Thaksin And Pojaman Apply For Asylum In England

george

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh dear here we go again. England = Britain = UK. England = England.

Sad that English people are the only nationality in the world who do not know their own country's name or borders.

Off-topic, but what is the name of the island? Britain? Great Britain? If the latter, is there a non-great Britain, too?

There is more than 1 island in Great Britain.

There used to be a lesser Britain too - the northern part of France known as Brittany (or if you're French, Bretagne). We gave it back to the French when we got bored with it.

There is a Far From Great Britain a few thousand miles to the west that was first colonised by the Welsh - but we left shortly after a hotch potch of other non-idigenous started pouring tea into the sea. It's still there and still as fuc_ked up. I hear they've progressed to piping tea and coffee up their <deleted> now.

Sad that English people are the only nationality in the world who do not know their own country's name or borders.

Off-topic, but what is the name of the island? Britain? Great Britain? If the latter, is there a non-great Britain, too?

This can be very complicated to explain to people that are not from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. But here goes.

The Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom are the only two sovereign states. Ireland and Great Britain are both islands. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are constituent countries of the United Kingdom.

You have the basic idea. There are many other islands in the British Isles. Most of these are politically part of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, with the exceptions of the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, which are British crown dependencies and not part of the UK (or ROI) at all.

Complications

The UK's full name is "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". Citizens of the UK are called "British". One British person is called a Briton.

The ROI's full name is "The Republic of Ireland" (if you are speaking English) or "Éire" (if you are speaking Irish). Citizens of the ROI are called "Irish".

Irish citizens are not British citizens. British citizens are not Irish citizens. God help you if you forget this when you encounter an Irishman.

Ethnically:

People from England are called English.

People from Scotland are called Scottish.

People from Wales are called Welsh.

People from Northern Ireland are called Northern Irish.

People from Ireland are called Irish.

There is no such thing as English, Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish citizenship. English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish people almost always hold British citizenships. Of course, anybody, living anywhere in the British Isles, can have any ethnicity, and hold any citizenship.

Many people living in Northern Ireland (which is part of the UK) are Irish citizens. Some British citizens living in Northern Ireland (which is part of the UK) classify themselves as Irish-ethnic. Some people living in Northern Ireland would even like Northern Ireland itself classified as Irish i.e. made part of the ROI instead of the UK. This is a contentious point.

The ROI is not British. However, the "British Isles" include both the UK and ROI. Irish citizens and Irish-ethnic people hate this, but there is no consensus on what to call it instead.

So where is Taksin appyling for Asylum. LOL

Cheers, Rick

I want the home office to give them passports and hope they pump some of that 200+million into the UK economy.

Absolutely no way.....they must come back to Thailand where the 200+ million should be shared amongst all those who have never voted for Taksin or TRK or PPP parties. Those that voted in favour of Taksin or TRK or PPP parties don't deserve one satang of it.

Well folks....... we all know that this land used to be LOS

Then came the Joker and his clowns

Tried to crown himself above all the rest

Tumbled down and broke his wings

Went to London to visit the Queen

Citizens......rise up and save the Queen

The Joker has arrived with all his rats behind him and a whole army of skunks waiting in reserve

To buy and sell the old empire

Hmmmnnnnn.....it's better to stay back in the Land of the Joker (LOJ)

Where at least we can still enjoy a bowl of street noodles

Oblivious to the fact that London will soon be a property of Singapore

Thanks to the Joker who once played poker and won a bank

Rushed back to China to claim his Chinese roots

While claiming the LOS as his own company

And declaring no BIRD FLU for the sake of his chinese triad connections in Chinatown

Having fooled the illiterate masses he now employs

Shot and killed thousands to control the illicit drugs business to himself

Oh mighty Brits....beware of the Joker.

No way is he coming back.

I also want to come see the passport burnings at the Embassy. How is this being received in the UK? Is it even in the papers? Are there threats of mass passport burning demonstrations in England, Great Britain, or whatever? I am not a patriot of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, but I feel you.

Interesting that he did this step AFTER the Arrest of Chamlong Srimuang!

Any Connections here?

Is Khun Chamlong also welcome to apply for a UK passport? I could be a handy "get out of jail" pass. :D:D:D

The former was smarter he left BEFORE anyone could get that idea!

However, as many may NOT have realized that the 9 core leaders of the PAD, filed appeal against the arrest warrants and the "treason" claim!

The court will hand down it's verdict on the appeal TODAY in the afternoon sometime! :o

Bulls**t.....I'm British and know it. I was born in England of a half English, half Scottish father and a half English, half Irish mother.

My passport is issued by "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" commonly known as "The UK" and inside it says Nationality: British Citizen.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain consists of a Union between England, Scotland and Wales plus some outlying islands making up the geographical area "British Isles", "Britain" or "Great Britain".

You are always British first, English, Scottish or Welsh etc. second.....

But why we don't have a national British football team beats me and sadly here in Thailand most Thais only seem to know names of countries football teams hence the use of "I'm English" or "I'm Scottish" and never "I'm British". And if I'm getting my history timeline correct "The English" aka Angrit came to Thailand before the forming of the United Kingdom.

Check in Wikipedia or Encyclopedia Brittanica....I think it's Great Britain for the mainland and British Isles for the mainland plus some outlying islands. It's complicated and 40 years since I studied geography......

