Ninety Day Reporting.

Yesterday, Sunday, was my 90 day address report day. Since they were closed yesterday, I reported today. No problem.

I had read various reports on this forum about having to prove my residency, so I went prepared. My Thai wife and I took with us the marriage license, (copy), and the house papers, (copies), but I requested my wife keep them in her purse until they were demanded by immigration. I sat down armed with TM-7, completed, and my passport, and handed them to the nice, smiling lady. She immediately started stamping my TM-7 form with the usual stamps, checked my arrival card in my passport, and compared the number with the one I had written on my form, thumbed through my passport to the visa page, glanced at it, and finished stamping my form, (the bottom portion), signed it, seperated it from the top half by tearing it with a steel ruler, and stapled it in my passport........(here comes the new rule).......along with a small square note, printed in both Thai and English, stating that the NEXT time you report you have to furnish PROOF of residency, either with house papers, a rent reciept, or a statement from the electric co, phone co. etc.....

This was at Jomtiern Immigration, on soi 5. We got there a little after three in the afternoon, there was no one waiting, and the whole process took less than five minutes. There's no way it could have been any simpler, ErnieK :o

Yesterday, Sunday, was my 90 day address report day. Since they were closed yesterday, I reported today. No problem.

I had read various reports on this forum about having to prove my residency, so I went prepared. My Thai wife and I took with us the marriage license, (copy), and the house papers, (copies), but I requested my wife keep them in her purse until they were demanded by immigration. I sat down armed with TM-7, completed, and my passport, and handed them to the nice, smiling lady. She immediately started stamping my TM-7 form with the usual stamps, checked my arrival card in my passport, and compared the number with the one I had written on my form, thumbed through my passport to the visa page, glanced at it, and finished stamping my form, (the bottom portion), signed it, seperated it from the top half by tearing it with a steel ruler, and stapled it in my passport........(here comes the new rule).......along with a small square note, printed in both Thai and English, stating that the NEXT time you report you have to furnish PROOF of residency, either with house papers, a rent reciept, or a statement from the electric co, phone co. etc.....

This was at Jomtiern Immigration, on soi 5. We got there a little after three in the afternoon, there was no one waiting, and the whole process took less than five minutes. There's no way it could have been any simpler, ErnieK :o

The various immigration offices around Thailand seem to act independently. Like a lot of rules there seems to be no logic. I have given up on Suan Plu and now go to the One Stop office in Phaholythin Rd Bangkok .Its a breeze, no numbers, no lining up for 90 day reporting and no proof of residence required.

6 months ago I went to Suan Plu for the last time and it took 2 hours for ninety day reporting. I sat in front of a sign that read "Sorry for convenience we have new system" Thats says it all really !

I had a friend do his 90 day reporting at Suan Plu yesterday and another one did his today. NEITHER had to show anything other than their passport and the correctly filled out TM.47 (Alien Staying Longer Than 90 Days) form.

The O/P mentions the TM.7 which is NOT a 90 day reporting form, but an extension of stay form. Maybe the story got confused because of that. I reported at Suan Plu last month and needed nothing but the TM.47.

Then again, the ways the various immigration offices interpret, and enforce the rules differs widely. I do agree with the poster who said the "One Stop" Office is far less hassle, as a friend went there last week and said it was NOTHING like the semi-controlled chaos at Suan Plu.

ernie, I got the same piece of paper yesterday at Jomtien Immigration for the first time ever.

post-22319-1222147665_thumb.jpg

Attachment has come out quite small though the piece of paper is about the size of a matchbox!

Edit: Just to mention this was 90 day reporting and I filled filled out TM.47 (Alien Staying Longer Than 90 Days) form.

Edited by Chopper

I found this in a post Lopburi did last month:

"the One Stop Center, floor 16 Rasa Tower II at Soi 19 Phaholyiothin Road, just North of Central Plaza Latphao".

As far as Jomtien and the newly needed paper to show you live here...

Just when you think you know how things work, they raise the bar, lol.. TIT after all..

I had a friend do his 90 day reporting at Suan Plu yesterday and another one did his today. NEITHER had to show anything other than their passport and the correctly filled out TM.47 (Alien Staying Longer Than 90 Days) form.

The O/P mentions the TM.7 which is NOT a 90 day reporting form, but an extension of stay form. Maybe the story got confused because of that. I reported at Suan Plu last month and needed nothing but the TM.47.

Then again, the ways the various immigration offices interpret, and enforce the rules differs widely. I do agree with the poster who said the "One Stop" Office is far less hassle, as a friend went there last week and said it was NOTHING like the semi-controlled chaos at Suan Plu.

Please forgive my mistake.....it was, indeed, form TM47..... and NOT TM7. A few trips ago I picked up several assorted forms to bring home with me so I could do the filling out at home, and stuck them in the drawer next to my computer. The TM7 happened to be the one lying on top of the pile, and without noticing I copied down the wrong form number.....a stupid mistake I do admit, but every thing else in the statement is true and correct. I'll still report to Jomtien, which is about ten minutes from my house, even though they demand proof of residence, but it is a dirty shame that the different offices of the same government agency can't follow the same set of rules.

It's their country though and we have to play by their rules if we want to stay here. I've been here a long time and so far I haven't been over burdened with rules and regulations. It's very simple, as a last resort, read the instructions. ErnieK

Yesterday, Sunday, was my 90 day address report day. ...

