I Got My Fiance Pregnant...options?

Well, birth control isn't 100%. I'm an American, and my Thai fiance is now pregnant. She lives in Thailand and I live in the States. I visited her about a month ago. I'm fairly certain it's mine. I just want to know what type of options I have to get her to the States before the baby comes. From what I can tell it's not very likely, but I want to see if anyone had more info that I'm unaware of. Would I be better off marrying her in Thailand and getting K-3, or should I try for K-1. Any info would be much appreciated.

"...my Thai fiance is now pregnant...I'm fairly certain it's mine."

"Fairly certain"? You mean you still plan to relocate, support, and marry a woman who might be carrying someone else's child?

many men face this dilema

'mother-baby-father-maybe'

not referencing the op

These days, the process for the K1 and K3 take about the same amount of time. Sinc eyou live in the Us, I doubt you can make either before baby is born. Probably should get married now and start the I-130 process. Once the baby is born in Thailand, you can file for the US Citizen Born Abroad paperwork at the Embassy and get it a US passport so they can come to the US together sometime late next year.

TH

You will NEVER get her to the states. As for the baby being yours.....like they say.... DNA is the only way to confirm. My Thai wife and I have been legally married, in Thailand, have a 8 month old baby and she has been denied 2 times when applying for a US visa. We have a big house in Chiangmai, lots of land in CM (26 rai), 2 rai in Huahin, 30 rai in Buriram (growing rice), money in the bank (they ask stupid questions that make NO sense - ( "do you live in Thailand or the US)....and DENIED!!! So....no way will she get to the US. Arrange to have the baby at a good hospital in BKK, like Bumrungrad, not that expensive and exceptional care. Good luck.

"I'm fairly certain it's mine"

lol

where did you meet this girl? if the answer is in a bar or other establishment where alcohol is for sale...or in a beauty salon, i'd just cut your losses and move on. baby is probably thai, another foreigners or more likely, does not exist at all.

this has scam written all over it at first glance. apologies if this is the 3% of cases where my assumptions are inaccurate.

also as for getting her to the states, those visa's are hard enough as it is. getting a visa for a pregnant thai women will be pretty much impossible, as that baby will be a US citizen if it is born on US soil, no matter who the father is.

and just out of curiosity, how much money did you send for her, her 'family' and her sick buffalo this last month?

Edited by DegenFarang

"I'm fairly certain it's mine"

lol

where did you meet this girl? if the answer is in a bar or other establishment where alcohol is for sale...or in a beauty salon, i'd just cut your losses and move on. baby is probably thai, another foreigners or more likely, does not exist at all.

this has scam written all over it at first glance. apologies if this is the 3% of cases where my assumptions are inaccurate.

also as for getting her to the states, those visa's are hard enough as it is. getting a visa for a pregnant thai women will be pretty much impossible, as that baby will be a US citizen if it is born on US soil, no matter who the father is.

and just out of curiosity, how much money did you send for her, her 'family' and her sick buffalo this last month?

he's right. listen to this guy. i was born and raise in Pattaya. i have seen many things. I do know how a bar girl work. ( my un-educated guess tells me that it is the most likely place where you both meet)

if you are in love with her and can't live with with out her. then....you already know what to do. But if this is just a fling or a good time while you are away from home. then...i guess u already know what to do.

I am pro choice when it come to abortion, but i never wanted to take a life., does that make sense?

good luck ahd hope what ever decision you make, takes you, her and the unborn child to a smooth pleasant journey.

Edited by jerryb78

why was she denied?

You will NEVER get her to the states. As for the baby being yours.....like they say.... DNA is the only way to confirm. My Thai wife and I have been legally married, in Thailand, have a 8 month old baby and she has been denied 2 times when applying for a US visa. We have a big house in Chiangmai, lots of land in CM (26 rai), 2 rai in Huahin, 30 rai in Buriram (growing rice), money in the bank (they ask stupid questions that make NO sense - ( "do you live in Thailand or the US)....and DENIED!!! So....no way will she get to the US. Arrange to have the baby at a good hospital in BKK, like Bumrungrad, not that expensive and exceptional care. Good luck.

Well, birth control isn't 100%. I'm an American, and my Thai fiance is now pregnant. She lives in Thailand and I live in the States. I visited her about a month ago. I'm fairly certain it's mine. I just want to know what type of options I have to get her to the States before the baby comes. From what I can tell it's not very likely, but I want to see if anyone had more info that I'm unaware of. Would I be better off marrying her in Thailand and getting K-3, or should I try for K-1. Any info would be much appreciated.

I apologise....for you find yourself in a situation where I connot have any input regarding your K -3 or K -2....so in reality I should make no comment......young man.....in your own heart know what you must do...for you alone live with your decisions...err on the side of caution....but grasp a loving future with both hands.. :o

Best wishes

Your big mistake was what you wrote that I have changed to bold. That invited all the wrong replys that you got. Get back here and get married and start the process of getting a visa for her if that is your desire. You may be able to speed up the process a little since she is pregnant.

I know where you are coming from but he can go the resident visa route. You are talking about the visitor visa route. Have had the very same problem (5 times) and we gave up. But the next time we try they will have a difficult time saying she doesn't have enough proof that she will come back. She is an elected Thai goverment employee now (village headman). If they do turn her down shame on them because she will be making a very big stink about it via the Thai ministry of foreign affairs. Just a bit of long range planning.

