Police Fire Tear Gas At Protesters In Front Of Parliament

george

ASTV is a sham.

I frankly challenge the sanity of anyone taking that tripe seriously.

Finally the police did something GOOD in this country: restore law and order. Quite a change from rounding up school girls not wearing helmets, I for one am happy someone somewhere grew a spine to get this yellow rent-a-mob back to their jobs, or whatever it is they normally do.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The daily mail co uk have a ton of pictures if anyone is interested..

This picture at the end caught my attention.. Is that tear gas or a grenade? Any experts here?

article-1070936-02EC75CF00000578-833_468x347_popup.jpg

3 People are dead now.

Well it's certainly not a tear-gas cannister and it looks too big for a hard-boiled egg.

And look at the plastic bag...that are not his balls unless he is unusual rich on balls....

Casualties from today's collision already exceeds 200

Reports suggest that today’s collisions between the PAD and police forces has already caused more than 200 casualties.

Narenthorn Centre at the Ministry of Public Health concluded that more than 200 casualties had been estimated as a result of constant use of tear gas projectiles by police forces to subdue the PAD’s protestors at the Parliament compound and the car explosion in front of the Chart Thai Party headquarters.

Moreover, the number of casualties is expected to increase further if the violent clashes continue.

- ThaiNews / 2008-10-07

Seems the protests are expanding...

Is this the beginnings of a civil war???

Any wagers on how long before the tanks roll out???

As sooner the tanks are rolling as better for Thailand.....It seem the Army are the only one who can bring peace.

As silly the last military government was, it was still 1000% better than the thaksin cronies.

Actually they are on the way right now. Their aim is to stop the chaos.

Perhaps a solution to the problem is to give the protesters a job, then they wouldn't be able to sit on the streets all day and night, if they had to wake up at 6am to go to work.

they have a job PAD are paying them 500 baht a day to protest!!!!

And again...tell where to pick up the money...my wife is there every day but can't find where to pick up money.

It is simply a lie.

Where are you based in?

Maybe Bangkok doesnt have it.

I confirmed that in Hat Yai, after stating your ID Card Number, you'll receive 300 baht for a session, and 500 baht per day if you decided to go to Bangkok.

I got a few friends who departed to Bangkok on the deal, free foods, free drinks, lots of gifts but you'd have to sleep on the streets though.

Lastly, it seems that the offer is limited to people are affiliated with the guards or knows anyone with some authority in PAD, my Mom didnt get any of such offers when she went to the mob area here.

ASTV is a sham.

Finally the police did something GOOD in this country: restore law and order. Quite a change from rounding up school girls not wearing helmets, I for one am happy someone somewhere grew a spine to get this yellow rent-a-mob back to their jobs, or whatever it is they normally do.

Your name says it all.

Maybe you cut one of your legs away to see how good that is.

This picture at the end caught my attention.. Is that tear gas or a grenade? Any experts here?

3 People are dead now.

Well it's certainly not a tear-gas cannister and it looks too big for a hard-boiled egg.

Could be a tear gas grenade.

3 People are dead now.

Awesome! This is awesome!

Why didnt any of the TVs revealed this?

Edited by Seizhin

3 People are dead now.

I think it is a rock :o

the weapon he is holding is a tear-gas launcher, I think however, he is throwing a rock :/

If this were any other country on the planet, how long do you think the government would allow protesters to occupy the seat of government without being dispersed, alive or dead??? In my home country, they would have never been allowed to take control in the first place...

With this latest flurry of violence, Thailand can write-off high season this year... Yes, tourism is only 6% - 7% of GDP, but that's still billions of baht... How will the BiB survive without having farang tourists to extort money from???

BREAKING NEWS

Soldiers deployed to help control situation

(BangkokPost.com) – Soldiers from the army, navy and air force have been deployed on Tuesday night to help control political situation following request from police, according to army spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd.

Col Sansern insisted that the soldiers will not be armed, and their responsibility is to keep the country in order.

He reiterated that violence will not occur, and that soldiers would not stage a coup.

ASTV is a sham.

Sure they are doing a great job of blowing a few legs off resulting in the death of a couple of then - as for calling yourself kwae - what an insult to the poor khwai who certaily show more intelligence.

Perhaps a solution to the problem is to give the protesters a job, then they wouldn't be able to sit on the streets all day and night, if they had to wake up at 6am to go to work.

they have a job PAD are paying them 500 baht a day to protest!!!!

And again...tell where to pick up the money...my wife is there every day but can't find where to pick up money.

It is simply a lie.

Where are you based in?

Maybe Bangkok doesnt have it.

I confirmed that in Hat Yai, after stating your ID Card Number, you'll receive 300 baht for a session, and 500 baht per day if you decided to go to Bangkok.

I got a few friends who departed to Bangkok on the deal, free foods, free drinks, lots of gifts but you'd have to sleep on the streets though.

Lastly, it seems that the offer is limited to people are affiliated with the guards or knows anyone with some authority in PAD, my Mom didnt get any of such offers when she went to the mob area here.

