Guarantee On Thai Bank Deposits?

I figure this is something that many with large deposits for visas and living expenses are thinking about at the moment.

Does anyone out there know what the situation would be if the Bangkok Bank got hit by a run on their bank? Would they simply close their doors till things mellowed out or clarified or would depositors lose the lot?

I figure this is something that many with large deposits for visas and living expenses are thinking about at the moment.

Does anyone out there know what the situation would be if the Bangkok Bank got hit by a run on their bank? Would they simply close their doors till things mellowed out or clarified or would depositors lose the lot?

If you are a Thai national, you get all your money all back, if you are a farang you loose the lot... :o

There is now a guaranty that even foreign nationals can be more safe in case if a bank should collapse but there is a limit and i am not for sure at the moment so ask your bank for the rules.

I am sure there are many expats that have some of their savings in a Thai bank and its best to not have all in same bank.

Regards