Petrol Consumption

Big Guns

I have a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer 2000cc which I bought new. The best petrol consumption I get is 400 kilometres to a tank and thats with the red empty light coming on. It has a 55 litre tank.

I think thats pretty crap fuel consumption. Does anyone else have the same model or another 2000cc car that I can compare figures with. I always use the aircon and generally drive at about 100-120 KPH on my run to work.

I'd be interested in hearing how my fuel consumption compares to other people with similar motors.

Cheers

I have a 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer 2000cc which I bought new. The best petrol consumption I get is 400 kilometres to a tank and thats with the red empty light coming on. It has a 55 litre tank.

I think thats pretty crap fuel consumption. Does anyone else have the same model or another 2000cc car that I can compare figures with. I always use the aircon and generally drive at about 100-120 KPH on my run to work.

I'd be interested in hearing how my fuel consumption compares to other people with similar motors.

Cheers

I think your way of calculating consumption is a bit hit and miss red light can come on at different tank levels.You have to fill it right up , don' sit in the car get out and tell the attendant to fill it till you can just see the fuel then zero the trip ,drive it for however long you want(200+ks) then refill it at same pump same procedure note the distance covered and litres used and you have a more accurate figure.The only thing not hit and miss in your post which does have a bearing on your poor consumption--aircon always on-- 120KPH --2000cc but you can't change the last one.

Yup ^^^ you need to do a more accurate measurement.

BUT

Assuming it has 5 litres left when the light comes on then 400km on 50L is about 22.6 miles per UK gallon (18.8 miles per US gallon), my BMW 325i (auto) did about 24 being driven in much the same way so, yes it is a little thirsty.

Change (don't clean) the air filter and plugs. If they've not been done recently should work wonders :o

You consumption is a little high given you are mostly (I assume) doing highway speeds. I have a honda civic 2.0, 155hp engine, and get an average of 10km/l on gasohol, in mixed driving. On a drive to and from Pattaya I managed to get close to 500km before my red light comes on (and I have a 45 L tank - the light comes on when there is less than about 8 litres left in the tank. So I get between 8 km/l and 12km/l depending on the mix of driving. I nearly always use the air cond, but I find it doesn't make a lot of difference to consumption (not in my car, at least).

Big Guns, I'm running a 2007 Toyota Wish which has a similar 2litre capacity engine to your Mitsubishi. I'm always interested in fuel consumption - my Wish gets around 10-11km per litre on Gasohol, driving in Bangkok, and fares better with regular petrol.

I reckon the biggest impact on efficiency would be properly inflated tires and using the air-con, but I don't know anything about Lancers and I'm not sure how helpful comparisons between cars would be.

I was interested in comparing the fuel consumption with other 2000cc cars as I am considering changing it. I like the performance of a 2000cc but I would like to find something that doesn't drink like Boris Yeltsin on his birthday!!!

I was interested in comparing the fuel consumption with other 2000cc cars as I am considering changing it. I like the performance of a 2000cc but I would like to find something that doesn't drink like Boris Yeltsin on his birthday!!!

I'd wait to see if 2009 brings any new diesel engine models out. Small diesel automobiles should get around 20 kilometers per liter.

interesting topic here as I just discussed it with my friend & this gets 3 car stats into the mix & 1 more important parameter to consider (for e20/gasohol capable cars at least) the fuel type used :o

1. mazda3 1.6L (2008) ~10km/l pretty much no matter how & where I drive it - pretty disappointed too as I mainly decided on the 1.6L expecting better economy than the 2.0, but maybe I was wrong!

type of fuel: e20(gasohol91/95), aircon always on(hey who doesn't in LOS???)

right now however I'm 'testing' regular 91 benzine as the saying goes engine will run smoother & more km per liter - upto 20% perhaps, so even if price is much higher if driving is smoother/faster/better it'll be worth sticking to 'regular' instead of the horseshit e20/gasohol (if tests indicates thats what it is)...

2. honda crv 2.0 ~8-11km/l

3. honda civic 2.0 ~8-12km/l (gasohol will yield the lowest & 91 reg. the highest number)

so my main question anyone else with newer/gasohol able cars experinced much better results using regular/benzine 91/95 than the discounted gasohol mix type fules?

so my main question anyone else with newer/gasohol able cars experinced much better results using regular/benzine 91/95 than the discounted gasohol mix type fules?

I measured several hundred kms on both gasohol and regular, and as i stands now, it's more economical to run on gashohol, as the price difference more than makes up for the difference in economy. I got about an average of 10km/l on gasohol cf. regular which was 10.5 average. This is a civic 2.0 7th generation. I get greater variability (like 9-12km/l but it is dependent on the traffic flow, not so much on the fuel type. So overall its cheaper to use gasohol, with a very minor drop in performance.

It was a no brainer for me. 95 octane gasoline is now hard to find and my Focus fuel economy was disappointing. I tried the E20 when it became available and was VERY pleased that my car seems to perform better and there is very little if any change in kilometers per liter.

I have a 2007 Ford Focus. It gets between 9 and 14 kilometers per liter using E20 fuel. The 14 is non stop highway driving.

Hello ^^

Have you heard about the consumption for the TDCI version??

the 2006 e90 330i I drive gets between 4 and 16 km/l. ^^

Well... more usual to run it around 8 km/l. in Bkk and 11 km/l. outside

My only problem is... no way to find regular 95... so I put Gasohol even if Bmw advised me not to do so. :o

I have a 2007 Ford Focus. It gets between 9 and 14 kilometers per liter using E20 fuel. The 14 is non stop highway driving.

Hello ^^

Have you heard about the consumption for the TDCI version??

the 2006 e90 330i I drive gets between 4 and 16 km/l. ^^

Well... more usual to run it around 8 km/l. in Bkk and 11 km/l. outside

My only problem is... no way to find regular 95... so I put Gasohol even if Bmw advised me not to do so. :o

You can find benzine 95 at Shell stations on Ratchadapisek. Not much more that benzine 91.

From my extensive experience, Mitsu's (and Seat's) are always the most thirsty ! With Toyotas being the most savvy . Every other brand is somewhere in the middle.