Converting

Jumbo chilli

If you're looking to burn a dvd you can use AVC from http://www.any-video-converter.com/download-avc-free.php it's got some good reviews from Lifehacker and Cnet, and even posted by Reimar in the files section. I downloaded it from their home page and tried it out on Heroes.S03E01.Repack.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv (1.09 Gb) it takes about 45 min to convert to DVD-PAL .mpg. You need a seperate DVD burner for it though.

It's a pain. I just hook my laptop to my tv and play it that way.

If you're looking to burn a dvd you can use AVC from http://www.any-video-converter.com/download-avc-free.php it's got some good reviews from Lifehacker and Cnet, and even posted by Reimar in the files section. I downloaded it from their home page and tried it out on Heroes.S03E01.Repack.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv (1.09 Gb) it takes about 45 min to convert to DVD-PAL .mpg. You need a seperate DVD burner for it though.

It's a pain. I just hook my laptop to my tv and play it that way.

Thanks Roadkill, I'm downloading it now and will be using it in a couple of minutes.

I'll keep you posted what outcome is like.

Thanks

J.C

Thanks Roadkill, I finally got my Dvd, but the image size is only 720x576?

How can I keep the image size 1280x720?

Thanks

Jc

PAL DVDs have the 720x576 resolution IIRC. That's simply what you have to live with if you want to transcode from *.asf to *.mpeg2. Now if you have a dvdplayer that does DiVX, that will allow you to keep the higher resolution.

Thanks MKAsok, I tried this program and found it amusing, but " asf " file format may be one of the few that doesn't support.

I couldn't make a DVD out of it. :o , am I missing any?

Thanks for trying.

J.C

From here:

Supported container formats

All of the following container formats are supported by DVD Flick. The ones highlighted in green are common formats.

4xm ADTS AAC audio American Laser Games ASF (WMV) AVI AVS Bethsoft VID C93 CIN Creative VOC CRYO APC DV DXA EA Multimedia FLIC format SWF * GXF Id Cinematic Id RoQ Interplay MVE Macromedia Flash Matroska MPEG audio MPEG-1 systems MPEG-2 PS, TS MPEG-4 MXF Nullsoft Video (NSV) NUT Playstation STR QuickTime Raw AC3 Raw CRI ADX audio Raw MJPEG Raw MPEG video Raw MPEG4 video Raw PCM ** Raw Shorten audio Real Media Sega FILM/CPK SEQ Sierra Online Sierra VMD Smacker SUN AU format THP WAV WC3 Movie Westwood Studios VQA/AUD TechnoTrend PVA LMLM4 MVI EA XA

Hi,

I've just downloaded a couple of HD 720p video files('asf' formatted) and would like to view them on a large TV screen. :o

Can anyone please tell me how to do it- converting?

Thanks in advance

J.C

If your DVD player has a USB port you can play .avi files direct from a flash drive. No need to burn DVDs. But you'll need an asf-to-avi converter program.

Hi,

I've just downloaded a couple of HD 720p video files('asf' formatted) and would like to view them on a large TV screen. :D

Thanks in advance

J.C

If your DVD player has a USB port you can play .avi files direct from a flash drive. No need to burn DVDs. But you'll need an asf-to-avi converter program.

I tried playing the original video through usb, but the dvd player would not read the file. :o

And besides, I want keep this high resolution( hd 720p ).

Thanks

JC

Thanks MKAsok, I tried this program and found it amusing, but " asf " file format may be one of the few that doesn't support.

I couldn't make a DVD out of it. :D , am I missing any?

Thanks for trying.

J.C

From here:

Supported container formats

All of the following container formats are supported by DVD Flick. The ones highlighted in green are common formats.

4xm ADTS AAC audio American Laser Games ASF (WMV) AVI AVS Bethsoft VID C93 CIN Creative VOC CRYO APC DV DXA EA Multimedia FLIC format SWF * GXF Id Cinematic Id RoQ Interplay MVE Macromedia Flash Matroska MPEG audio MPEG-1 systems MPEG-2 PS, TS MPEG-4 MXF Nullsoft Video (NSV) NUT Playstation STR QuickTime Raw AC3 Raw CRI ADX audio Raw MJPEG Raw MPEG video Raw MPEG4 video Raw PCM ** Raw Shorten audio Real Media Sega FILM/CPK SEQ Sierra Online Sierra VMD Smacker SUN AU format THP WAV WC3 Movie Westwood Studios VQA/AUD TechnoTrend PVA LMLM4 MVI EA XA

Yeah, I tried this prog. again and got my DVD, but with no sound, my dvd player recognize it as a dvd,but would not play. :o:D

Probably there is something wrong with me.

Thanks

J.C

Thanks Roadkill, I finally got my Dvd, but the image size is only 720x576?

How can I keep the image size 1280x720?

Thanks

Jc

PAL DVDs have the 720x576 resolution IIRC. That's simply what you have to live with if you want to transcode from *.asf to *.mpeg2. Now if you have a dvdplayer that does DiVX, that will allow you to keep the higher resolution.

Hi dave_boo,

I'm getting little bit tired of doing all this CONVERTING thingy, so is there any other way to get downloaded HD videos

viewable on a large screen, like gadget (multimedia box?)or something that's got HDMI connectivity?

Thanks for your input.

J.C

ps: getting one more laptop with HDMI isn't an option. :o

...I'm getting little bit tired of doing all this CONVERTING thingy, so is there any other way to get downloaded HD videos ...

There probably is a way, but I think we're not allowed to talk about it - file sharing, P2P, torrents, etc. - especially if it's copyrighted material.

Hi,

I've just downloaded a couple of HD 720p video files('asf' formatted) and would like to view them on a large TV screen. :o

Thanks in advance

J.C

I have only good things to said with

SUPER © - by eRightSoft

SUPER © does for FREE what other encoders CAN'T do for money.

SUPER © - by eRightSoft

I have Super, build 30. Not used it much - and difficult to get to the download link, if I recall correctly - going round and round in circles trying to find the link. Strange interface, too. :o

Just downloaded build 33 from here: http://www.erightsoft.net/Superdc.html

SUPER © - by eRightSoft

I have Super, build 30. Not used it much - and difficult to get to the download link, if I recall correctly - going round and round in circles trying to find the link. Strange interface, too. :o

Just downloaded build 33 from here: http://www.erightsoft.net/Superdc.html

Thanks,

It's a brilliant prog. :D

Jc