Hua Hin Sunsets

The Vulcan

Title says it all really.

Were is the best place to see the sunset around this vicinity?

That's a good question. There are some spectacular ones but to get the full effect I think you would have to find a place on the ridge or on the other side of the mountains (hills?) that border Hua Hin on the West.... something like Hin Lek Fai but in the opposite direction. I don't know of a place like that but maybe some other members do.

The Wats like Wat Putachao and Wat Khao Yai have some mountain top land that may have pathways to good viewing areas that the monks use. It's been my experience elsewhere that you are always welcome at these places (they appreciate a small donation).

Also, one of the best city and ocean viewpoints in town is the observation deck around the restaurant at the top of the Hilton. I've made some of my best Hua Hin scenic photos from up there but I've never been up there at sunset.

Let us know if you find a good place.

Vulcan I used to like to go to the view point just out of town. Hin lak fie or something, its been a while. If you go across the railway lines and where the road bends right to go to the driving range, go straght ahead. It winds up the hill past a Wat to a view point. You get a good view overall of HH but during the day it tends to get a little hazy. Early morning or early evenng are best. Theres a small cafe, a small zoo of sorts and lots of plaques for various reasons. If you are into photography its a blinder. Hope this helped

:o

Vulcan I used to like to go to the view point just out of town. Hin lak fie or something, its been a while. If you go across the railway lines and where the road bends right to go to the driving range, go straght ahead. It winds up the hill past a Wat to a view point. You get a good view overall of HH but during the day it tends to get a little hazy. Early morning or early evenng are best. Theres a small cafe, a small zoo of sorts and lots of plaques for various reasons. If you are into photography its a blinder. Hope this helped

:o

Yes it's the photography angle that I'm after

Thank you

Also, one of the best city and ocean viewpoints in town is the observation deck around the restaurant at the top of the Hilton. I've made some of my best Hua Hin scenic photos from up there but I've never been up there at sunset.

Don't forget in Hua Hin the sun rises over the sea in the East and sets inland over the mountains in the West