Had the same experience today at Jomtien, but they've advanced one further step.

seperated it from the top half by tearing it with a steel ruler, and stapled it in my passport......

No more tearing. They generated a computer printout that shows your information, the date you must report again and the date before which you must extend your visa ... which was stapled in my passport.

I suppose the differences is what information various Immigration offices require, in this case verification of address, depends on problems they've experienced. For awhile some people living outside urban areas had to supply a map showing the location of their residence. Wouldn't be surprised in Pattaya if some of the long term residents were providing fictional addresses for whatever reason.

Unfortunately many of the changes that effect us all are as a consequence of what some farang get up to in order to defeat the system.

Wouldn't be surprised in Pattaya if some of the long term residents were providing fictional addresses for whatever reason.

Some pretty unsavoury characters have been unearthed in Pattaya. :o

Tiresome anti-Pattaya prejudice aside, I have often provided a 'made up' address on immigration documents in the past, simply because I didn't know my address. Who knows an address anymore? Do you use snail-mail or something? I don't.

More recently I took to calling my gf at the last minute and asking her address - we don't live together but its close enough, and is at least a real address.

But regarding 90 day reporting - I've never done it, and many people I know have never done it. When if ever is a negative repercussion imposed?

Tiresome anti-Pattaya prejudice aside,

No prejudice at all.

Just observation of news reports. :o

But regarding 90 day reporting - I've never done it, and many people I know have never done it. When if ever is a negative repercussion imposed?

When you need a letter confirming your address they will check your record on the computer.

If you have not done the 90 day reporting you will get fined.

They tried this with me, but I pointed out that I did not need to report as I had travelled outside he country.

But they did get my wife, for not reporting my arrival back from the trip........

She was quite annoyed, as you might imagine.

You may also get fined when you try to extend your visa the next time.

"the One Stop Center, floor 16 Rasa Tower II at Soi 19 Phaholyiothin Road, just North of Central Plaza Latphao".

Here's a link to a map I found in another thread. I've never been here though. Sounds like it's a lot less hassle than Suan Plu. Anyone know exactly what they can deal with here? Can they deal with everything Suan Plu can deal with? I'm interested specifically in extensions of non-EDs. Anyone done this?

I've never had any problem extending visas in the past after not reporting.

Your time will come. I didn't report for over 10 years because no one else I knew was. At that time the enforcement was nearly non-existent. Then a couple of years ago I went in for my visa extension (work) and the officer asked where my TM47 was and then pointed over to the 90 day report desk. 2000 Baht later immigration then approved my extension, which seems they would not have if I didn't get my 90 day up to date. :o

. And when does one 'need a letter confirming' one's address? I've never needed that.

You will need the residents certificate if you want to buy a car or apply for a driving licence.

Unless you have a work permit of course, then the WP is acceptable means of proving residence.

Here's a link to a map I found in another thread. I've never been here though. Sounds like it's a lot less hassle than Suan Plu. Anyone know exactly what they can deal with here? Can they deal with everything Suan Plu can deal with? I'm interested specifically in extensions of non-EDs. Anyone done this?

I was always under the impression (and may be wrong) that the One-stop in Rasa tower was geared towards dealing with businesses ie work permits, visa extensions etc, you may be better giving them a call first to see.

I go down to Suan Plu once a year for my annual visa extension and have been doing so for about 20 years now. Not once have I been pulled up for not reporting my place of residence. My visa extension, based on being married to a Thai, has never encountered any problems.

I realize that some time in the future I may be pulled up and have to pay the fine (hopefully not anytime soon). That is okay with me, but until such a time I will not start reporting every 90 days. I have also been advised that as long as I haven't reported, and not been pulled up, I should not start doing so.

I do not know the reason for never being called on this point. It has just never been an issue

I have to agree with @ opebo.

I'm living and working here on a B visa and work permit since more than 6 years. Never done a 90 days report either and sometimes I'm staying for more than half a year without going abroad. Just made my one-year-extension and new multiple re-entry permit at Suan Plu and have been far over the 90 days at that point. Nobody mentioned anything.

When I'm coming back from abroad the entry stamp (= admitted until ...) always follows the valid re-entry permit (= valid until ...). So if the one-year-extension has just been granted shortly before this might show a period of almost a year.

I really don't understand what this 90 days report is all about. Never did it, never had any problems though.

Is it just me? or is anyone else getting tired of the "I have been here xxxx years and it has never happened to me brigade".

They should all have their own forum on TV, most of them were out on parade on the "busted while not having my passport on me topic"

Yours

V Meldrew

These things seem to go in cycles.

When I first arrived in 1985 no one bothered with 90 day reporting,

then suddenly my company was asking me to sign forms for 90 day report.

Later it lapsed again.

Now back in favour.....

TIT :o

I did my 90 day report today at Pattaya Immigration, with no problems :D . There were three people ahead of me in the queue, so I had to wait maybe 5 or 6 minutes. I gave a polite 'Sawasdee krup' to the sergeant I was reporting to, handed him my passport and completed TM47. Whilst he was checking the details, I asked him if he wanted proof of my address. He replied in the affirmative. I gave him my lease, he cross-checked the address against what I had written on the TM47, and then stamped the slip from the TM 47 and stapled it into my passport. He handed it back to me with a smile and a polite "Thank you" in English. The actual reporting took less than 2 minutes I would guess.

Thanks for the 'heads up' on the new requirement, anyway, I think the Thai sergeant was quite pleased that I knew it was expected. :o