Savanabhumi To Hua Hin

kolasaab

Hi i will be landing in bangkok in early dec and was wondering if there was a bus/coach that goes direct from savanabhumi to hua hin or is it better to just get a taxi? thanks :o

A few weeks ago someone was asking the same question but going in the opposite direction, I believe the answer was no. A taxi to Hua Hin could be very expensive. Why not take a taxi to the Southern Bus Terminal and the bus from there. Takes 3 hours and departures are frequent.

Hi i will be landing in bangkok in early dec and was wondering if there was a bus/coach that goes direct from savanabhumi to hua hin or is it better to just get a taxi? thanks :o

Hello Kolasaab, I am from Hua Hin and I am a frequent flyier, you can take a taxi from the airport down to Victory monument.Beside the shopping mall (sorry I forgot the name of the mall I'll send the name again) theres a Van going to Hua Hin a very comfortable van..and It cost 140THB..leaves every hr..

Or if you're not a total cheapskate, you could probably get an official airport taxi for 2500 or haggle with an unofficial taxi outside for 1500-2000 ish.

why give yourself so much hassle at the start of a holiday - it's meant to be time to relax.

Would there not have been a lot of old trolleys, left over at Don Muang after the new airport opened, only a small percentage of which are still needed there for the current much-reduced Domestic operation ?

Perhaps some of the spares might be transferred, solving the shortage at minimal extra cost, and not generating any expensive brown-envelopes.

Whoops ! I think I just identified the flaw in this solution ! :o

Or if you're not a total cheapskate, you could probably get an official airport taxi for 2500 or haggle

That's about the same as the plane and twice as scarey!

Don't forget to add the extras to the air fare which brings the cost to 3700 per person, then you have to get from the airport to your destination, my experience has been there has not been a line of taxis meeting the flight - but I might have been unlucky.

I have to say I agree with bendix, if you are starting your holiday why not pick up a taxi and travel directly to your destination. I have never had a scary drive, but I accept there might be scary drivers, a direct drive to Hua Hin, with holiday luggage, is far better after a long flight. Putting the cost of a taxi into perspective, 2000/2500, per taxi not per person, isn't at all bad for the convenience.

Yes you can go downtown and get a minibus, now they are scary, or get a taxi to the Southern Bus Station then get a bus, but you are not going to save a fortune, and considerably increase your journey time. Oh, I nearly forgot, on the minibus you are packed in and will need to purchase another ticket for your luggage.

• 2 weeks later...

the minbusbus is pretty useless for tourists coming from abroad. they only allow you a tiny bag unless you pay for extras seats, you have to get a taxi to victory monument (a long ride at about 350 baht) then when you get to Hua Hin you have to get a taxi to your Hotel. The airport is south Bangkok and a taxi could get you to HH in about 2 1/1 hours. If you came via minbus via victory monument it could take 6 hours. A taxi at bt2500 is very good value especially if you were 2 or 3 travelling together.

Hello Kolasaab, I am from Hua Hin and I am a frequent flyier, you can take a taxi from the airport down to Victory monument.Beside the shopping mall (sorry I forgot the name of the mall I'll send the name again) theres a Van going to Hua Hin a very comfortable van..and It cost 140THB..leaves every hr..