Last Time You Drove 200 Kms/hour...was When And Where ?

LaoPo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no normal production cars, capable of speeds of 250-260 km/hr.

and a + b didn't exist in Thailand (the messenger was talking 250-260 km/hr between Chonburi-Bangkok)

What about M5, Ferrari, Lambo etc?

Do you know that the cruiser speed of new Nissan GT-R is about 300 km/h?

I had BMW 740 (4.4) in 1999 and 250 km/h is normal for that car without any modifications.

250-260 km/h was an example for the possible speed on elevated way Bangkok-Chonburi.

:o you forgot one -important- sentence I wrote, Grant..."but in my younger days there were: no normal production cars, capable of speeds of 250-260 km/hr."

One can hardly consider Ferrari and Lamborghini as ''normal production'' cars; besides that, Lamborghini started making sports cars only in 1963; 45 years ago and nobody could afford them.

Most production cars weren't even able to reach speeds over 200 km/hr; an Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 1600 I owned reached a TOP speed of 180 km/hr and that was SOMETHING I tell you and considered a very fast car... :D

One cannot compare the safety of nowadays' cars with he cars from 30 or 40 years ago... impossible; but, every era has it's charms, especially the cars from back then.

The cars of today all look alike and are perfect cars, but they have no charm and only a few of them will be remembered in 30 or 40 years from now...just very very few.

In the old days we could tell from a distance, just from the noise, which car, which brand was around the corner....no more. :D

LaoPo

Most production cars weren't even able to reach speeds over 200 km/hr; an Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 1600 I owned reached a TOP speed of 180 km/hr and that was SOMETHING I tell you and considered a very fast car... :o

LaoPo

Good old Alfa Romeo Giulia Super....My father bought that model straight from factory in Milan in 1970. 103HP, at those times it was wow! Max speed according to manual was 185km/h, I recall he pushed it to 180. He sold it 1976, I cried lol....

I am struggling to work out whether this thread, or another thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Farangs-Show...ns-t217448.html

discussing "Farangs Shower Less Than Thais/asians,"

is the most inane contribution currently running on Thai Visa.

Can someone please help :D

This one; no doubt, with your post winning as # 1 most inane post :o Don't feel offended though :D

Most people on Mother earth need inane feelings sometimes...TV is full of inane content; the whole world is full of inane violence also.... :D

LaoPo

You could always start another thread, such as "My dick is 9 inches long, how big is yours?" and see if the posters here also post in that one. :o

About 20 years ago in the middle of nowhere outside of Las Vegas in my Jag XJS. I remember roaring up toward a car on the shoulder in the distance which looked like it may have been an unmarked police car so I braked hard quickly but still flew past it far in excess of the speed limit. It turned out to actually be police and I just stared in my rear view mirror (with heart pounding) waiting for his lights to begin flashing - but he never came after me! No way he didn't see me come screaming up from behind him. I think he must have been "enjoying some quality time with himself." :o He didn't appear to be napping when I passed him.

Edited by Lopburi99

Driving at such speeds in LOS is nuts...sorry, but that's my personal opinion.

LaoPo

there was a time when we were young and daring too! :D

Oh, absolutely; but in my younger days there were:

a. no normal production cars, capable of speeds of 250-260 km/hr.

b. no better, almost perfect, highways to reach such speeds; not even in Germany (concrete highways !)

b. and a + b didn't exist in Thailand (the messenger was talking 250-260 km/hr between Chonburi-Bangkok) :o

But even nowadays, 250-260 km/hr in Thailand sounds a bit....well....kind of an exaggeration ? :D

LaoPo

But you could make them faster..... '75 I drove a Datsun (sherry, I think) had a 1000cc engine that could reach 200K.

Replaced the single carb by a battery of 4, stiffened the valve springs, had a electronic ignition with adjustable timing,

some additional tuneup's to the engine, and the 200K could be reached.

Have to admit that the engine didn't live that long, and was eating cylinder-head gaskets, but the thrill was there for as long as it lasted.

Should I ever have crashed with that one, you would probably have found less of me and the car as Haider's one... and I would not

been writing this reply...

Well....like 300 km/h with a tuned Audi RS6 in Germany, usually 200 - 230 km/h with a Benz CLK300, 220 km/h with a VW Golf VR6 Chip tuned....in Thailand however it was like 150 km/h max on Highway 36, but I usually cruise now between 100 - 120 km/h as road and my old Camry will not allow much more in street handling.

For Germans a speed of 200 km/h is nothing spectacular really as already the small cars have enough power to go as fast. However there are more and more speed limitations existing and radar controls are frequent with rather unpleasant penalties....

On bikes I usually not go much faster than 120 - 140 km/h.

