Sending Money Back To Australia

A friend of mine last year transferred about 800,000b from Australia into his Thai Bank account as he was supposed to be buying into a business...that fell through and he lost his deposit and to cut a long story short he has been back in Aus for a year now and wants to get his money back...they seem to want "invoices" how the hel_l can he invoice himself for this haha...im in Thailand and offered to help him out so does anyone have any ideas on how he can get his money back? I get the picture they dont like money leaving the country but seemings he transferred from an australian bank account directly...youd think they would allow it to go back to the same account?

What is said above should work, if that fails open an account with krungsri and get an atm card. Transfer the money to this new account and in 8 days (8 x 100.000 baht) the money is back in Australia.

No questions asked, no difficult 'invoices' to fake.

The difficulties are because Thailand is a country where a lot of money is being laundered. These are just some steps to counter that.

Edited by Khun Jean

What is said above should work, if that fails open an account with krungsri and get an atm card. Transfer the money to this new account and in 8 days (8 x 100.000 baht) the money is back in Australia.

No questions asked, no difficult 'invoices' to fake.

The difficulties are because Thailand is a country where a lot of money is being laundered. These are just some steps to counter that.

I agree I do send money to OZ virtually every month this way and I never had any probs