Manila Hotels

ezzra

will be going to Manila soon for a few days and need a place to stay

under $50,

have trawled the TV archive and all the relevant info is dated,

need lees to say that the place should to be good value for money

and reasonably located in the center of the action

Thanks,

Would like to assist you, but need a lot more info before I can do so. Manila is a huge sprawling city with different areas obviously.

Are you there on business ? if so where will you require to be ? Have you been to MNL before ? and although not naive, kindly elaborate on your comment about centre of action.

Well, no, not on business but pleasure,, hopefully,

I'd like to stay around makati area or there about,

I'll only be staying for a few days,,

Thanks,

Would like to assist you, but need a lot more info before I can do so. Manila is a huge sprawling city with different areas obviously.

Are you there on business ? if so where will you require to be ? Have you been to MNL before ? and although not naive, kindly elaborate on your comment about centre of action.

Makati is the business centre of Manila and although having a good number of bars and restaurants they are rather upmarket, but I dont get the feeling that is the action you are craving. I would suggest you have a look at the website for the Swagman Hotel which is located in Ermita which is an action type of place - if you get my drift. Just google swagman manila and see for yourself. As the name suggests its an Australian owned establishment but more importantly, they arrange free airport pick up and drop offs. By taxi from their location to Makati is only about 20 mins

When you arrive in Manila, walk out the doors of the terminal.

Look off to your left (maybe 20 meters).

There is an office there where you can check out hotels. They have binders of brochures for hotels all over the city, in various price ranges. Once you have decided on one, they will call and make sure rooms are available and reserve one for you, and help arrange a taxi.

I did exactly that, and ended up at some place called the Executive Plaza Hotel. Fairly central, not too bad of a place. (Trying to find the card from the hotel and the price).

Can't find it. Any ways, it was in the <$50.00 range.

At that office you can tell them the range your looking for and they'll have a binder full of brochures for you to pick from.

Good luck !