If you have a son and you bring her to the states for him to be born you are screwing him because he will never be able to live in Thailand as a %100 Thai. If he is born in Thailand you can always get him US citizenship later but he will never be able to get Thai citizenship. He will be able to work and travel as we do and hide his money in Thailand for an incredible profit margin. He could have the best of both worlds and more choices then any of us. He could cut peoples throat in an import export business doing the work on both ends. He will have more possibilities to be wealthy by having dual citizenship than you can imagine. That is unless you fail to give him a proper education and dont insist that he be fluent in both languages. And the most important reason you should have him born in Thailand is that for the price you will pay to have have him born in a medieval dungeon in the states, you could fly to Thailand while your son is born in a real hospital, get DNA testing, start an investment account for his education, pay for a lawyer to process the visas, and still have a couple of grand in your pocket. And if the DNA tests prove you are not the father, also 1/4 the price, while they are still in Thailand then you have saved yourself years of trouble and about 20 more thousand dollars.

Edited by bernie66

Why would you consider marriage to a woman you dont trust 100 per cent,?.more backround needed on her for response i feel ,BUT as others have said have a dna, if she bolts, there may well be a problem,. :o

A DNA test is normally done after birth. It is possible for it to be done before birth but even in the US can be a riskey procedure for the fetus. Here??

Its his choice anyway.

Why would you consider marriage to a woman you dont trust 100 per cent,?.more backround needed on her for response i feel ,BUT as others have said have a dna, if she bolts, there may well be a problem,. :o

If she bolts surely problem solved!!!......strange advice.

If you have a son and you bring her to the states for him to be born you are screwing him because he will never be able to live in Thailand as a %100 Thai. If he is born in Thailand you can always get him US citizenship later but he will never be able to get Thai citizenship.

The baby has a Thai mother and will get Thai nationality because of that upon birth.

Aint love grand!

o god, what am I to do ... my girl is pregnant too bu , now it is scary reading all your sugestions and addvises

Now I ask my self : Is the baby mine?????????????????? schmidtttt

help me too

o god, what am I to do ... my girl is pregnant too bu , now it is scary reading all your sugestions and addvises

help me too

Aint love grand!

help me too

you typed this....you need lead in your pencil to make chlidren... :o

Go sharpen your crayons!!! :D

Aint love grand!

help me too

you typed this....you need lead in your pencil to make chlidren... :o

Go sharpen your crayons!!! :D

o God, I am going to need more then lead to make baby as you said .... but ok whats the bast thing to do my friend???/ Iam going to see her in January, and have to live Thailand one week befor the baby is born.... Is there a way to find out with DNA if baby is mine bifore the birth???

My wife is going back to the US for the second time. She was denied once due to us not being married. Single Thai women not going for education pretty much have a 99% refusal rate (My wife was told this during her interview)

The second time I called up some state representatives and got things moving. They faxed info ahead of her second meeting. Pretty easy once you have a letter with the heading of "The United States Congress" and then proceeds to invite your wife into the country. We elect them to work for US, so make them do their job.

CONGRATULATIONS! This will be the best event in your life, my friend. Embrace the change.

www.bumrungrad.com

DNA test (you've indicated a slight uncertainty)

Get married in Thailand ASAP (if the test is to your satisfaction), and file for a US visa as convenient.

Register the baby's birth at the US Embassy (Bangkok) as soon as you have the birth certificate. Ensure YOU are on the birth certificate, as USA.

Consider, your lovely new wife may not WANT to go to the US so fast, now that she's pregnant. She may want to deliver near Mom, in comfortable surroundings. Don't be in such a hurry to get her to the US - you need to think more "Thai" now.

I'm happy for you,brother. Do the right thing.

(If this is not your child, you must walk away. You have become a "Human Wallet", and the relationship is doomed. It is impossible to recover from this situation.)

Edited by OldenAtwoody

Run away young man, run away. One of the saddest sights in LOS is a farang in the pram department of Tesco Lotus with a recently gorgeous, but now heavily pregnant Thai lady leading him around by the wallet.

Surely she knows an old woman with a twig? She will be back in the bar before you can say "Tii Rak, do you love me?" and she replies "Up to you".

If you are out of the country, it is probably not yours.

This was obviously an unplanned, and currently un-needed, child. You should have taken the decision to ABORT immediately. Check what is the legal Thai limit time-wise -- you can probably still abort if you act fast. Forget the DNA test -- it's irrelevant.

Sorry to be so harsh but this is not 'the girl next door' or a childhood sweetheart, and you need to form a proper relationship before marriage or bringing children into the world.

Unthinking procreation has landed the human race with this scenario which will make the holocaust look like a punch-up :

http://educate-yourself.org/nwo/

http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-More-Than-1-Bi...People-Will-Die

Edited by Trevor

If you have a son and you bring her to the states for him to be born you are screwing him because he will never be able to live in Thailand as a %100 Thai. If he is born in Thailand you can always get him US citizenship later but he will never be able to get Thai citizenship. He will be able to work and travel as we do and hide his money in Thailand for an incredible profit margin. He could have the best of both worlds and more choices then any of us. He could cut peoples throat in an import export business doing the work on both ends. He will have more possibilities to be wealthy by having dual citizenship than you can imagine. That is unless you fail to give him a proper education and dont insist that he be fluent in both languages. And the most important reason you should have him born in Thailand is that for the price you will pay to have have him born in a medieval dungeon in the states, you could fly to Thailand while your son is born in a real hospital, get DNA testing, start an investment account for his education, pay for a lawyer to process the visas, and still have a couple of grand in your pocket. And if the DNA tests prove you are not the father, also 1/4 the price, while they are still in Thailand then you have saved yourself years of trouble and about 20 more thousand dollars.

He's right, ask Tiger Woods, Multi-Millionaire - half Thai but was not born in Thailand was turned down for Thai cituzenship vecause he is considered 'not Thai by birth'