What's The Stupidest Thing You've Seen

taxidriver

No idea regarding Mormons & Mountain bikes in the US but the local Bangkok contingent are usually to be seen in pairs on mountain bikes making the streets safe for whatever.

Personally I would chip in to send these missionaries back home for good

hah, ya gotta get them at the source. Let's all chip in to send a buddhist mission to Utah :o

cv

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westerners do look stupid in Thai clothes. I don't care about any excuses. Its some kind of stupid way of trying to look like they are 'at one' with the locals.

Any bloke who acts like hes 16 when he's with his bird is also cringeworthy.

The husband of a friend of my wifewho proceeded to sit in the house the night before his wedding while his fiancee, her father and mother argued how they were going to split the dowry. The old man wanted to give the pick up to his mia noi, (can you believe that!).

He proceeded to to pay enormous dowry (several million), pick up truck, and pay off the parents mortgage, (wife couldn't speak a word of his native language), and tried to convince me that they would return to his home country and live happily ever after. I never got a chance to warn him of the pitfalls.

She lasted 6 months in his home country, convinced him to sell his business, return to Thailand and set up something new here. Now she has a boyfriend, he has a girlfriend, divorce is looming, all assets are here in her name.

No wonder the family hit the ceiling when I suggested that I should go for a beer with him before he got married. I have never seen a stupider idiot in my whole life.

Okay. I thought of one...

I had a friend who married a very trashy looking 18 year-old bar girl... Her mom worked the same bar. I was totally floored the first time I met her. I'm truly a very open minded guy mostly, but this girl had zero to offer outside of a well-worn pussy. Zero social skills or graces, either. My friend was quite a good looking guy with a great personality. He'd previously had some girlfriends who were not prostitutes, but he had some addiction to the sleaziest BG's around.

He and I worked an online job together, and his take-home pay was in the area of 200,000 a month. Yet he always found himself short at the end of the month, and needed to borrow money from me....His wife was a gambler and also addicted to yaa baa, which she bought from her mom....

After he got together with this girl, the first thing that happened was that she got pregnant... Then the mom moved in to take care of the kid during the day (at night, the mom and daughter still worked in the bar as prostitutes)

He often called me and cried about how terrible his wife and mom treated him, and he often responded by buying the wife some gold, or buying some land, or paying for a new motorcycle, figuring this would put him in their good graces. It never did, of course. He was their cash-cow, one who would also take the abuse..

He ended up losing his job, and with no other resources, he took his working-prostitute wife and kid back to the States to live off his rich family... I'm sure his mom was very pleased to have her son bring home a Thai prostitute with a kid- and there's no disguising her, i can assure you.

I cut communication with him because I wanted to beat some sense into him everytime I saw him, but I realised he wasn't going to listen, he just wanted someones shoulder to cry on and play the victim. Unfortunately this victim was a willing one.

And, in my book, a very very stupid guy.

Geesus.......what a sad tale.. !!

I once shared an apartment with a farang guy who was really into shagging prostitutes.......one time he was going away for a couple of weeks and I heard himleave early inthe morning........then I had to get up for work a couple of hours later. As you do.. when no-ones at home.....walk naked to the shower etc ......then I hear this click as I amstanding there shaving......nexty thing there is some naked girl in my face.......what the F^%K ?? He had broguth this girlback and left her there.......if Idid not see her I could have left for work and she would be there alone....free to rifle through everything and take whatever she wanted. I moved out after that . What an idiot he was.

Sitting at Heathrow airport departure lounge, in London, when the ground staff walk up to the guy sitting next to me and says "So no one told you that you needed a visa for Australia?"

600 pounds down the toilet. He went to Bangkok instead, (probably tried to buy a bar, he was that dim)...

and no, no sour grapes, but I can't think of one bar that makes good money, and I have been in a lot of them.

Well what is it? Maybe it's a huge footy-head in Pat Pong with a love-struck smile with his arm around a lady boy or a back packer arguing over 2 bt on Khao Sarn Rd etc...

