Price For Water

Larsbo

Hello

I have 8 apartment for longtime rentel.

I had a lot of expenses to set op a well, pumps, 10.000 l. storage containers , lines ect

The last two years I payed averything , allso the watercar to refill , when the well was emty in the dry sesons.

Now I want to put a fair charge on the water and have installed meters for all units.

Do some one know what is the normal charge is for one unit of water in Chalong / Sai Yuan aria ?

Is a unit 100 l. or 1000 l. ?

Regards and thak you from Lars Bo

From memory in the Pattaya area the water cost is 85 Baht per month for the service fee including the first 5,000 Litres, then a rate of X Baht per 1,000 (?) litres thereafter.

Drinking water charged at 1 Baht per 1.25 Litre from RO machines through 35 Baht for 5 litre from 7-11, 35 Baht for 18 litres RO bulk delivered to your door or less if they top up your own storage tank.

Factor in the cost of the meters, installing and reading them - is it easier to charge a flat rate that is 'fair'.

We charge 20 baht/1,000 liters in Patong where we have part deep well/part Tesiban water. This 20 baht includes pumping costs up to the apartments. We just about break even on our 20 baht charge.

In Kata we have no Tesiban or deep well water. We store rain water, then use tanker water (@ 90 baht/1,000 L) in the dry season, so we charge an average price of 30 baht/1,000 litres which includes electic costs fo pumping. We are lucky to break even in a very dry year.

I have to small shops on Nanai rd Patong i Pay 200 Baht per month per shop. My Apartment is all so 200 Baht per month.

That's very interesting, BUT how much water do you use for your 200 baht charge. That's what the OP is asking .... what to charge per unit/1,000 L ...

I have to small shops on Nanai rd Patong i Pay 200 Baht per month per shop. My Apartment is all so 200 Baht per month.

That's very interesting, BUT how much water do you use for your 200 baht charge. That's what the OP is asking .... what to charge per unit/1,000 L ...

It a flat charge same price if i use 1L or 10'000L

It a flat charge same price if i use 1L or 10'000L

200 baht is the cost of about 24,000 litres of water from the Phuket Provincial Water Authority mains supply.

• 2 weeks later...

The local water works in Chonburi and Rayong charge an average of about 12 baht per cubic meter (1000 liters). This includes taxes and such. I have a condo in Patters and they charge the owners 20 baht per unit(cu/meter).

Edited by longball53098