them to operate and take care of the vehicle. We also explain to all drivers how the GPS system works and why it is installed. The net result is that we have had a significant reduction in accidents, we no longer worry about where vehicles are after working hours and holidays, we basically know where the vehicles are at all time and we know if people a stealing fuel.

I forgot to mention earlier, the cost for the system from DTC is about 28,000 baht for the GPS unit including the fuel level monitor. The software package that we have is 50,000 Baht for two users and there is a charge of about 300 Baht per month per GPS unit. The monthly charge can vary depending on how you setup the tracking unit.

Thanks for all this informations. We have rental cars in Pattaya. Therefore i would like to know if and when the cars get to the cambodian border or in case a car get stolen. I would like to beable to shut off the engine, if neccessary. No need to control the fuellevel. Only want to find the car. Some local car rental companies ofered me the "Chip" my cars with them for 3'000 Baht per car and 200 Baht per nmonth. But i would like to beable and control the GPS from my office. I saw anotherone for about 7'000 Baht at www.spythailand.com

The tracking system have to be hidden, otherwise thiefs can disconnect it.

Maybe i would like to insatall even cameras in the cars, to have evidences in case of accident. Its for protecting our customers in case of accident. I hear in UK they have samething like chips where things can get chipped. Not only cars, even items, so you can find them back if they get lost

Edited by stingray

I would like to install GPS Real Tracking System in my cars. Any Ideas or expiriences? Which is the best? How much? Is Thailand nationwide covered?

Depends on your needs. By Real Tracking you might mean Real Time Tracking? However if you just want (real) tracking you can simply buy a 60USD GPS tracker the size of matchbox that you post process monthly or whenever. No other costs involved.

I would like to install GPS Real Tracking System in my cars. Any Ideas or expiriences? Which is the best? How much? Is Thailand nationwide covered?

Depends on your needs. By Real Tracking you might mean Real Time Tracking? However if you just want (real) tracking you can simply buy a 60USD GPS tracker the size of matchbox that you post process monthly or whenever. No other costs involved.

Thats maybe the one. Where i can find it?

That sort of device would do you no good at all if the car is stolen. You have to retrieve the device to be able to download the information to your computer. You need real time tracking to accomplish what you want to do.

That sort of device would do you no good at all if the car is stolen. You have to retrieve the device to be able to download the information to your computer. You need real time tracking to accomplish what you want to do.

Hi,

I recommend Vektor GPS Tracking Solution, www.vektor.co.th. The system is 100% web based, reasonably priced and uses ISO and TUV certified hardware. You can remotely kill engines and also get automated email or sms alerts if the cars are leaving or approaching areas. Vehicles can even be tracking into neighboring countries.

Best,

Doug

Hi,

I recommend Vektor GPS Tracking Solution, www.vektor.co.th. The system is 100% web based, reasonably priced and uses ISO and TUV certified hardware. You can remotely kill engines and also get automated email or sms alerts if the cars are leaving or approaching areas. Vehicles can even be tracking into neighboring countries.

Best,

Doug

Thanks for all the advises. Vector looks good to me after i checked their website.