Obtaining A Non-o-visa In Pattaya

Do anybody have experience with obtaining af non-o-visa through a seemingly respectable Law office in pattaya.

My wife and I have entered Thailand on a 30 day tourist visa but want to obtain the non-o-visa and thereafter a one year retirement visa. We went to a Law office for advice and they told us they can provide these visa's in 7 days without us leaving Thailand, we have already arranged the 800.000bath guarantee letter but of course I worry if this is going to work.... :o

It is possible, and doesn't require any law office as you can easily do it yourself. But you need to have at least 21 days remaning on your permitted to stay stamp.

Edit.

Let me correct that. You won't have the money in a Thai bank 3 months prior to applying, so it is probably not totaly legal and you won't be able to do it yourself. But from other post I understand they can deliver.

Edited by Mario2008

Marrio2008 is correct. You can do it yourself in less than a day. If you don't have the 21 days it will require a trip to Cambodia. Lots of companies are offering this service. Leave in the morning and back in the afternoon.

I don't understand the 7 days the lawyer quoted unless he's doing something shady.

Thai immigration website has info on a visa change. Just click change visa and then retirement.

Link: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=service#

For your wifes change of visa you will require proof of marriage and copies of passport, photos and such that are required for retiremnet change.

Edit: For a change of visa status the money needs to be in bank but not for 3 months. You will get a ninty day extension and then go back and finish the paperwork for the one year extension.

Edited by ubonjoe

it takes 7 days to change visa types

They could get you the non-O which would give you 90 days, your money would have been in the proper place before that 90 days ends and you should be able to get the extension of stay based upon retirement from there, as timing could be tricky the reputable law firm seems like a smart answer, but you CAN do this on your own.

Thank's for your replies, what especially worries me is that the Attorney says he can get the non-o-visa without me leaving Thailand, I have only 14 days left on the tourist visa. Can he do it's OK, but I don't no if I could end up with some kind of fake Visa that will give

problems later. But Mario it seems you have read about this kind og arrangement before. Should say I have been working in China for several years and for sure here you can also bend the rules if you know the right persons, guess Thailand is likewise.

The Attorney probably has a contact at Immigration. If you are given two immigration forms numbered 86 and 87 to fill out or sign then he is going the route of a visa change of status. You do the paper work and they issue you a non-o visa good for 90 days which gives time for the money to be in the bank for 3 months you then go back and extend that visa for a year.

Well it gets better(worse), attorney say no need to wait 3 month, just get the guarantee letter from bank and he will also arrange retirement visa asap. Some heavy Immigration contact.

Well it gets better(worse), attorney say no need to wait 3 month, just get the guarantee letter from bank and he will also arrange retirement visa asap. Some heavy Immigration contact.

The money has to be in the bank for 3 months so something shady is going on. Possibly a few brown envelopes changing hands. :o

The old story is ... ' How do you tell when an Attorney is lying ? Watch his mouth ... if it is moving ... he's lying '.

The money has to be in the bank for 3 months so something shady is going on. Possibly a few brown envelopes changing hands. :o

Suggest you go to immigration link given and read what its says under visa change and retirement. Money does not have to be in bank for 3 months before starting this process.

Contact at immigration would be required to get around 21 day rule.

Edited by ubonjoe

Suggest you go to immigration link given and read what its says under visa change and retirement. Money does not have to be in bank for 3 months before starting this process.

Contact at immigration would be required to get around 21 day rule.

To change your stay to a single Non O Visa does not require the 800,000 to be in the bank for 3 months.

My understanding is to apply for an annual extension of that Non O Visa requires the 800,000 to be in a Thai Bank for a period of 3 months prior to application.

(1) The alien has obtained a

temporary visa (NON-IM); and

(2) The applicant is 50 years of age

or over; and

(3) Proof of income of not less than

Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) Account deposit with a bank in

Thailand of not less than Baht

800,000 as shown in bank

account transactions for the

past 3 months;

Edited by Lite Beer

KWP.

For peace of mind and probably a large cash saving, why don't you just do a Visa Run and then pop down to Immigration and do it yourself. It is easy and most Immigration Offices will help you sort it all out.

At least you will sleep at night.

DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF THE APPLICATION FOR VISA OR VISA STATUS ALTERATION (NON-O): FOR RETIREMENT PURPOSES.

In case of overstaying in Thailand, application could not be submitted.

Application for Visa Status Alteration. (TM.86)

Application for visa. (TM.87) They issue a non-o visa which is then extended after money is in bank 3 months.

Copy of passport entries.

4 X 6 cm. Photograph.

Application fee of 2,000 baht.

• A guarantee letter from bank in Thailand showing that the applicant has an account of not less than 800,000 baht, and

• Copy all pages of bank passbook and

• A document proving foreign remittance(SWIFT) Or

A guarantee-letter from The Embassy or Consulate, proving the monthly pension or income of the applicant not less than 65,000 baht per month. Or

The total amount of money from the pension and bank account as

stated above not less than 800,000 baht.

DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF THE APPLICATION FOR VISA OR VISA STATUS ALTERATION (NON-O): FOR RETIREMENT PURPOSES.

In case of overstaying in Thailand, application could not be submitted.

Application for Visa Status Alteration. (TM.86)

Application for visa. (TM.87) They issue a non-o visa which is then extended after money is in bank 3 months.

Copy of passport entries.

4 X 6 cm. Photograph.

Application fee of 2,000 baht.

• A guarantee letter from bank in Thailand showing that the applicant has an account of not less than 800,000 baht, and

• Copy all pages of bank passbook and

• A document proving foreign remittance(SWIFT) Or

A guarantee-letter from The Embassy or Consulate, proving the monthly pension or income of the applicant not less than 65,000 baht per month. Or

The total amount of money from the pension and bank account as

stated above not less than 800,000 baht.

Quite agree.

But once you get the Non O Visa you need to apply for the annual extension of stay under Police Order 606/2549. 7.21.

Agree

'You do the paper work and they issue you a non-o visa good for 90 days which gives time for the money to be in the bank for 3 months you then go back and extend that visa for a year."

Quoting myself in earlier post.

Edited by ubonjoe

My Million Baht has been in a Thai bank since I renewed my 12 months retirement visa. My three month period starts again next month to renew for another year. The Thai bank allows me to have accounts in Euro or major currencys. The Baht is getting strong and maybe a good time to buy Euro. I wonder if they will accept a 800,000 Baht deposit in a thai bank in an equivelant foregn currency.... I guess not :o

My Million Baht has been in a Thai bank since I renewed my 12 months retirement visa. My three month period starts again next month to renew for another year. The Thai bank allows me to have accounts in Euro or major currencys. The Baht is getting strong and maybe a good time to buy Euro. I wonder if they will accept a 800,000 Baht deposit in a thai bank in an equivelant foregn currency.... I guess not :o

That is something I have been wondering about. I even put it in a post on another thread discussing the 800,000 amount. If you have it here in a FC account to me I would think yes.

But that is a question that only immigration can anwer.