Harbour Mall - Lamchabang

Cuban

I know this complex well as it's been a short cut on my home for a long time and also the source of the odd pizza and formally KFC, but I guess there will not be too many others that know the area prefering to stay closer to Pattaya. So this thread will be of limited appeal, but I saw yeaterday that Tukcom is carrying posters (in the stairwell) advertising the place. I wondered if they really expect shoppers to venture that far from Pattaya for a little fast food and a visit to another Tesco store, my thought was that the building is owned by the same group?

Pity that 2/3 market areas will be hit by the new Tesco store - but if the complex is filled (it is quite big) there might even be a movie theatre to go to :o

Just before the KFC shut down (to allow construction work) I used the complex's rest rooms in the basement - they were at best post apocalyptic, the most bizarre thing was I passed an open shop selling clothes - in an otherwise totally empty and abandoned concourse. Ghost town.

my guess is that it is hoped that it can service the cruise ships. There seems to be an increasing number of people who disembark at Laem Chabang but have nowhere to go...so it might end up trying to be a lot more up-market than the demographics of Laem Chabang itself would suggest.

i would imagine that a lot a japanese from sri racha will use it ,but cannot see many of us from Pattaya going there,i used to pop in before they built the flyover ,there was never many shops then ,grabbed the odd pizza (why dont they put tomato paste on them in the far east? :o )

It used to be a thriving shopping mall, similar to Mikes but half price, before the economic crash of the late 90's.

I used to work in the area and go there for lunch and it would always be busy.

I don't know what happened to hasten its demise as it was a very Thai oriented place.

• 3 years later...