Police Fire Tear Gas At Protesters In Front Of Parliament

george

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

doesn't appear to be the same guy .... and certainly does not account for the hospital reports .... but flooding the thread is kinda tacky

Oh, it's 100% the same guy all right. Check out the beggars shoe in before and after make-up photos!

look here:

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/363/p70719140asey7.jpg

Reduced: 74% of original size [ 861 x 574 ] - Click to view full image

Check out the pic; looks like our friend all right! Compare to the second photo down on previous post!

Previously wounded beggar made up as "bomb victim"?

Any reply from our PAD friends ?

They are very simillar. Might be that someone put wrong pics. But the hospital records??

look here:

Check out the pic; looks like our friend all right! Compare to the second photo down on previous post!

Previously wounded beggar made up as "bomb victim"?

Any reply from our PAD friends ?

They are very simillar. Might be that someone put wrong pics. But the hospital records??

The PAD doctors that refuse to treat policemen will supply you with any records you need!

doesn't appear to be the same guy .... and certainly does not account for the hospital reports .... but flooding the thread is kinda tacky

Oh, it's 100% the same guy all right. Check out the beggars shoe in before and after make-up photos!

It's true that he's a handicapped and the loss of his leg wasn't caused by the clash at the Parliament.

But...where did you get the fact that he's a beggar?

From my knowledge, NBT was the only channel reporting that the PADs are using handicapped 'beggars' to 'act' injured, which also claimed that most of the injured either blew themselves up with their own homemade grenades, or that they stomped upon each other, or that the protester run themslves into the police's batons. :o

The best source of News if you are Anti-Pad. :D

ROE: Spelling Mistakes...as usual :D

Edited by ^_^

:D)-->

QUOTE (:D @ 2008-10-08 23:01:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's true that he's a handicapped and the loss of his leg wasn't caused by the clash at the Parliament.

But...where did you get the fact that he's a beggar?

From my knowledge, NBT was the only channel reporting that the PADs are using handicapped 'beggars' to 'act' injured, which also claimed that most of the injured either blew themselves up with their own homemade grenades, or that they stomped upon each other, or that the protester run themslves into the police's batons. :o

The best source of News if you are Anti-Pad. :D

ROE: Spelling Mistakes...as usual :D

Good point, irrelevant to the thread title but still a good point.

unrest_ww107.jpg

Associated Press

Click on image below to see beggar before make-up session!

This is typical of the photos of "injuries" circulated by the PAD. I'm not making the assertion that the Royal Thai Police aren't doing the same thing; but I've not seen any evidence.

Does anyone actually watch the news??

Apparently PAD somehow seized a public bus (a red-white one, line 23) and as a result, BMTA has stopped all bus services right now. Was on channel 9 a few minutes ago, the bus was seen standing there, empty, and nobody anywhere near it..

Anyone knows more??

Regards....

Thanh

PS with that "dozen cops overrun by carS" donw to "one cop overrun by one car" and in the end probably just having been an accident - sounds similar to the "car bomb" yesterday which, on video, clearly was not a bomb but a car that for some reason caught on fire and had it's LPG or NGV tank go up in the process (car bombs do NOT leave most of the car undamaged and the bombers would NOT use a car that costs as much as that Jeep Cherokee).

found that: http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=131255

either not the PAD or an independent group

same t shirt ,same colour paint on the wall,looks the same guy from different angles,if you lost a leg you would not smile.

Not the same T-shirt at all, the last one had sleeves whereas the first didn't

Same colour paint on the wall to what exactly? And if so then so what?

Similar looking people may well look the same from different angles.

It could be a smile or it could be a grimace or another facial expression, and lets not forget that somebody which has just lost a limb is likely to be in shock.

And this, if true will lay to rest the conspiracy theories:

Actually, regarding the handicapped guy related to the picture, it has been clarified openly on-stage at the PAD Rally at Government House.

Note that I highlighted if true. I did so deliberately to express that I know that I am not in possession of all the facts and therefore cannot be sure either way. I wish that some others would take the same stance before posting such things as fact.