You could always start another thread, such as "My dick is 9 inches long, how big is yours?" and see if the posters here also post in that one. :o

Edited

Edited by jackspratt

Well....like 300 km/h with a tuned Audi RS6 in Germany, usually 200 - 230 km/h with a Benz CLK300, 220 km/h with a VW Golf VR6 Chip tuned....in Thailand however it was like 150 km/h max on Highway 36, but I usually cruise now between 100 - 120 km/h as road and my old Camry will not allow much more in street handling.

For Germans a speed of 200 km/h is nothing spectacular really as already the small cars have enough power to go as fast. However there are more and more speed limitations existing and radar controls are frequent with rather unpleasant penalties....

On bikes I usually not go much faster than 120 - 140 km/h.

I totally agree with you to not ride faster than that on bike. what kind of bike do you have?

When I drive the bmw e90 330i at a normal speed, I everytime move to let big bikes flying which is not the case for trucks... :o But anyway it doesn't happen very often... only some gang riding down to Petchaburi...Hua Hin...

no normal production cars, capable of speeds of 250-260 km/hr.

and a + b didn't exist in Thailand (the messenger was talking 250-260 km/hr between Chonburi-Bangkok)

What about M5, Ferrari, Lambo etc?

Do you know that the cruiser speed of new Nissan GT-R is about 300 km/h?

I had BMW 740 (4.4) in 1999 and 250 km/h is normal for that car without any modifications.

250-260 km/h was an example for the possible speed on elevated way Bangkok-Chonburi.

:o you forgot one -important- sentence I wrote, Grant..."but in my younger days there were: no normal production cars, capable of speeds of 250-260 km/hr."

One can hardly consider Ferrari and Lamborghini as ''normal production'' cars; besides that, Lamborghini started making sports cars only in 1963; 45 years ago and nobody could afford them.

Most production cars weren't even able to reach speeds over 200 km/hr; an Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 1600 I owned reached a TOP speed of 180 km/hr and that was SOMETHING I tell you and considered a very fast car... :D

One cannot compare the safety of nowadays' cars with he cars from 30 or 40 years ago... impossible; but, every era has it's charms, especially the cars from back then.

The cars of today all look alike and are perfect cars, but they have no charm and only a few of them will be remembered in 30 or 40 years from now...just very very few.

In the old days we could tell from a distance, just from the noise, which car, which brand was around the corner....no more. :D

LaoPo

Back in the 70ies Lamborghinis and Ferraris were not as exorbitantly expensive as they are now. I used to own a Miura SV in the 70ies, but sold it for a Ferrari F40. With this F 40 I hit the 300 km/h several times on a race track (Monza).

Speaking of safety: The Miura was really a very difficult car to drive (at any speed), and no aircon. Lots of sweat above 200 kmh, getting downright crimial at 270, but I blew the wheels of that f.. Porsche on the autostrada between Alessandria and Milan.

The F40 was much more relaxed to drive, although this is very relative. No power brake, no ABS, no traction control, the only computer in this car is the one between your ears and the only sensor is the one at the end of your back. But what a car!

Unfortunately it got stolen. If you ever see an F40 with the chassis No. 80730, let me know. It's mine.

My top speed ever? I guess about 310 km/h, but I had no time to check, or I would miss the breaking point into the 1st chicane after start/finish in Monza.

Back in the 70ies Lamborghinis and Ferraris were not as exorbitantly expensive as they are now. I used to own a Miura SV in the 70ies, but sold it for a Ferrari F40. With this F 40 I hit the 300 km/h several times on a race track (Monza).

Ferrari F40...?

You should have bought a Ferrari 250 GTO; only 36 have been built.

One was just sold for € 20/$ 26,8/GBP 15,5 million to an unknown Brit... :o

BTW: you can check Ferrari serial numbers here:

http://www.enzoregister.barchetta.cc/

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Late summer of 1991. Ford Mustang convertible I rented from my buddy Clancy at Hertz, five liter, five speed. It really pays to be on a fist name basis with a rental car manager, he used to rent me anything I wanted for $19.95 a day, unlimited miles and full insurance.

When I drove through Baker, California on I-15, the big thermometer read 128 degrees F (53 C). Needless to say, I did not have the top down. Turned north on highway 127 and headed for Death Valley. About 20 miles north on Baker the road runs straight for over 10 miles by Dumont Dunes. You top a rise and can see the entire straight in front of you, as it runs slightly down hill, across a big valley and up the other side.

I punched the throttle all the way to the floor as soon as I saw the road was clear and let the Mustang wind up to 130 on the speedo. First thing that happened was it got real hot in the car, the AC turns off when the accelerator is on the floor to give you more power. Then, as the car picked up speed, the ride got very bumpy. The little dips and bumps in the road that you don't really notice at 70 cause the car to start catching air and bottom the springs at 130. Then I remembered that I was in a convertible, and didn't want to have to explain to Clancy why it didn't have a top anymore, so I slowed down to 70 for the rest of the trip.