Well we know a lot people from Koh Samui, Phuket, Pattaya, Nakhon SiThammarat. They usually pay together for the bus and if someone has no money he can come for free. Food and drinks are there for free for everyone, usually the vegetarien food from Chamlong or donated food. Many areas cook together and also sell for very low prices (their self costs, which are often nothing if everything is donated). Today my wife wanted to bring nudels but it didn't happen. But no need to sleep on the streets, everything is full of donated tends. So yes you can stay there without spending any money and for sure you get gifts. If someone looks poor for example my wife buys some toys for the kids....It is a nice each other loving community, but not a "rent a mob". We have a lot namecards from business owners there and my staff met some of our customer there and that are all people who are wealthy enough....

3 People are dead now.

This is what I am thinking. I don't really know what a tear gas grenade looks like but I think that a hand thrown grenade would/could be smaller than a canister because it would not need the projectile unit.

Just a guess like, it would all be a bit silly if it was an egg.

ASTV is a sham.

I for one am happy someone somewhere grew a spine to get this yellow rent-a-mob back to their jobs, or whatever it is they normally do.

It would be really interesting to know who the power & money people are behind the PAD... Someone is paying each of them 500 baht a day to man the barricades...

If this were any other country on the planet, how long do you think the government would allow protesters to occupy the seat of government without being dispersed, alive or dead??? In my home country, they would have never been allowed to take control in the first place...

With this latest flurry of violence, Thailand can write-off high season this year... Yes, tourism is only 6% - 7% of GDP, but that's still billions of baht... How will the BiB survive without having farang tourists to extort money from???

It's not that they dont want to disperse them, they just just cant do this.

The Military are not in the government's side in Thailand, different from other countries such as Philipines, Indonesia or Malaysia who can forcefully disperse these protesters.

PADs are destroying the economy, closing down Airports, that's enough reason to be proved guilty.

Just let Thailand die, as long as both the Government and PAD are not stepping down, Thailand knows no peace.

1. It's not, it's Thailand.

2. This isn't your home country.

3. It gets written off every year by people on this very forum, and yet it still exists.

4. Probably Thai people who they usually extort money from. Pretty rare for them to extort money from foreigners. Hasn't happened to me in 10 years here. You must be unlucky or get yourself into stupid situations.

3 People are dead now.

And his other hand holds a tear gas launcher.....

Some of the police are armed with shot-guns, a shot-gun blast aimed at the feet or legs would certainly cause the damage seen so far on pictures posted here.

I've been watching the news for the whole day through all the official channels, and I switched channel often, I dont see where the police had shotguns except for their Tear Gas Launchers.

unrest_aw107.jpg

r1440190081.jpg

3 People are dead now.

And his other hand holds a tear gas launcher.....

whatever it is its to big to go in that launcher

THAI POLICE THROW EGGS AT PAD PROTESTERS

3 People are dead now.

This is what I am thinking. I don't really know what a tear gas grenade looks like but I think that a hand thrown grenade would/could be smaller than a canister because it would not need the projectile unit.

Just a guess like, it would all be a bit silly if it was an egg.

Does look very much like an egg. More like an egg than a baseball or golf ball.

Hmmmm ... an egg it is then.

ASTV is a sham.

I for one am happy someone somewhere grew a spine to get this yellow rent-a-mob back to their jobs, or whatever it is they normally do.

It would be really interesting to know who the power & money people are behind the PAD... Someone is paying each of them 500 baht a day to man the barricades...

You like Goebbels, right? He told that you just repeat a lie often enough than people will believe it.

That 500 Baht a day is lie, there is no evidence at all beside that some PPP supporter tell about it.

1. It's not, it's Thailand.

2. This isn't your home country.

3. It gets written off every year by people on this very forum, and yet it still exists.

4. Probably Thai people who they usually extort money from. Pretty rare for them to extort money from foreigners. Hasn't happened to me in 10 years here. You must be unlucky or get yourself into stupid situations.

Let's add to the above that while Thailand deals with its problems, many other countries have to deal with the crash of their financial markets. Now that is a real problem.

Opposition Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, however, said after a second round of meetings with

his party's executive committee and members that the ongoing tensions the country is experiencing has

resulted from the government's decisions in dealing with, and mishandling, the situation.

Mr. Abhisit called for resolving the crisis through parliamentary channels. :D He affirmed that the Democrat Party "doesn't support a military coup", as it believes it is not a way out for the country.

TNA

Yours truly,

Kan Win :(

I think Abhisit is a nice, smart guy. But that is nonsense. When police is using violence, PAD is blocking the parliament. We have almost a civil war and Abhisit means we should speak about it next time when we meet. Maybe a compromise? Beating but not to strong, and cutting just 1 leg not two?

Hi "h90",

Only posting news updated's as I find them.

Abhisit means we should speak about it next time when we meet.

So where should we meet and when? :D

So, you speak for him now, do you? :D

A Tongue and Cheek comment only "h90". :D

Please keep on postings, nice to read yours and others members posts :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :o