Police Fire Tear Gas At Protesters In Front Of Parliament

george

Actually I agree that a doc should help everyone! But go as a poor guy without money in the expensive hospital and no doctor will help you. So we are already far away from that idealistic situation.

Actually I wouldn't help a policeman who bruise his finger while slaughtering people. But I would help one who would die without help.

One should not forget the circumstances.

You are 100% right in your statement that in normal life, if one has no money he/she will mostly be denied to enter the hospital and will be shown the path to heaven or hel_l.

Sad, but this us what this world has become.

On the other hand, this was an emergency situation with more than 400 people injured, and in this case the doctor should perform his job as he has learned at the Uni and refrain from any politics. That is not his job.

The attitude of this doctor was very unprofessional and not worthy for any doctor.

I have seen pictures in this thread where a policeman was helping a PAD protester, despite the fact that he would rather prefer to do his normal job and stay out of this mess that the PAD has created.

But his job is to follow orders from a superior and if somebody is to blame for the police actions, the blame should be put on his superiors who gave the orders.

if I understood it right they helped the police and told that they won't help them in future. A threat for the future. But please correct me if I understood it wrong.

I am still confused by the fact that we find it shocking that a doc won't help someone who was violent against peaceful humans. But on the other hand it is complete normal for us to don't help a nice honest person if he/she does not has enough money.

Something is really running wrong in this world....

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes JD you are right again.The clapper is not the brand you were talking about so it is no weapon.GET A LIFE.

How daft do you need to be to not understand the difference between picking up a stick or a rock or a pipe to defend yourself versus bring in a baseball bat knife or gun?

BTW I have a very nice life :o TYVM

I watched the picture again and notice that there were laying A LOT OF STICKS around to be picked up,and all cut to the proper length to fit as a WEAPON.Strange that when I look around where I am now I can not find a single one of those.

I am sure if a baseball bat wasn't that expensive there were laying a lot of them around to be picked up as well.

Any injuries, let alone deaths, on either side, are lamentable. But were they totally unexpected, when the orders were given, to go in with force to clear the PAD ? :o

Ricardo, let me tell you some little stories which did really happen.

In 1995, a member of my family who was doing his job as policeman and was guarding entrance to the National Bank in Madrid got blowed up by the ETA. He didn't want to fight with the ETA. He didn't want to be pulled in the mess the EAT was creating. He only want to do his job and earn some money to feed his family.

A decade later, a member of my family who was waiting for a commuter to bring him to work got blowed-up with thousand of other citizens. He didn't want to fight with the ETA. He didn't want to be pulled in the mess the EAT was creating. He only want to do his job and earn some money to feed his family.

Those "peaceful protesters" from the PAD have done actions which are against the Thai law and order and policeman who did not want to get involved in the mess the PAD created where dropped into an action by their superior.

IF you want to blame somebody for this mess. start to blame the PAD for having called everybody to create civil unrest and started to hostage a complete parliament.

The source of the problem might be on Thaksin, but the problem is on the PAD.

They fail to respect majority, and demands their wishes to happen. They couldnt care less on what happen on the lesser citizens on the front line.

So in other word, PAD claims that the government is an illegal government, thus the PAD themselves uses illegal acts to subdue the illegal? There's no way for those to be legal.

Most of Thais is far too uncivilized, failure to respect the majority and law, claiming that the present 'law' are stupid. When you dont respect law, how can there be a proper country?

Yes JD you are right again.The clapper is not the brand you were talking about so it is no weapon.GET A LIFE.

How daft do you need to be to not understand the difference between picking up a stick or a rock or a pipe to defend yourself versus bring in a baseball bat knife or gun?

BTW I have a very nice life :o TYVM

I watched the picture again and notice that there were laying A LOT OF STICKS around to be picked up,and all cut to the proper length to fit as a WEAPON.Strange that when I look around where I am now I can not find a single one of those.

I am sure if a baseball bat wasn't that expensive there were laying a lot of them around to be picked up as well.

Again, how daft do you have to be to nut have looked around in Thailand? See any of the political posters from Sunday's elections? Wow! sticks the right size! as for that one pipe I see ... ever see the conduiting around? simple pipe often that length :D Were there sticks in the street as the riot police started lobbing CS Gas? Probably not. But I bet 10 minutes later there wasn't a sign or placard to be found nearby!

Any injuries, let alone deaths, on either side, are lamentable. But were they totally unexpected, when the orders were given, to go in with force to clear the PAD ? :o

In 1995, a member of my family who was doing his job as policeman and was guarding entrance to the National Bank in Madrid got blowed up by the ETA. He didn't want to fight with the ETA. He didn't want to be pulled in the mess the EAT was creating. He only want to do his job and earn some money to feed his family.