You've all been here for a while, so what have you seen that makes you cringe and hang your head in shame or have just had to laugh at?

Sukhumvit "couples", showing (mostly one sided) affection while on the SkyTrain.

A farang taking his bar fine to the Cabbage & Condoms restaurant, or Marriott or LandMark hotel breakfast, believing she is feeling great there.

Or, to sum it up: a fully tatooed overweight farang doing both of the above.

:D About it, stupid farrang who thinks the prostitute he is with is something to be proud of. :o

Geesus.......what a sad tale.. !!

I once shared an apartment with a farang guy who was really into shagging prostitutes.......one time he was going away for a couple of weeks and I heard himleave early inthe morning........then I had to get up for work a couple of hours later. As you do.. when no-ones at home.....walk naked to the shower etc ......then I hear this click as I amstanding there shaving......nexty thing there is some naked girl in my face.......what the F^%K ??  He had broguth this girlback and left her there.......if Idid not see her I could have left for work and she would be there alone....free to rifle through everything and take whatever she wanted.  I moved out after that . What an idiot he was.

...so did you give her one, Ned? :o

Probably a story that's been told about a thousand times, but there's always the guy who's just got off the plane and found himself (unknowingly) a katoi in the first few hours.

The one experience I've had with this was a guy who was told to come to Thailand because his Dad told him to come here to find a good girlfriend!!!

When he eventually left the bar for a night of love-at-first-sight-passion, all the other girls came up to me and asked my why I didn't let on to him. Well, would you? :o

Some people just have to learn the hard (cheesy pun intended) way.

I had a friend who married a very trashy looking 18 year-old bar girl... Her mom worked the same bar. I was totally floored the first time I met her. I'm truly a very open minded guy mostly, but this girl had zero to offer outside of a well-worn pussy. Zero social skills or graces,

During the process of getting married, and doing all the paperwork my wife and I were sitting in the forgien affairs office watching these sad lonely guys filling out paperwork while their bargirl "wives" looked over their shoulders with that "Don't you dare screw this up for me" look. I had to feel a bit sorry for them because lets face it, we aren't all born smart, and by the looks of these guys, they weren't exactly studs by any measure. Add a dose of loneliness and the poor sucker is hooked, and by now no doubt heartbroken as new wifey runs off on him as soon as, or shortly after he brings her home.

I wouldn't call them stupid, just unfortunate.

cv

Saw a kraut  who thought he was living out a scence from easyrider hoon past the Asoke bars to impress the 'ladies' then hit the gutter and then go through a phonebooth (partially). Very pissed. Not very cool in the end. Harsh I know, but he was a TOSSER.

Seems that the Germans have a knack of getting in our eyes for one reason or another that makes them look stupid. Just having returned from pattaya for a couple of days relaxation I was constantly reminded of how stupid the folk from that region can be. Especially as most brits, aussies and yanks have a tendency to look and act as if they're cloned from each other. (99% brits: shaved head or crew cut, the odd tattoo or fifty, overweight and generally self absorbed in having a lot of beer and the odd lady friend).

I've never seen so many badly dressed, ridiculous moustaches and laughable haircuts as on the swiss, austrian german collection down there.

Which has prompted the thought............

do they have a german forum where they post like we do?

and

do they post about how bad the poms and aussies are? is there part of our personality that they get naffed off with??

I had a friend who married a very trashy looking 18 year-old bar girl... Her mom worked the same bar. I was totally floored the first time I met her. I'm truly a very open minded guy mostly, but this girl had zero to offer outside of a well-worn pussy. Zero social skills or graces,

During the process of getting married, and doing all the paperwork my wife and I were sitting in the forgien affairs office watching these sad lonely guys filling out paperwork while their bargirl "wives" looked over their shoulders with that "Don't you dare screw this up for me" look. I had to feel a bit sorry for them because lets face it, we aren't all born smart, and by the looks of these guys, they weren't exactly studs by any measure. Add a dose of loneliness and the poor sucker is hooked, and by now no doubt heartbroken as new wifey runs off on him as soon as, or shortly after he brings her home.

