Non Img B Visa Run

Hi All,

I was previously working in Thailand and had a work permit. I left that job and took some time off, but didn't communicate with the department of employment that I had left that job.

After leaving that job I left Thailand for a month and returned a month later on a toursit visa. Since then I've been taking some time off and have been on the go in/out x3 1 month tourist visas (i.e. crossing the border 3 consecutive months in and out of Thailand). During this last month (the third of the maximum 1 month tourist visas allowed) I was proposed another job in Thailand.

My prospective employer has informed me of the requirements to go out of the country for another Non Img B visa before eventually applying for another work permit...my questions are;

"Will having previously held a Non Img B visa and work permit have any ramifications on applying for a new one?"

"Should I show my old work permit to the consulate where I apply for the new Non Img B visa?"

"Will the fact that I have been here on the maximum x3 1 month tourist visas endanger my chances of getting a Non Img B visa?"

"Where are the best places to go on a Non Img B visa run?"

"Which of these destinations for a Non Img B would be the best/most assured of success?"

"Which is the cheapest?"

Thank You In Advance For Any And All Correspondance!

There are various threads on this but assuming you have the correct paperwork, then you should be able to get the "B" visa single entry from somewhere like Penang or Kuala Lumpur. I would think Penang is the cheapest on Air Asia.

However, one word of caution. If you have not got all the paperwork and you leave it to the last day of your 90 days, you will be refused entry and will be stuck in Penang or wherever. Should it all go tits up and you don't have the time, then you should be able to get at least a single entry tourist visa enabling you to return and get the paperwork sorted.

Others are more expert on the procedure than me and they can fill in the blanks but the paperwork is the key.