A decade later, a member of my family who was waiting for a commuter to bring him to work got blowed-up with thousand of other citizens. He didn't want to fight with the ETA. He didn't want to be pulled in the mess the EAT was creating. He only want to do his job and earn some money to feed his family.

Those "peaceful protesters" from the PAD have done actions which are against the Thai law and order and policeman who did not want to get involved in the mess the PAD created where dropped into an action by their superior.

IF you want to blame somebody for this mess. start to blame the PAD for having called everybody to create civil unrest and started to hostage a complete parliament.

The PAD was peaceful the policemen violent. Of course like always the superiors sit in the aircon and eat dinner while the normal people/policemen/soldier are dieing. After it, the put medals on their chests or if they complete fail they retire earlier at full salary. The guy without leg is forgotten in 2 weeks. The superiors will serve many more governments no matter if PPP or Democrats, new politic or old politic...

Oh btw, just something that I confirmed with my co-worker earlier was that a few friends of ours departed for Bangkok to be the PAD Guard (Those dressed in black), you'll get paid 1,500/day.

Downside is, you obviously had to be in the front line, more risk of injuries.

Personally, even though I dislike the PAD, that's quite something to earn per day, plus the thrill and fun are there. Minus the ASTV propaganda that is full of lies and hatred, I guess some of the communities are sincere in wanting a fresh and pure Politics.

People who upholds to PAD should start opening up and accepts that some of the mobbers are hired, some doesnt really care about new politics, they just want something to smash or have fun or something.

In the present situation in Hat Yai, the merchants had maximized their radio's volume to spread ASTV's hatred propaganda around. I can hear the cursing, and even some lies around.

I dont wonder why people who are in the PAD seems to be like "brainwashed", it's just the 3rd day and I'm going crazy myself. Logically, it's similar to AmWay's positive propaganda, except that PAD sents out hatred messages.

Lastly, my friend who told me about it is a PAD supporter, I dont see why he had to lie to me of the 1,500 baht for Guard Jobs or even 500 baht to mob Bangkok.

Open up guys.

[

They fail to respect majority, and demands their wishes to happen.

So in other word, PAD claims that the government is an illegal government, thus the PAD themselves uses illegal acts to subdue the illegal? There's no way for those to be legal.

Most of Thais is far too uncivilized, failure to respect the majority and law, claiming that the present 'law' are stupid. When you dont respect law, how can there be a proper country?

There is no "majority" as such for the government! It is a installed proxie of the TRT by massive manipulation, to full fill a multi billionaires dreams and wishes to come true!

regarding your point of the illegal acts to subdue illegal acts are illegal and remain illegal: you human rights vison would make a police man drawing his gun on an armed man opposing his arrest illegal too, yes?

and your point about "uncivilized" thai people and the reasoning thereof, makes me feel sick!

The PAD was peaceful the policemen violent. Of course like always the superiors sit in the aircon and eat dinner while the normal people/policemen/soldier are dieing. After it, the put medals on their chests or if they complete fail they retire earlier at full salary. The guy without leg is forgotten in 2 weeks. The superiors will serve many more governments no matter if PPP or Democrats, new politic or old politic...

This is where I never understands, you call blocking the road to parliament and disabling the whole government from working peaceful?

You call blocking the airport, attacking the office in the airport and stopping Airplanes from landing peaceful?

You call disabling the major road in Bangkok peaceful?

You call stopping shipment industry from moving peaceful?

Lastly, you call the cursing and all hel_l in ASTV as peaceful?

If the PAD are really 'pure', why are the neutral people like us hates you?

The PAD are no different than Thaksin who uses power and illegal acts to gain more power.

Any injuries, let alone deaths, on either side, are lamentable. But were they totally unexpected, when the orders were given, to go in with force to clear the PAD ? :D

The source of the problem might be on Thaksin, but the problem is on the PAD.

They fail to respect majority, and demands their wishes to happen. They couldnt care less on what happen on the lesser citizens on the front line.

Well you really can't have it both ways. First you say that 'most of the Thais are far too uncivilized' and that they fail to respect the 'majority and law'! :D Majority of whom then? Liberians? Irish? Peruvians? (who are also so sick to the backteeth with their particular thieves posing as politicians that they too have taken to the streets aka PAD style, shortly after the Mexicans by the way) Vulcans? And the rule of law of Thailand was devised by whom ... ? Think they were those damned uncivilised Thais ...

