Best Bread In Phuket

Damaz6052

What used to be called Flintstones in Chalong did a pretty good variety, their Combi-corn used to be the best on the island (IMHO) but haven't been to the bakery for 6 months or so and would welcome an update.

I used to buy my bread there for years until the Bastogne Bakery opened. The only thing Flints-one (they got busted on trademark infringement) does better is their crossaints, and then, only if you prefer them toasted.

What used to be called Flintstones in Chalong did a pretty good variety, their Combi-corn used to be the best on the island (IMHO) but haven't been to the bakery for 6 months or so and would welcome an update.

I used to buy my bread there for years until the Bastogne Bakery opened. The only thing Flints-one (they got busted on trademark infringement) does better is their crossaints, and then, only if you prefer them toasted.

Flints have the best and most reasonably priced Quiche

La BAstogne definately the best bread, but pricey

Flints have the best and most reasonably priced Quiche

I used to buy the Flints_one Quiche even though I though quite pricey. Now I buy the mini Quiches at Carrefour. Much better taste and a fraction of the price.

Also Carrefour is the best place for butter croissants & various varieties of bread. Forget Lotus Tesco for breads, Big C better the Tesco, but not as good as Carrefour

bastogne is my fave in phuket. thaigerd and i used to have a regular date there on saturday mornings.

Yes Donna, good old times.........

Found a new one:

French bakery just before the big home works shop on Chao Fa. Mr.Handsome and all his swiss friends are there as well every morning.

Gerd

I am looking for the best authentic european style bread in Phuket.

Where can you get it...

Cheers

Three shops to the left of the new Tescos on Wiset road the bakery there does nothing to fancy, Verty good sliced white (no sugar)great croissants, burger buns and dog rolls a feww cakes etc. very friendly and much cheaper than the french bakeries. All good produckts and nothing Flash.

I expected you would have your shop open by now ?? So when will it be open, and where ??

The refit started last week about 6 weeks to finish. Shopped around for quotes and saved 80k baht.

It's in between Coffee Mania and Manu art at the intersection of Nanai Rd and the Karon /Kata intersection.

Hallo,

from my point of view it seems that everybody here reduces bread to the FRENCH baguette or even the quiche (was not aware that quiche is a bread!). But the original question was for EUROPEAN style bread!

And so I am not afraid to stand alone in praising a delicious sour dough bread. My favourites in the following order:

1. Eddy's sour dough bread - available in Patong Food Shop and Deli's (both in Patong)

2. The Sour Dough bread ("Sauerteigbrot") from the German Bakery Restaurant in Rawai (at bit pricy at Baht 125/bread)

2. Manni's Rye Bread ("Roggenbrot") - available in Manni's bakery shops in Kata resp. Chalong

By the way, Manni also offers a very delicious Onion Bread (made to order only!)

Enjoy your bread! ("Guten Appetit")