Which Bank Or Finance Company Best For Farang Loans?

Ok a question for you all.

Which bank or loan company in Thailand is good for a Farang, the easiest to deal with while still giving you service and a decent interest rate.

I have work permit and letters from my landlord and company, also over 2 years of Thai banking details.

all answer's would be appreciated it is to finance a new motorcyle total loan 160,000baht

Thanks

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

Ok a question for you all.

Which bank or loan company in Thailand is good for a Farang, the easiest to deal with while still giving you service and a decent interest rate.

I have work permit and letters from my landlord and company, also over 2 years of Thai banking details.

all answer's would be appreciated it is to finance a new motorcyle total loan 160,000baht

Thanks

Allan

Try SCB...but chances are you will require a Thai signatory to co-sign the loan for you and you will need a decent deposit as well...possibly 20-30%. With the banks if you have no credit history in Thailand, chances may be slim of even getting it approved.

You might be better getting the company to buy the bike for you and pay them back...suspect it will be less hassle

Depending on your salary you may want to look at the credit card route? You seem to have the banking history and work permit requirements that most companies look for, so if you meet the salary requirements too you shouldn't have a problem. From personal experience try American Express.

I'm not saying this is the cheapest option but it's one you might want to consider.

Depending on your salary you may want to look at the credit card route? You seem to have the banking history and work permit requirements that most companies look for, so if you meet the salary requirements too you shouldn't have a problem. From personal experience try American Express.

I'm not saying this is the cheapest option but it's one you might want to consider.

Didnt think AMEX card was a credit card, it was a charge card ?...ie you have to pay the full balance off at the end of the month

ok thanks for the answers. siam commercial bank yes i thought very pro farang...NOT they like to take your monthly income for over 2 years but when you want something back farang mai dee.

a farang can not get a personal loan. finance a car ok with 35% deposit and Thai signatory. but bike no way. even joint account no way <deleted>...

Credit card for farang needs 100,000 baht a month salary paid into account. <deleted> my girlfriend earns 26k and she's got 3 credit cards. but i know farang mai dee.

rant over :o

Not true about the 100,000 salary requirement for every credit card - unless things have changed in the last few months. I recall (when I first started looking at credit cards here) that some require just a 40,000 baht per month salary as a non-Thai - and that's in keeping with the requirements for obtaining a work permit so most should be able to meet that threshold. The Tesco credit card sticks in my mind as one with a pretty low salary requirement.

Yes - it is more difficult for a non-Thai to get a credit card but it's certainly not impossible if you have a reasonable salary, work permit and at least 1 years worth of banking and work history in Thailand.

ok Andy to be fair Bank of Ayyuttha was only 50thou for a credit card. will have to take a look at the tesco one. being a poor teacher i might have to to get letters from both my employers to get to the 50 unless the main one tells a porky pie for me.

100thou for farang credit card was scb bank.

but yes your right 40tho is the cut off for immigration but hel_l this is Thailand. i think my school has us listed at 25thou so every one inc the school pay less tax...we are on more ..some more than others because of time served. :o