Be Warned! Cm Immigration Are Enforcing Old Rules Again!

p1p

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there today. The TM30 process has been done (without tabienban copy) in 1 mn on the left side of CNX office (where we did the 90 days registration before). I got the receipt, to be kept on me. ... 90 days registration was done on the right side as usual with passport copies, in less than 2 mn.

Quick service.

It seems that a few people perhaps have the wrong expectation re the 'resurrected' TM 30 process, expecting to be told by Immigration officers that they need to register. This isn't how the system works here though. There is a rule, posted in various places around the immigration office (and elsewhere?) for many years, and we and our "housemasters" are expected to know about it and initiate the process ourselves. The officers will not mind if we neglect to do this and will merely enforce the rules/fine/punishment if/when they discover that we have not done this.

A few years ago my (Thai) mother-in-law received a fine for not paying a land-related tax she had never heard of before. When she enquired at the land office, claiming ignorance, they told her it was a new rule and admitted that it had not been advertised and everyone was just expected to find out about it. She had to pay the fine.

Easy process; why not just ask about it (taking required docs) next time you're at immigration - no special trip needed.

CMMCB