Really. The ignorance/lack of intelligence/lazy thinking shown by some of the posters on this forum makes one's head spin. Oh and Incredibly rascist rant by the way. :o

Personally, even though I dislike the PAD, that's quite something to earn per day, plus the thrill and fun are there. Minus the ASTV propaganda that is full of lies and hatred, I guess some of the communities are sincere in wanting a fresh and pure Politics.

You are right 1500 Baht a day is an unbelievable amount to get paid. Are you really posting from Had yai?

This is where I never understands, you call blocking the road to parliament and disabling the whole government from working peaceful?

You call blocking the airport, attacking the office in the airport and stopping Airplanes from landing peaceful?

The PAD are no different than Thaksin who uses power and illegal acts to gain more power.

You are ignorant. Go educate yourself.

[

There is no "majority" as such for the government! It is a installed proxie of the TRT by massive manipulation, to full fill a multi billionaires dreams and wishes to come true!

regarding your point of the illegal acts to subdue illegal acts are illegal and remain illegal: you human rights vison would make a police man drawing his gun on an armed man opposing his arrest illegal too, yes?

and your point about "uncivilized" thai people and the reasoning thereof, makes me feel sick!

So you're saying that the 20 million votes from the whole country isnt a majority?

I've never said the police were right, but the PAD wasnt right either!

That's why I'm telling you PAD supporters to open up to other people's opinion, especially the people who cares more for the country than PAD or Thaskin, you're a good example of someone who adopted communism despite of what the real People's Alliance of Democracy means.

You are right 1500 Baht a day is an unbelievable amount to get paid. Are you really posting from Had yai?

I am posting from Hat Yai.

Bumping PPP MP's off of THAI flights is one thing... (a rather funny one, at that), but this is completely, inexcusably and unequivocally wrong...

Chulalongkorn doctors boycott police

Doctors of the Chulalongkorn Hospital Wednesday refused to treat police injured during Tuesday's clashes with protesters.

Doctor Suthep Kolcharnwit of the hospital's medical school said the boycott of police was a measure to denounce police's use of excessive violence against the protesters.

Suthep said Chulalongkorn doctors would seek cooperation from doctors of other hospitals to boycott police as well.

- The Nation / 2008-10-08

I agree completely and admire you for pointing it out! Both sides are acting very wrecklessly in this gang warfare.

... and this must be a strong contender, for TV post-of-the-year. :o

You are another good example of a PAD Supporter who fails to open up to the opinion of other people and forces your opinion on others.

Again, how daft do you have to be to nut have looked around in Thailand? See any of the political posters from Sunday's elections? Wow! sticks the right size! as for that one pipe I see ... ever see the conduiting around? simple pipe often that length :o Were there sticks in the street as the riot police started lobbing CS Gas? Probably not. But I bet 10 minutes later there wasn't a sign or placard to be found nearby!

How about the guns that PAD protesters used to shoot at police? Did they just find those guns just lying on the street? Get real, some PAD, possibly a minority, are always armed and ready for action. Obviously, some are also peaceful and don't bring weapons but may pick up the random stick. I'm sure plenty brought their golf clubs, pipes, etc. ahead of time.

There was a great post from some poster who was actually there and told what he saw (it's way back there and the poster was possibly called "Splatter"?). He reported many came prepared with weapons, albeit most of them crude like sticks with nails attached to the end.

The PAD are not completely innocent with regards to use of violence or anticipation of it, that's for sure. Obviously some just picked up crude weapons from the ground, etc. but some came prepared. I don't really see the argument. You can't just rely on one picture and rationalize away.

Edited by Jimjim

The PAD was peaceful the policemen violent.

Well try to occupy parliament or government house for just one hour in my home country: a thousand cops will block all access with barb wire and disperse the peaceful crowd with water canons within hours.

Clean place :o Thai authorities can learn a lesson or two...

if I understood it right they helped the police and told that they won't help them in future. A threat for the future. But please correct me if I understood it wrong.

"Doctors of the Chulalongkorn Hospital Wednesday refused to treat police injured during Tuesday's clashes with protesters. Suthep said Chulalongkorn doctors would seek cooperation from doctors of other hospitals to boycott police as well."

My understanding of this was that the Chulalongkorn doctors REFUSED to treat injured police and would seek cooperation from other hospitals to boycott (refuse) treating police as well.

I am still confused by the fact that we find it shocking that a doc won't help someone who was violent against peaceful humans. But on the other hand it is complete normal for us to don't help a nice honest person if he/she does not has enough money.

Something is really running wrong in this world....

