Highway Police Checkpoint Warning To Local Motorists.

kurgen

A warning now to everyone who owns a vehicle here in Pattaya.

On Wednesday Morning, the Highway Police based on the Sukumvit Road in South Pattaya organized one of their regular checkpoints.

However, we have been told by Police Major Siwagorn, the Inspector in Charge of the Pattaya area, that detailed checks on Cars and motorbikes will now take place.

This includes tax and insurance checks and those car or truck drivers not wearing seatbelts and drivers using mobile phones will be prosecuted.

He also explained to us that drivers who cannot prove they are the owner of the vehicle they are driving or have borrowed the vehicle from someone, will have their vehicle seized until evidence of ownership is forthcoming.

Pattaya One News

They are going to be either very busy boys, or very rich boys!

well i went through the red light (just ) just before banglamung police check point yesterday and got stopped .a very polite police officer gave me a ticket took my licence and told me to pop in tomorrow with 400 baht.

cant really complain can you? :o

Actually, on my numerous drives to/from Isaan these past couple of years, the cops have pretty much always inspected the window stickers and the driving license thoroughly on their night checkpoints. Only once did a Korat cop insist on 'paper car' and declining the rental agreement, repeated 'paper car' which I assumed was the proof of ownership which I didn't have. However, he accepted sahm loy baht as a good substitute for the missing 'paper car'.