Kasikorn To Halifax

I want to send regular small amounts of cash from my Kasikorn savings acc to my Halifax acc in the UK and was wondering what the true cost of doing so would be?

I've asked the halifax and they tell me it depends on the bank the money is coming from, I've also asked in kasikorn and they are equally as vague, why isn't it possible to get normal answers for this kind of thing??

Has anybody had recent experience of doing a transfer from K bank to the Halifax?

I'd love to hear from someone..

Thanks in advance!

I want to send regular small amounts of cash from my Kasikorn savings acc to my Halifax acc in the UK and was wondering what the true cost of doing so would be?

I've asked the halifax and they tell me it depends on the bank the money is coming from, I've also asked in kasikorn and they are equally as vague, why isn't it possible to get normal answers for this kind of thing??

Has anybody had recent experience of doing a transfer from K bank to the Halifax?

I'd love to hear from someone..

Thanks in advance!

How much?

How much?

Not a lot at all, I just sometimes have to pay for some things in the UK and would like some money in the Halifax to take care of it, I'm not keen on using Western Union although their % and charges may not be much different...

Maybe if i transferred just £100 to start with and kept it in my bank for the things I need to pay, what would that cost?

I know this is going to sound stupid but what if I sent cash, registered, to the UK? Is that jsut a silly suggestion?

Don't send cash in the post, it just increases the postman's wage every month :o

For such a small amount you'd do best using Western Union, the banks want several kilos of supporting evidence as to where your money came from.... and why you're transferring it out of Thailand.

geoffphuket

How much?

Not a lot at all, I just sometimes have to pay for some things in the UK and would like some money in the Halifax to take care of it, I'm not keen on using Western Union although their % and charges may not be much different...

Maybe if i transferred just £100 to start with and kept it in my bank for the things I need to pay, what would that cost?

I know this is going to sound stupid but what if I sent cash, registered, to the UK? Is that jsut a silly suggestion?

No - you would pay about 10% for every transaction - If I were you I would open a Bangkok Bank account - there are loads of posts on this - send an international debit/cash point card back - draw the cash out of the wall in the UK. Any other advice guys this is the best I can do.

No - you would pay about 10% for every transaction - If I were you I would open a Bangkok Bank account - there are loads of posts on this - send an international debit/cash point card back - draw the cash out of the wall in the UK. Any other advice guys this is the best I can do.

That sounds like a good idea, is it only possible with Bangkok Bank? Is that the only atm card that will work in the UK? And will it work in Spain too as that's where I'd be withdrawing it part of the time...