I lost this confusion a long time ago.

I remember a Television footage in the early '80's where a TV team staged a rape of a woman in a crowded street. Nobody stopped to help thew poor woman.

But nevertheless, it is nice to see that there are still people out there who have human feelings and genuine feelings for humanity like you are showing.

Oh btw, just something that I confirmed with my co-worker earlier was that a few friends of ours departed for Bangkok to be the PAD Guard (Those dressed in black), you'll get paid 1,500/day.

People who upholds to PAD should start opening up and accepts that some of the mobbers are hired, some doesnt really care about new politics, they just want something to smash or have fun or something.

In the present situation in Hat Yai, the merchants had maximized their radio's volume to spread ASTV's hatred propaganda around. I can hear the cursing, and even some lies around.

I dont wonder why people who are in the PAD seems to be like "brainwashed", it's just the 3rd day and I'm going crazy myself. Logically, it's similar to AmWay's positive propaganda, except that PAD sents out hatred messages.

Lastly, my friend who told me about it is a PAD supporter, I dont see why he had to lie to me of the 1,500 baht for Guard Jobs or even 500 baht to mob Bangkok.

Open up guys.

Our friend at the guard does not get 1 Baht....All the people we know at the mob don't get one Baht.

I off course don't tell that you lie! But it seems ONLY your friends get paid.

The PAD was peaceful the policemen violent.

Well try to occupy parliament or government house for just one hour in my home country: a thousand cops will block all access with barb wire and disperse the peaceful crowd with water canons within hours.

Clean place :o Thai authorities can learn a lesson or two...

And most probably there won't be one broken finger at both sides as most probably in your country the police won't use home-made bombs.

[

So you're saying that the 20 million votes from the whole country isnt a majority?

That's why I'm telling you PAD supporters to open up to other people's opinion, especially the people who cares more for the country than PAD or Thaskin, you're a good example of someone who adopted communism despite of what the real People's Alliance of Democracy means.

Where do you have the 20 millions from??

here you have the real results

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_general_election,_2007

PPP was the strongest party but did not have a majority

Sooner or later something was bound to give as the current situation cannot continue infinitum.

While i have sympathy for the PAD and their supporters I don't believe they have the moral right on their side.

WHat they should be doing is organising themselves to win the next election.

If it requires buying votes in rural areas so be it.

Thailand has its own unique version of democracy and the PAD need to work with the system they have and fgure how best to gain control of the powers of government.

You may not have noticed ... but PAD is not a political party

It really depends on your definition of political party. If you are taking the more technical, institutional definitions then maybe not. But there are also definitions based on ideology and perceptions of national interest and these definitions would definitely class the the PAD as a political movement or party.

again ...... PAD is not a political Party, they are not registered as such, you cannot vote for PAD in elections etc. That does not take genius to understand. Yes, PAD is a political movement, attempting to oust a corrupt illegal government and the system that allows it to continue.

You (Tolley) are supporting vote buying etc ... so you are not supporting any form of democracy, so why pretend?

You really make me laugh.

First off i never said that PAD was a political party.

Secondly re vote buying what do think happens in the US elections campaigns albeit a more sophisticated type of vote buying with vested interests and key lobby groups distributing

money to candidates and parties.

They don't donate money without expecting some sort of return.

To my mind PAD are not offering any alternative to the regime that exists now and they don't have a replacment because they are not a political party so what are they really going to achieve?

Not much IMHO because they are not really offering anything. In fact you could argue that they are contributing to a further destablisation of the country.

Unfortunately the problems of Thailand are so deeply rooted in their institutions and culture that it really would take a seismic shift in the education, political institutions, the way business is done etc

It ain't gonna happen in our life time that is for sure.

Again, how daft do you have to be to nut have looked around in Thailand? See any of the political posters from Sunday's elections? Wow! sticks the right size! as for that one pipe I see ... ever see the conduiting around? simple pipe often that length :o Were there sticks in the street as the riot police started lobbing CS Gas? Probably not. But I bet 10 minutes later there wasn't a sign or placard to be found nearby!

How about the guns that PAD protesters used to shoot at police? Did they just find those guns just lying on the street? Get real, some PAD, possibly a minority, are always armed and ready for action. Obviously, some are also peaceful and don't bring weapons but may pick up the random stick. I'm sure plenty brought their golf clubs, pipes, etc. ahead of time.

There was a great post from some poster who was actually there and told what he saw (it's way back there and the poster was possibly called "Slapper"?). He reported many came prepared with weapons, albeit most of them crude like sticks with nails attached to the end.