I wouldn't call them stupid, just unfortunate.

cv

Hey, I'm fat and ugly, too, but I still have some common sense. Maybe my dick isn't big enough to think with :o

In his case, I think it was stupidity, or, more maybe correctly (and empathetically), a deep-seated personal problem he allowed to run its course. This guy was far more handsome and charming than I've ever been. The perfect riaproy looking/acting farang in anyone's book. Bummer that he has a screw loose somewhere. My reasoning and his own self Reality Checks were not enough though. He knew exactly what he was doing, and I was always straight up and non-sugar coating (just like here!) when he asked me for advice.. Self-destructive, to say the least. But it's his life. I also feel sorry for his family.

I still like him, but I think he's nuts- and I've told him that, too.

I've never seen so many badly dressed, ridiculous moustaches and laughable haircuts as on the swiss, austrian german collection down there.

Which has prompted the thought............

do they post about how bad the poms and aussies are? is there part of our personality that they get naffed off with??

We generally avoid soapdodgers and vegimite munchers who sport crew cuts and the odd tatoo while getting senselssly pissed and mouthing off, otherwise we love poms and aussies, as for the yanks, hmmm, we avoid them altogether. :o:D

...so did you give her one, Ned? (jackr)

Nope......can u imagine what she looked like in the morning......all I can say is that the other guy must have drank a lot of beer. She was horrible......so i tossed her out the door with her clothes and told her to piss off !

I will say 1 thing, socks and sandals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I back to the German thing?????

OK, I'll plead guilty to that one, however with good reason. I had one of those nasty flesh-eating fungi on my foot that simply refused to go away as long as I wore shoes. So I had to wear sandals to allow air to get at it to help keep my foot dry, which are a no-no at work, so I compromised with socks and sandals. Dorky, true, and my girlfriend almost disowned me, but after a week, the fungus cleared up and I was back to wearing shoes again. Lesson learned: Don't step in puddles.

Stupidest thing I've ever seen/heard?

When I first got here, I was making a big effort to learn Thai. I'd carry my notebook around with me and jot down new words I'd learned. Once, when sitting at a bar, I was getting the bartender to help me spell the Thai words for "one more, please", and the prat next to me chimes in with the helpful advice, "Why don't you just get a Thai girlfriend?"

I can't stand those <deleted>! Their solution to every problem is "get a Thai girlfriend". Need to pay your cable bill? Need to get a police report for a lost mobile phone? Need to find an XL shirt at the mall? Need to learn how to crap into a Thai-style pot? Need to spoon food into your mouth? "Get a Thai girlfriend!" is their solution! Bleh!!

Drives me nuts when I hear that answer. What a bunch of useless, helpless gits these guys may be if they can't figure out how to do something as simple as getting the water company to electronically deduct payments from their bank account. Do these guys have their mommies do that kind of stuff at home?? UGH!

Come to think of it, that's probably a big reason why some people end up going home in a huff after "not hacking it" here in Thailand. How is anyone supposed to adjust to the local way of doing things if they have everything done for them and filtered to them through some "Thai-girlfriend-buffer".

Socks & Sandals - SPOT ON! :D

Don't forgett-shirt & swimming trunks (Speedos)

:D  :o  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Slightly off topic and certainly not having a go, but have you seen DJ Pat's thread on backpackers in the Farang Pub forum, Backpack??

.....Maybe as worn by RDN??!!.....

Absolutely never! In fact, haven't worn socks for over two years! :o Or shoes. Or long trousers :D

I did see one classically, sartorially challenged tourist in Karon, Phuket a few weeks ago. He was wearing a white shirt, khaki shorts, shiny black shoes and black socks. Wish I'd had my camera with me.

.....Maybe as worn by RDN??!!.....

I did see one classically, sartorially challenged tourist in Karon, Phuket a few weeks ago. He was wearing a white shirt, khaki shorts, shiny black shoes and black socks. Wish I'd had my camera with me.

