Small Hp Tractor Implements

IsaanAussie

I have been doing some checking on small HP tractor implements for my 28HP Iseki and found some interesting stuff from Star in Japan. If anyone is looking for a small round baler, bale wrapper, drum mower, flail mower for silage, forage cutter attached is current local pricing.

Send me a PM if you would like the details.

Isaanaussie

post-56811-1222340246_thumb.jpg

Ok, 60 odd reads but no replies. What does that tell me? Too expensive? No needs?

I would suggest that if you are thinking of buying a baler then you check the Star models out. They are about 100,000 to 130,000 baht cheaper than the SIAM models I have looked at. With more harvesters around, a baler will be more important. No more piles of straw shot out of the truck mounted threshing machines.

Anyway, if anyone has alternatives I would appreciate your recommendations please....

Isaanaussie :o

I/A,

Is the forage cutter just a knife drive or would it be disc with a blower?

F/J

p/s same my rainfall post many new dryland farmers but nobody studies it.

FJ

See attached spec sheet, description of the cutting system and blower is pretty basic, sorry. Oh, can I have the link to your rainfall post, sounds interesting. Water "is" farming in my part of Isaan.

Star_Frail_Cutter_brochure.pdf

• 5 months later...

Yes - too expensive: that is the problem is that for most folk (ex-pats and Thais). Thai agriculture margins seldom justify purchasing any type of new imported equipment. Alternatives for a lot of those implements are made in Thailand a lot more cheaply, or are obtainable here, imported as used implements.

The bailer in question I have seen bailing at a demonstration a few years back. It was okay - but bale density was very variable. Personally I felt the bale size versus the cost didn't add up for the Thai market - but for the Japanese market, it certainly did make sense.

Bailers are high maintenance machines (after forage harvesters they are the 2nd highest maintenance implements I have ever used) - a capital outlay hard to justify for the Thai farmer, unless he is contracting, and the Star is certainly no machine for contracting.