The PAD are not completely innocent with regards to use of violence or anticipation of it, that's for sure. Obviously some just picked up crude weapons from the ground, etc. but some came prepared. I don't really see the argument. You can't just rely on one picture and rationalize away.

1) there are LOTS of pictures .. and many independent sources of information (in any of those pictures can you show me guns or sticks with nails being wielded by the PAD protesters?)

2) Golf clubs? I haven't seen any of those either! A stick or pipe gathered from the street makes far more sense ... not to mention who would damage a decent piece of sports equipment like that?

3)One report from a western reporter (independent source?) said he saw three guns in the PAD camp but did not give any more info such as were they being wielded on the lines or were they holstered and the property of bodyguards?

4) The reports of police being shot are not something I doubt ... I am not sure who shot them or under what circumstances. I would love for Khunying Pornthip to get involved in that aspect of this!

Look at ALL the pics of the protesters!

Sooner or later something was bound to give as the current situation cannot continue infinitum.

While i have sympathy for the PAD and their supporters I don't believe they have the moral right on their side.

Thailand has its own unique version of democracy and the PAD need to work with the system they have and fgure how best to gain control of the powers of government.

It really depends on your definition of political party. If you are taking the more technical, institutional definitions then maybe not. But there are also definitions based on ideology and perceptions of national interest and these definitions would definitely class the the PAD as a political movement or party.

again ...... PAD is not a political Party, they are not registered as such, you cannot vote for PAD in elections etc. That does not take genius to understand. Yes, PAD is a political movement, attempting to oust a corrupt illegal government and the system that allows it to continue.

You (Tolley) are supporting vote buying etc ... so you are not supporting any form of democracy, so why pretend?

Secondly re vote buying what do think happens in the US elections campaigns albeit a more sophisticated type of vote buying with vested interests and key lobby groups distributing

To my mind PAD are not offering any alternative to the regime that exists now and they don't have a replacment because they are not a political party so what are they really going to achieve?

Not much IMHO because they are not really offering anything. In fact you could argue that they are contributing to a further destablisation of the country.

Unfortunately the problems of Thailand are so deeply rooted in their institutions and culture that it really would take a seismic shift in the education, political institutions, the way business is done etc

Open up guys.

Our friend at the guard does not get 1 Baht....All the people we know at the mob don't get one Baht.

I off course don't tell that you lie! But it seems ONLY your friends get paid.

Really? How sad, yesterday when I was posting in this topic you were here too, and there are others who said the same thing that some of the PADs were paid to mob. You probably forgotten about it.

My co-worker, my boss are PAD supporters and they said the same thing that some of them were paid 500 to go to Bangkok.

My Mom who doesnt care much of politics was also informed of the same thing from her friend who always attended the mob and her friend even goes to Bangkok.

You are another good example of a PAD Supporter who fails to open up to the opinion of other people and forces your opinion on others.

You really don't have a clue do you? Okay. Tell me everything you think you know about the PAD's proposals for a corruption free Thailand. Don't leave anything out now. I'm assuming you are conversant enough with the Thai language to be able to articulate an informed response?

[

Where do you have the 20 millions from??

here you have the real results

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_general_election,_2007

PPP was the strongest party but did not have a majority

Strongest party, and most senators, but wasnt enough to establish a government, however, PPP still has more Senators than Democrats and any other political parties.

Dont you think that's more than enough to call them 'majority' ?

And that's what the PAD are proposing. The journey of a thousand miles starts with just one small step. Old Russian saying.

Because. The alternative is?

In this whole discussion I haven't read anyone mentioning the PAD occupying a TV channel BY FORCE and destroying for millions of bath equipment.

All this was clearly shown at prime time and was by no means a "peaceful" action.

You have to be a political party to contest an election

This is not the US and you are talking about the reverse of 'vote buying' You are talking about constituents or groups paying candidates to run. I invite you to look into campaign donations etc .. but this isn't the US. OK, where I am is not the US, maybe where you are ......

The elimination of a corrupt regime and a change in the system but it is nice to see you reverse yourself on the political party thing

The PAD is the seismic event, we hope!

Possibly YOUR lifetime :o

You really don't have a clue do you? Okay. Tell me everything you think you know about the PAD's proposals for a corruption free Thailand. Don't leave anything out now. I'm assuming you are conversant enough with the Thai language to be able to articulate an informed response?

I dont know about PAD's proposal for corruption free Thailand, but I know that PAD had illegally seized the Government House, seized the NBT, blocked the airport, and claims that those are legal under the law!

Those acts are more than enough to calls the PAD ruffians that are no different than Thaksin.