The Rainman Is Here

sua yai

Having been here a number of years, it never ceases to amaze me that when there's a drought in Issan etc, they go up in helicopters and explode something to make it rain.

Again, this morning, I've heard it has worked.

Has anyone got a scientific explanation?

It is called cloud seeding, A bactirium that occurs naturally on strawberrys is grown and this bacteruim causes the clouds to drop their load even if they are not ready to. This is how it occurs in nature too but scientific research has got it down to reproduce this bacteria in enough quantities to be used in commercial cloud seeding. As a little aside on the same subject there was some controversy a year or so back when a couple of companys were developing ways to prolong strawberry life, they employed GM and irradiation methods, both of which wiped out this bacteria, they happily ploughed on until someone pointed out that if they succeded in having the worlds commertial strawberry growers adopt their methods we ran the risk of having permanent cloud cover globally with no precipitation and thus causing a nuclear winter effect

There is another method using silver iodide which if you say they use an explosive is probably what they are doing, silver iodide has a similar chrystaline structure to ice so when it freezez in a big cloud it drags water down with it

cloud seeding

this link will explain all

Thanks for the info.

Are you serious? Because if you are, I'll never doubt the misus again!

Fully serious. Check the link you will see. The bactium is how rainfall occurs naturally it builds up to a level that causes the water to condence around it, same thing happens with dust and other small particals but this bacteria is particulally good at causing rainfall. Silver iodide is cheaper tho

Thanks for the info.

Are you serious? Because if you are, I'll never doubt the misus again!

Fully serious. Check the link you will see. The bactium is how rainfall occurs naturally it builds up to a level that causes the water to condence around it, same thing happens with dust and other small particals but this bacteria is particulally good at causing rainfall. Silver iodide is cheaper tho

Doesn't mention this bacterium, just that any small particle will initiate condensation.