Pad Urges Supporters To Block Pm From Flying Back To Bangkok

chevykanteve

(The Nation newspaper, 27-September)

PAD urges supporters to block PM from flying back to Bangkok

The People's Alliance for Democracy Saturday called on its supporters in southern provinces to block four airports to prevent Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat from flying back to Bangkok........

Were this another country --ANY other country-- how would the (self-proclaimed) People's Alliance for ... "Democracy" be received by the relevant government authorities? I mean, "received" in response to initiating actions like blocking the Prime Miniister, President, or whatever, from landing and/or taking off from an airport? If this happened in China, America, Vietnam or Germany, what would happen in terms of toleration/response?

I think it would just not happen, or the protesters would be quickly arrested

I would tend to agree. It would either "just not happen" as you say, or --in a place like communist China or Vietnam-- nobody would know if it had happened inasmuch as there wouldn't be copious (or any) newspaper/radio covereage a la Thailand.

(The Nation newspaper, 27-September)

PAD urges supporters to block PM from flying back to Bangkok

The People's Alliance for Democracy Saturday called on its supporters in southern provinces to block four airports to prevent Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat from flying back to Bangkok.....

They didn't stop him him going home, they won't stop him getting back.

Pathetic bunch of losers driven by a loony.

Hëll hath no fury like a Sondhi scorned.