Wanted Dead Or Alive: Mexican Pepper Seeds

JR Texas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello JRTexas, did you have any luck getting seed to grow? I had other seed that was not what you were asking for, but I like the NuMex chilies for the Mexican 'P', suit me just fine. Remember that CA, NV, AZ, NM and TX were part of Mexico at one time, so what is really Mexican pepper, do you have to have the flag too?

Slow to get things going here, but the plants are growing.

As for PoorSuckers advice buying seed from the UK, price is to high. For the J and P, 4,000 seed(1oz) for U$7.00, the H's are U$18-20.00 an oz. Your other are used not as much for day to day cooking, you can get 100 seed for U$4.00. Another good one is the Pasilla, U$13.00 an oz.

The first picture is the MEX holy trinity of peppers.

The others are my 'A&E' efforts to date. The 'E' is ready to transplant, this stuff will be served in a BKK eating joint in the near future.

rice555

post-37242-1228396047_thumb.jpg

post-37242-1228396197_thumb.jpg

post-37242-1228396481_thumb.jpg

post-37242-1228396750_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I picked up a bag of fresh jalapenos today for 20 baht at Tesco. I've seen serranos at Tops. But what I would give for some poblanos. Those look awesome. I think I'll try to grow some.

Never seen fresh jalapenos in Thailand..........are you sure? Tesco? Grown locally? Imported?

I picked up a bag of fresh jalapenos today for 20 baht at Tesco. I've seen serranos at Tops. But what I would give for some poblanos. Those look awesome. I think I'll try to grow some.

Never seen fresh jalapenos in Thailand..........are you sure? Tesco? Grown locally? Imported?

The Makro in Udon Thani usually has Jalepenos in 1 kg bags....Locally grown and very good...They call them Mexican peppers..

Stoneman

Hello JRTaxas, I've been buying Jal's at The Villa by The Emporium for years, not cheap$$, but do love serranos.

If you ever get your Texas friends to send you some seed, try Jalor, a yellow Jal that was breed in Texas. It's O-P(not a hybird), goes from green-yellow-red but is ripe at the yellow stage. A little hotter than the "early" and the "M" O-P's, heat and more disease resistance. They did grow well in Korat, your area also?

If you get a chance and didn't go to the hydro nute thread, have a look at a work in progress. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Hydroponic-N...75&start=75

The same thing's are growing on the roof of a Mexican eating joint in Pattaya, he also grows some other types, he grows using hydroponics like me too. Has 4 places in Japan, or did as oof my last talks with him in May 08.

rice555

Vila Markets has both, fresh imported and local jalapenos for sale, local one sale for as little as

20+ baht,

• 4 months later...

I am a grower of Mexican peppers in Chiang Rai and Kunming China. You have to order F1 hybrid seeds (expensive) from the USA if you expect any yield. If you think I can help you call me at 081 894 6401

Don

Hello chow nas and chow rais.............I really would like to try to grow Mexican peppers in Thailand. If you can help me get the seeds for the peppers listed below, I would appreciate it....thanks:

JALAPENOS

POBLANOS

CHILACA

MANZANO

HABANERO

Ebay. You have any number of vendors there......

Found some at Makro in Samui yesterday.

65 baht/kilo