Saint Joseph Schools

Hi All,

I have an 11 yo daughter and I'm trying to get info on enrolling her at Saint Josephs Nakhon Sawan next year. I'm assuming all of the Saint Joseph schools are the same, at least here in Thailand. getting information is prooving to be difficult. I think this is due to the language difficulties. Can anyone give me a contact with someone who can help me?.

I've actually visited the school but this was pretty well non informative.

Regards Joe

I would not assume that all St. Joseph's schools in Thailand are the same. Even if they are all owned or centrally controlled by something like the Roman Catholic church of Thailand or one of its orders, they may differ in quality from campus to campus. Not all Sarasas schools are created equal, either.

What PB said.

I worked at St J's years ago in Petchabun.

I believe they had a lot of students that were from poor families. I remember hearing that the school helped many of the families with school fees.

I can't believe you couldn't get info from the school. If you are really considering that school, I'd suggest going again and trying to get your questions answered.

Hi All,

I anwsered this letter yesterday but must have pressed the wrong button cause it didn't register.

One of the main questions I need anwsered is -- the entrance exam, is it that they need to have hi qualifications or is it that they need to know where to place the child.

Excuss my ignorance but what is a Sarasas School.

I have heard good reports about this particular school. They have dormatories so she would stay there and come home at weekends.

It would put her into a learning environment. Her learing ability seems to be low. I worry about what she will do once I die, we live in a small village and it worries me to think she won't have the education to enable her to get out of this place and ending up with one of the young guys around here with their need for an extended childhood.

Regards Joe

Just a question but how far from you is the school. i work for a Joseph school( not your one) but i have experience of the boarders some are very happy some are very,very unhappy and it shows in the schooling.

ask yourself this would you like to be away from your family, i wouldn't

but every one is different as long as you give her love. my school is a 'rich' school so a lot of my kids don't even see the parents except maybe 3-4 hrs a week.

Allan

Allan,

A very good question. I've thought about this over the past couple of years. If enrolled in this school she would sleep there and come home at weekends. I don't want her to go away and its a problem for me but I want her to have a good education and perhaps I need to look beyond my personal feelings to make sure she has this. The fact is she is my best friend as well as being my daughter. I joined the navy at 15 yo and I remember that first night, about 40 of us in that dormatory and I think every kid in that room was crying that night.

My step daughter used the local schools and is now doing uni in BKK doing OK ,so perhaps I should do the same with my daughter and hope for the best.

Thanks Allan

Regards Joe