That's exactly the thing that bugs me. They look like they've dressed themselves in the dark. :D

Something else I've noticed recently, guys wearing really long Bermuda shorts. Not sure if they've got a name, but the hemline comes down half way to a guys shins.

Can't help but think why the heck they don't wear either short shorts or long trousers. They look absolutely ridiculous. :o

Re the poster who is embarassed by Farang who wear native clothes.

I apologise for being one of these poor misguided Farang and am deeply sorry if I have ever embarassed you.

Have you ever stopped to consider why the locals wear certain attire? It could be that they are more comfortable in the climate. I often wear cool local clothing as it can make the hottest times more tolerable and I do not consider that I look any more stupid than the bulk of Farang who wear the typical T shirt and shorts!

you might be able to tolerate the heat better in local attire, but you will still look like a <deleted>

Slightly off topic and certainly not having a go, but have you seen DJ Pat's thread on backpackers in the Farang Pub forum, Backpack??

Just had a look through it, some amusing stuff on there! Thankfully AND sadly my backpacking days are behind me mostly now, just the odd trip around a few times a year.

The "Khao San" is certainly a rare breed though these days. I know the KSR is always busy-ish but nowhere near how it used to be. I personally think it's a good thing as this so called "most famous street in Asia" gives the totally wrong impression of the LOS.

Backpacking folks are more clued up these days. Aside from the few hippies and beatniks that still think it's cool to wear a sarong in public with their dreadlocks, the "travelling" crowd is finally catching on.

If me and my team can help them along the way, then great! If not then great!

It's not known as "Independent Travel" for no reason!

Always a good topic of conversation though your backpackers!

:o

Walking around with a glamorous ladyboy. i reckon he thinks its a chick. But then again maybe not. But if he doesnt know then thats ###### stupid.

Tell me something if you were going down on a lady boy, Would you not spot the difference? Just a thought. Surely it cant be the same?

LETTER TO HICKSVILLE

by Scot Lansdown

Dear Mom,

Arrived safely at Bangkok International. Twenty taxi drivers all tried to help me at once. Still have some of my luggage. Asked the cabby to take me to a nice hotel and we got there about two hours later. His meter was broken so we settled on 5,000 Baths (the local currency). I tried to tip him but he wouldn’t take it. What a lovely introduction to Asia!

I must say that the hotels are very customer focused. You can check in and stay for just an hour if you like. It seems like a nifty idea as many people I saw were using this handy service to grab a quick 40 winks.

Giving massages is surely the national pastime here because everybody offers you one everywhere you go. If I get all stiff and achy, I may just take one of them up on it.

I must closely resemble some popular guy called ‘Far Lung’ because they all keep pointing and calling me that name. Even when I tell them ‘I am not Far Lung.’ they laugh and say ‘You Far Lung’. No use fighting it I s’pose. There are motorcycle gangs on every street corner but they are very friendly and constantly wave at me. Maybe this Far Lung character is a famous bikey or something.

Strikes me that the womenfolk are a little confused. They go to the beach fully clothed but wear bikinis to nightclubs. In fact some appear to forget to wear anything at all. On several occasions I shouted at them to put some clothes on but people always tell me to shut up. Must be a cultural thing just like when I buy an ice cream and it has beans and corn in it.

My guide has a most unfortunate name. He’s called Pong. Bad luck seems to follow him as he has two wives, one called Poo and the other called Bum. To top it all off they live in Bang Lamb Poo. I shouldn’t be surprised though as by far the most common names in Thailand are Nong and Pee. They’re very hard on themselves.

Females are obsessed with automobiles for they are incessantly saying ‘Car’ while the men are obviously annoyed by everything in life and simply say ‘Krap’ all the time.

The Thai language is real battle field. It all came to a head one night when I wanted to try some of their spicy food. I checked my pocket dictionary for the translation of the word ‘chili’ but was put off dang quick. I’ll be blowed if I’m going to sit in public restaurant and say ‘I’d like something with plenty of ‘prik’ in it please.’ Or order a Cow Pat.

All my love, Leroy.

:o:D:D:D:D:D:D