This is not directed solely at you lazeeboy, but to anybody whom maybe wanting to jump onto the conspiracy bandwagon, myself included.

Pardon me, but this guy is not the same as in previous pictures. I can't quickly find the posts somewhere ten pages ago, but THAT guy has definitely lost his leg, and it was well below the knee.

So, it looks like this particular amputee got hit buy a "tear gas", too. Is it a real blood or just ketchup, Sunrise? Or if he didn't have a leg before, it's ok to "tear gas" his stump to shreds?

And what about the guy lying just behind him? It looks like his leg was pixellated for a reason, not because he had a cigarette there.

Did you pick this up off NBT? What a bunch of sick people running that show! Right next to the suggestion that lost legs were photoshopped.

unrest_ww107.jpg

Associated Press

Click on image below to see beggar before make-up session!

This is typical of the photos of "injuries" circulated by the PAD. I'm not making the assertion that the Royal Thai Police aren't doing the same thing; but I've not seen any evidence.

Typical of the photos of injuries, or photos of the typical injuries?

Again, you don't know for sure along with everybody else here including myself.

same t shirt ,same colour paint on the wall,looks the same guy from different angles,if you lost a leg you would not smile.

It could be a smile or it could be a grimace or another facial expression, and lets not forget that somebody which has just lost a limb is likely to be in shock.

Actually, regarding the handicapped guy related to the picture, it has been clarified openly on-stage at the PAD Rally at Government House.

Note that I highlighted if true. I did so deliberately to express that I know that I am not in possession of all the facts and therefore cannot be sure either way. I wish that some others would take the same stance before posting such things as fact.

This is not directed solely at you lazeeboy, but to anybody whom maybe wanting to jump onto the conspiracy bandwagon, myself included.

Globaji,

Pls read post #1170.

The PAD is lying, the PAD is not Lying, PPP is lying, PPP is not lying...it's all in your mind...and many other posters here.

Each come to their own distorted conclusion due to their own misunderstanding right from the beginning of what is going on because of the Thai Language barrier; not aiming solely at you...but many of the posters here, Pro-PAD , Pro PPP, Anti-PAD + Anti-PPP, or the so-called Anti-PAD but not supportive of the PPP ( this group makes the most biased post :D )

Peace.

:o

Pardon me Globaji, just realised you've read my post since you quoted part of it.

So, what else is it that you don't understand?

Edited by ^_^

If it were not for the PAD Taksin would be bleeding this country dry.

When, oh when, are all you relative newbies going to understand that the major difference between Thaksin and the PAD leaders is simply who is going to continue the long established program of bleeding the country dry and how many people will be invited to the party? Thaksin's only sin to the PAD folks is that he kept too much of the spoils to himself and his immediate family and did not share. Worse, he was a relative outsider from the North who did not, as that southerner Prem did, ingratiate himself into the Bangkok club by paying his dues.

You're kidding, right! Taksin was the man who unleashed Purachai to destroy the farang nightlife scene, since when the party has been winding down, and the crime rate has been going up.

:o)-->

QUOTE (:D @ 2008-10-08 22:47:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
look here:

Good Finding Sunrise.

The guy is a handicapped whom again got injured during the clash.

It's just that there are too many flaming post from both sides on this forum which was the reason why I didn't post the clarification earlier.

By the way, most of the post from both sides are kind of too extreme in my opinion, including yours Sunrise, and definitely many from the Pro PADs.

In summary, I think if you guys undertsand some Thai Language, many of the 'arguments' could have been avoided.

Example:

it has been open announced on the PAD Stage months ago regarding paying for personal bodyguards, and some Ex-Military & Ex-Police men acting as Security Guards at the rally.

Hence, when some poster claimed that some PADs are paid, then yes that's true. Hope that this would stop the issue on whether PAD is Paid or Unpaid.

There were also cases of people doing the rounds at the wet market throughout every province in Thailand asking people to join the PAD Rally and anyone whom join the PAD shall be paid certain amount.

This has happened months ago and the PAD Leaders had already clarified that they have never propose to pay anyone to join the PAD and should they encounter anyone doing this, to detain him/her and hand him/her over to the police or send their complaint to their email address or contact the PAD Leaders directly.

