Lost Maroon Coloured Blackberry Phone

hill16

Hi folks,

Today I came across a sawngthaew driver with a maroon coloured Blackberry phone. He's a regular driver for my workplace. Nothing really unusual so far. He then asked my colleague and I if we knew how to work his phone. He wanted to change the language from English to Thai. Still nothing too odd about this. We tried to press a few buttons to see what happens. Lo and behold this was not a new phone. In fact, it had a load of international phone numbers stored (mainly USA we think). Also, it contained a number of names in English, one of which was Nancy. We also noticed that there were a few missed calls on it, the last of which was at about 4.15pm this afternoon. I'm sure you can guess what we were thinking. Unfortunately, so did the sawngthaew driver. Quickly and without warning he took the phone back off us, turned it off and pocketed it.

I will be speaking to my manager tomorrow and will be asking her to cancel the services of this guy. I am also prepared to help get the phone back if the rightful owner should happen across this post and they then PM me. It will probably have to involve the police (tourist?) unfortunately but that's what happens.

Of course, I may be jumping to conclusions about the sawngthaew driver's intentions. Perhaps he was trying to save the phone's battery in order that he might return the phone himself....... LOL!

If anybody knows who owns this phone or comes across a distraught farang missing their phone, please refer them to this post asap.

Kind regards,

Hill16

Dear hill 16 !

Altough this lost phone is not mine i would like to thank you on behalf the unlucky one.

Good to know that there are still people with compassion and an helping hand out there.

Hope you will encounter the same from your environment .

Leo

Thanks for the kind words folks but I really think anyone would do the same, which is not really very much at the end of the day.

Unfortunately, nobody has come forward yet so it looks like fast-fingered Freddie will get away with it. He has, however lost his contract with my place of employment which wasn't a bad earner for him. What's that Thai phrase... Sum naam na?

Anyway, please keep an ear out for the owner if anyone should happen across them in the bars, restaurants, schools, temples, dens of iniquity of our fair city.

Thanks again,

Kind regards,

Hill16