This can be very complicated to explain to people that are not from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. But here goes.

The Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom are the only two sovereign states. Ireland and Great Britain are both islands. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are constituent countries of the United Kingdom.

You have the basic idea. There are many other islands in the British Isles. Most of these are politically part of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, with the exceptions of the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, which are British crown dependencies and not part of the UK (or ROI) at all.

Complications

The UK's full name is "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". Citizens of the UK are called "British". One British person is called a Briton.

The ROI's full name is "The Republic of Ireland" (if you are speaking English) or "Éire" (if you are speaking Irish). Citizens of the ROI are called "Irish".

Irish citizens are not British citizens. British citizens are not Irish citizens. God help you if you forget this when you encounter an Irishman.

Ethnically:

People from England are called English.

People from Scotland are called Scottish.

People from Wales are called Welsh.

People from Northern Ireland are called Northern Irish.

People from Ireland are called Irish.

There is no such thing as English, Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish citizenship. English, Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish people almost always hold British citizenships. Of course, anybody, living anywhere in the British Isles, can have any ethnicity, and hold any citizenship.

Many people living in Northern Ireland (which is part of the UK) are Irish citizens. Some British citizens living in Northern Ireland (which is part of the UK) classify themselves as Irish-ethnic. Some people living in Northern Ireland would even like Northern Ireland itself classified as Irish i.e. made part of the ROI instead of the UK. This is a contentious point.

The ROI is not British. However, the "British Isles" include both the UK and ROI. Irish citizens and Irish-ethnic people hate this, but there is no consensus on what to call it instead.

So where is Taksin appyling for Asylum. LOL

Cheers, Rick

The "Republic of Ireland" has nothing to do with the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Island" politically or geographically. And unless Taksin is fond of Guiness and potatoes I doubt they'd take him.

Interesting that he did this step AFTER the Arrest of Chamlong Srimuang!

Any Connections here?

Wonder if the coincidence isn't with the appointment of Peter Mandleson, to the Brown government. He was the chap who was "alledgedly" involved in fast tracking citizenship for the Hinduja brothers after they "donated" 1 million pounds to Mandleson's millenium dome project

:DWhen the UK government gives Thaksin his political asylum, Gordon Brown should offer him a post in the government he should fit in well with the re-appointed Peter Mandleson.

Maybe that is exactly why he was advised to apply for political Asylum, they need a clever man to line their pockets!?

Or will he be the first President of the UK? :o

[...]

Cheers, Rick

Very good reply, Rick. For a more in-depth look at the terminology of the British Isles look here.

your third paragraph is totally inaccurate. the act of union was between england and wales only. scotland and northern ireland are countries within the uk.

the original post got it spot on.

Bulls**t.....I'm British and know it. I was born in England of a half English, half Scottish father and a half English, half Irish mother.

My passport is issued by "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" commonly known as "The UK" and inside it says Nationality: British Citizen.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain consists of a Union between England, Scotland and Wales plus some outlying islands making up the geographical area "British Isles", "Britain" or "Great Britain".

You are always British first, English, Scottish or Welsh etc. second.....

But why we don't have a national British football team beats me and sadly here in Thailand most Thais only seem to know names of countries football teams hence the use of "I'm English" or "I'm Scottish" and never "I'm British". And if I'm getting my history timeline correct "The English" aka Angrit came to Thailand before the forming of the United Kingdom.

This appears to be the best SIMPLIFIED definition I could find from UNHCR for a reason to consider political asylum.

"Unjustly exiled from their home country, refugees are persons forced to migrate to a new country for security and protection. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (the UN refugee agency) legally defines refugees as “people who are outside their countries because of a well-founded fear of persecution based on their race, religion, nationality, political opinion or social group.”"

UK Immigration also say:

"While many come to UK in the hope of finding sanctuary, others realise only after arrival that circumstances in their country have changed and that it would not be safe for them or their families to return."

:oWhen the UK government gives Thaksin his political asylum, Gordon Brown should offer him a post in the government he should fit in well with the re-appointed Peter Mandleson.

You're too late - don't you even read this forum?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Gordon-Brown...le-t215836.html

Edited by phaethon

I'm not a Brit' but it will be a sad day if they grant toxin and pokeman asylum - pokeman is now a convicted criminal who skipped bail on the assurance she would return to LOS and the other half is just waiting to be convicted.

Will this set a precident that any criminal can now apply to enter the UK.

He gets UK (or any other country) asylum and he will always be the PAD and elitists boogie man in the dark.

Bring him here, try him, jail him and he will STILL be the PAD and elitists boogie man in the dark, just a lot nearer home and more dangerous.

Taksin wins, PAD and the elitists loses either way. Times are changing, Pandora's Box has been opened, the cat is out of the bag, you can't put back the clock....

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind.

But passport burning? <deleted> is that all about? You claim to be British but you despise your citizenship and birthright so much just to make some futile statement about a rich criminal in a third world country that doesn't even accept you as an equal? Why aren't you camping out at Government House already? Oh... I see, it's hot, you don't like spicy food, can't speak the language and never did like crowds of foreigners anyway.

After all these years too.

It was a lot more interesting when girls burnt bras to protest.

Yes, as long as they were slim, attractive, and 36C or below. But those ladies never did.........sigh

Realise off thread....... Pom sia jai (sic)