The above are just a couple of examples...just to let you know that most of the issues being debated or is debating here is mainly due to mis-communication because of the Thai Language barrier.

In short, I would have choose to shut-up if it's something which I don't fully understand.

Hope that clarifies something.

Pardon me for my poor English and due to my poor English, I hope I hadn't caused any misundertsanding.

Pardon me quoting my own post for this thread is proceeding in a rocket-fast pace and I assume most posters have missed this post based on the arguments still going.

Even Sondhi admits to a large security force, if it was all peacefull, why spend the money on such a force, it just doesn't make sense.

...... that coward Sondhi out of governement house, and bring him to justice.....

A large security force? The leaders have some paid professional bodyguards ... and then there are the folks at the barricades ... the volunteers. What large security force are you referring to?

The 'coward' Sondhi? He's a coward now? he's been standing up to corruption and POWER oft times on his own, for years! Maybe you don't remember the rallies at at Lumpini Park ...

Indeed he is a coward, why wasn't he at the barricades then, at his self proclaimed, final battle. A coward, a cheat, who is not an inch better then the man he forcefully fights, the minute it became apparent to him, that he wasn't going to help him to get rid of some debts here and there. He himself is corrupt to the core. Please don't make me laugh.

No more a coward than George W and Tony Bliar for not leading their troops from the front in Iraq.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Does anyone actually watch the news??

Apparently PAD somehow seized a public bus (a red-white one, line 23) and as a result, BMTA has stopped all bus services right now. Was on channel 9 a few minutes ago, the bus was seen standing there, empty, and nobody anywhere near it..

Anyone knows more??

Regards....

Thanh

PS with that "dozen cops overrun by carS" donw to "one cop overrun by one car" and in the end probably just having been an accident - sounds similar to the "car bomb" yesterday which, on video, clearly was not a bomb but a car that for some reason caught on fire and had it's LPG or NGV tank go up in the process (car bombs do NOT leave most of the car undamaged and the bombers would NOT use a car that costs as much as that Jeep Cherokee).

found that: http://www.bangkokpost.com/breaking_news/b...s.php?id=131255

either not the PAD or an independent group

The police were out of control on Tuesday, the evidence is in the number of people injured and the serious injuries are inconsistent with the correct use of tear gas or rubber bullets.

It is very clear that the government and the police have a case to answer and any investigation or reports instigated by the PAD, government or the police will have little credibility.

I have been speaking to a contract lawyer I work with and he have told me that in principle the people injured on Tuesday and their relatives can collectively sue the police in a number of courts over their actions. Further more if individual policeman can be identified breaking the law, by say miss using a tear gas gun (firing horizontally into the crowd) they can be sued personally.

What is needed is for a number of brave thai nationals to bring together Tuesday’s injured, suitably qualified lawyers and make a public request for funds to pursue the case.

I would be happy to financially contribute to this and I suspect that many others would to. May be the courts will side the police and government and kill the case. But there is a chance that this could go somewhere and in the future the police will think twice before unnecessarily maiming people.

If enough people are involved this would be a very cheap claim to pursuit and although a positive result would be almost unimaginable; the idea of making the police et al explain Tuesday’s actions would be priceless.

And Yes I can be naive

:o)-->

QUOTE (:D @ 2008-10-08 23:28:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Globaji,

Pls read post #1170.

The PAD is lying, the PAD is not Lying, PPP is lying, PPP is not lying...it's all in your mind...and many other posters here.

Each come to their own distorted conclusion due to their own misunderstanding right from the beginning of what is going on because of the Thai Language barrier; not aiming solely at you...but many of the posters here, Pro-PAD , Pro PPP, Anti-PAD + Anti-PPP, or the so-called Anti-PAD but not supportive of the PPP ( this group makes the most biased post :D )

Peace.

:D

Pardon me Globaji, just realised you've read my post since you quoted part of it.

So, what else is it that you don't understand?

I agree mate.

I do admit to being biased myself and this bias is based upon my opinion, however I have no conclusion because I accept that I do not know everything and that I may stand to be corrected with regards to my opinion.

