Hows About This !

Simbo

:o Why is it that anytime I put a post up with a legitimate complaint, or just something I don't like. Someone comes up with,' if you don't like it eff off back where you came'. It seems odd to me that some members are terrified of people rocking the boat. Maybe they are insecure here. Perhaps they have been here so long, they have Thai syndrome, where they accept this as, " my lot" Buddha didn't want me to have more than the man next door, who lives in a 10 bedroom mansion, while I live in a corregated iron hut. How will this country ever get out of the third world if people don't speak out. I am here to stay. I bring new currency into this country every month, and spend it here. Maybe it's not my country, but my input is great. To those I refer, What is your problem? :D

In my opinion theres people who sound off every now and again about their pet hates of life in Thailand (or anywhere for that matter) as everyone does, and then theres those who moan constantly.

Those in the former group are merely showing their human side and 90% of the time have nothing but positive things to say about Thailand.

Those in the latter group of whom there are far too many in Thailand should have a good hard look at things and consider heading for home.

Those who usually say things like 'if you don't like it here <deleted> off' are usually the latter in denial.

:o Why is it that anytime I put a post up with a legitimate complaint, or just something I don't like. Someone comes up with,' if you don't like it eff off back where you came'.

Because it makes them all powerful and they know a lot of people will agree with them...just getting on the bandwagon imo.

Today, 2004-11-27 02:27:44 Post #1 

Why is it that anytime I put a post up with a legitimate complaint, or just something I don't like. Someone comes up with,' if you don't like it eff off back where you came'. It seems odd to me that some members are terrified of people rocking the boat. Maybe they are insecure here. Perhaps they have been here so long, they have Thai syndrome, where they accept this as, " my lot" Buddha didn't want me to have more than the man next door, who lives in a 10 bedroom mansion, while I live in a corregated iron hut. How will this country ever get out of the third world if people don't speak out. I am here to stay. I bring new currency into this country every month, and spend it here. Maybe it's not my country, but my input is great. To those I refer, What is your problem? 

Yes, your input is very important. There are those who get fed up with all the moaners, myself included. The occassional moan is ok, but when you are moaning constantly about Thailand not being the same as your origins, then perhaps it is time to go back.

Those who have been here a long time generally have accepted that they must accept many things they don't particularly agree with. The guys I know who have been here a long time, seem to have a serenity that newcomers seldom have.

Maybe it is a learning process. You, of course, have to change when moving to a new culture, alas some people I have met(especially the Pattaya guys), can't do this.

OP, this is one of my pet hates, being told to accept Thailand in its entirity or go home, it is also being told not to have an opinion.

I think the reasons some people are so prone to telling others to go home if the complain about things is their own insecurity and their own failings.

Having failed in one life back home they hope to find a new life in Thailand, to be told that Thailand is not the heaven they believe it to be, is to remind them that all is not right in the world.

I think its also about getting involved and not getting involved, improving things and not improvign things.

To be honest, I think there are more than a few expats in Thailand who are quite happy with Thailand's failings, not that they just accept things like corruption etc, they regard these as good things, and part of the reason they like Thailand. They can live in Thailand without responsibility and they do not like to be reminded that in the end people have to get involved.