Just now on another thread for example, somebody has posted that the PAD where harming themselves with home made bombs as fact.

For all I know it may be true (Although I have my doubts), but how could that poster state it as fact, was here there at the time?

The police were out of control on Tuesday, the evidence is in the number of people injured and the serious injuries are inconsistent with the correct use of tear gas or rubber bullets.

It is very clear that the government and the police have a case to answer and any investigation or reports instigated by the PAD, government or the police will have little credibility.

I have been speaking to a contract lawyer I work with and he have told me that in principle the people injured on Tuesday and their relatives can collectively sue the police in a number of courts over their actions. Further more if individual policeman can be identified breaking the law, by say miss using a tear gas gun (firing horizontally into the crowd) they can be sued personally.

What is needed is for a number of brave thai nationals to bring together Tuesday’s injured, suitably qualified lawyers and make a public request for funds to pursue the case.

I would be happy to financially contribute to this and I suspect that many others would to. May be the courts will side the police and government and kill the case. But there is a chance that this could go somewhere and in the future the police will think twice before unnecessarily maiming people.

If enough people are involved this would be a very cheap claim to pursuit and although a positive result would be almost unimaginable; the idea of making the police et al explain Tuesday’s actions would be priceless.

And Yes I can be naive

The PAD are now gathering evidence and once done, they shall send a copy of the evidence and document and send it to every single embassy in Thailand.

Next, the PAD will bring their evidence & documents and bring this case to the International(?) Court.

* (?) - Direct translation of the Thai word for 'Na Na Chart' which means 'International'.

Sincerely hope they could make a case out of it.

The Police obviously uses more than necessary force in this case.

ROE: Spelling Mistakes...AGAIN AS USUAL :o

Edited by ^_^

I agree mate.

I do admit to being biased myself and this bias is based upon my opinion, however I have no conclusion because I accept that I do not know everything and that I may stand to be corrected with regards to my opinion.

Just now on another thread for example, somebody has posted that the PAD where harming themselves with home made bombs as fact.

For all I know it may be true (Although I have my doubts), but how could that poster state it as fact, was here there at the time?

Globaji,

I understand your sentiment :o

I find myself also getting really furious at times when I read something this this: "PAD where harming themselves with home made bombs as fact"

It really makes me want to puke.

Imagine how would the family memers of the decesaed feel if they read this post; thankfully not many Thai do.

Police allege woman killed by her own bomb

Autopsy report has made police suspect 25-year-old Angkana Radapbanyavuth died because of a bomb she was carrying, police deputy spokesman said.

Pol Maj General Surapol Thuanthong, deputy spokesman of the royal Thai Police, said, "The autopsy report showed Angkana's left ribs were all broken. It could be so because of holding a bomb with her underarms or carrying a bomb in her bag. The injuries were too severe to be caused by the weapons police was carrying."

The Nation

I hope they allow Dr. Porntip to also do an autopsy. Very strange how the police conclude that PAD members continued to blow themselves up. Unreal :o

The more I have thought about all this goings on, the more I am convinced

a third party was involved.

Attacking BOTH PAD and POLICE to create the chaos we saw.

A sniper with big calibre silenced weapon, is EASY to find.

One guy could take out legs and ankles easily.

And possibly another emplacement sending live bomlets from slightly off angle.

Who could tell if it's police or another hand...

And /or SOME of the police's ostensibly teargas only grenades

actually were live amo ringers salted in for random attacks.

Certain parties have lots of friends in army and police ranks.

Unless one ASSUMES there is no corruption in EITHER...

PAD is off the deep end for sure now,

but STILL never had a history of ANY guns or ANY bombs.

25 year old girls are NOT bomb makers...

The police do have a history of over reacting.

And certainly for saying what ever idiotic theory

that comes to mind at any given moment that justifies themselves.

But what of a third party stirring the pot?

Certainly conceivable with the army factionalized as it is.

No problem getting specialized ordinance.

No names of likely possibles, I wouldn't want to say...

But...

This possible scenario would explain several of the unusual occurrences of monday.

One must ask WHO benefits from chaos and making PAD back down?

Who benifits from distracting the right hand,

while the left does some slight of hand.

And before the usual suspect come screaming demanding PROOF yada yada yada

Why not sit back and think it through twice before replying.

I looked yes the are similar types,

but I do not believe this is the same man.

The head physiognomy is just enough different to not be the same.

Sorry charlie no cigar.

a real game effort at dissinformation though.

Autopsy report has made police suspect 25-year-old Angkana Radapbanyavuth died because of a bomb she was carrying, police deputy spokesman said.

Pol Maj General Surapol Thuanthong, deputy spokesman of the royal Thai Police, said, "The autopsy report showed Angkana's left ribs were all broken. It could be so because of holding a bomb with her underarms or carrying a bomb in her bag. The injuries were too severe to be caused by the weapons police was carrying."

The Nation

I hope they allow Dr. Porntip to also do an autopsy. Very strange how the police conclude that PAD members continued to blow themselves up. Unreal :o

But...

This possible scenario would explain several of the unusual occurrences of monday.

Edited:

Too sinister and too fantastic a plot to believe. But there are some who would definitely benefit.

Edited by Thai at Heart

The Nation

But...

Actually, I did contemplate the possibility of a Third-Party sabotage which caused the casualties during the clash at parliament.

Earlier, I suspected that the Police could be taking orders from Newin's faction to cause high casualties after Newin's breaking off from the Yongyudth-Somchai-Takky faction.

But when parliament convenes, all Newin's faction attended...therefore, the theory out of the window.

Then I started thinking that could it be the "invisible Hand" which the government has been talking about so often...in which I actually never believed it exist (unless they are assuming it's Prem's doing which is nothing invisible from my point of view...as it's all in the open now).

But...Prem don't need casualties...as PAD still have the upper hand.

Last, after looking at the video footages, when it all first started, the smoke-grenade launcher fired in an orderly manner, 5 lanchers a row, firing, reload, fire, reload...and so on.

After the first few rounds, casualties were already reported.

If anything else coming from elsewhere, it'll be quite noticeable.

Furthermore, based on Somchai's response, it's obvious; that was what he-takky wanted.

The Police, in my opinion since the very first time I watch the footage, looking at the angle they fire their smoke-grenades, looked to me it was intentional; to cause injuries.

After the Police managed to escort the MPs out of Parliament, and when the firing still keeps going for another 6hrs, it was then that I came to the conclusion that...it's Takky's revenge.

Somchai and the rest of the clan will join Takky...after they have done enough damages.

WARNING: JUST MY OPINION...PLEASE DON'T READ TOO MUCH INTO IT!!!

After the 1st round of tear gas,

determining direction of a bullet would be impossible in the noise and smoke.

If they were doing multiple rounds, it would be easy to add one more

from off angle on a roof top etc. Even the vitum would be

hard pressed to know from what direction ther were struck in the melee.

Fog of battle and all that.

I spent much of the day wondering what ties all the varied and sometimes illogical events together.

This scenario seemed the more plausible one. Sadly, it isn't TOO fantastic. I wish to hel_l it wasn't!

Edited by animatic

JD don't you think time has come to go wind up some people on another thread,you get boring.

After the 1st round of tear gas,

determining direction of a bullet would be impossible in the noise and smoke.

If they were doing multiple rounds, it would be easy to add one more

from off angle on a roof top etc. Even the vitum would be

hard pressed to know from what direction ther were struck in the melee.

Fog of battle and all that.

I spent much of the day wondering what ties all the varied and sometimes illogical events together.

This scenario seemed the more plausible one. Sadly, it isn't TOO fantastic. I wish to hel_l it wasn't!

If it was an intentional 3rd party, with a plan, the long term beneficiaries that I can think of make it in my mind unlikely.

I do believe it could have been a small rogue group of police carrying out some very violent acts.

3 Foreigners that oppose the PAD are paid to do so.

I oppose the PAD but they haven't paid me anything yet. I think that's completely unfair. If I don't get paid immediately I will go sit on an airport runway or something and cause it to shut down. That'll teach them. If they try to remove me I will run down to the Human Rights Commission and file a complaint.