Last year when I was home. PA Turnpike 2002 Mustang GT 4.6l

I get to drive her again in 6 days :o

I did about 225 (140mph) for awhile a few years ago while following a Infiniti G35 at 3am, I gave him a nice lead so if he braked for the cops, I had enough time to react.

Speaking of 5.0's I would love a 86-87 T-Top hatchback :drool: you can junkyard turbo those things for pennies.

Edited by BlackArtemis

Hi.

Sorry to be sarcastic (and off-topic) but i wish some more of Haider's kind would die in similar fashion. Bloody Nazis.

But on the other hand i still wonder why he died in that car. A Phaeton is no Coke-Can like some other cars. He probably wasn't wearing seat belts.

...you wonder...?...

well, it was misty, 01.15AM at night, overtook another car, driving 142km/hr instead allowed 70, happened in a village and he hit a concrete pole...

not so much to wonder anymore I suppose:

post-13995-1223839054_thumb.jpg

I think I don't have to translate; pictures speak for themselves:

post-13995-1223839554_thumb.jpg

LaoPo

Update:

Conservative -right winged- Austria is in shock....hearing:

Far-right Austrian leader Joerg Haider was my gay lover, reveals his successor***

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...-successor.html

*** not his successor anymore as Haider's party elected another successor; not Stefan Petzner.

LaoPo

Hi.

That guy was a shame on us gays. Just like his "big idol" whom he had so much in common with - even half of the name: H***ER. The "original" is known to have been a male prostitute in his youth and having "romantic" relationships in the closet later, while openly putting gays in the gas chambers..... oh, and he was Austrian, too!

I am speaking honest when i say: THIS time, alcohol did a GOOD job, preventing history from repeating itself. Sorry for being so direct, but this neo-nazi bunch deserves nothing but to be eradicated, no matter which way.

Regards

Thanh

My 2006 civic 2liter I used to drive 220KPH every week on the BangNa Trat highway, just couldnt help myself.

I think you will find your gauge is overreading at such speeds. I have a 2.0, previous model, and it's theoretical top speed is 208km/h. Never have had it to that speed, just 180km/h, but 208 is entirely believable.

the new version has slightly more power than the older version. 155 HP and did hit 220KPH. it could maybe do 225 if you kept it going longer.

My 2006 civic 2liter I used to drive 220KPH every week on the BangNa Trat highway, just couldnt help myself.

I think you will find your gauge is overreading at such speeds. I have a 2.0, previous model, and it's theoretical top speed is 208km/h. Never have had it to that speed, just 180km/h, but 208 is entirely believable.

the new version has slightly more power than the older version. 155 HP and did hit 220KPH. it could maybe do 225 if you kept it going longer.

Slightly more torque but same HP. That won't affect top speed. The gearing will though and I believe the gearing is the same. I only had mine up to 180 so don't know the maximum speed.

222 km/h Chonburi-Bangkok, just yesrerday

is that really possible...? unbelievable......I wouldn't even dare to try in Germany, let alone in Thailand...

Why not?

In the night time the way from North Pattaya to Suwarnabhumi take about 40 min, day time - 50-55 min

The road is quiet good, except 2-3 jumps after service area and no police in the night time. In the day time also )))

On the some autobahn in Germany even 300 km/h is possible to drive

Well, because the Highway roads I've seen in LOS are in no way the quality and smoothness as you can find them in countries like Germany; but they're even better in France, Italy and some parts of Spain. That's why I wouldn't dare to ride over 200 km/hr in Thailand.

And, maybe some are able to reach 300 km/hr for just a minute or so in Germany but it's virtually impossible to ride at that speed for 5 or more minutes at the time; I'm talking daylight and dry sunny weather. At night it's even more dangerous and impossible.

But hey, if someone wants to kill himself...go ahead; as long as you don't kill anyone else.... :o

Just to show what could happen if one rides faster than the allowed -just- 70km/hr on a non-highway, overtaking another car and passing a village in Austria (at night).....it's the car of extreme right wing leader Jorg Haider from Austria, in which he was killed, last night:

post-13995-1223759324_thumb.jpg

more photos, but in German:

http://diepresse.com/home/politik/innenpol...x.do&popup=

LaoPo

So being double the drink drive limit had nothing to do with it - only is speed ????

222 km/h Chonburi-Bangkok, just yesrerday

Thats about as quick as I have driven my Focus 2.0 S down there on the way to golf in the morning. I measured the speed also on the GPS, as the speedo on the car reads a little fast.

I did "270 kph" down the Bang Na - Trat on a CBR a few years ago.

I say "270 kph" as the official top speed of the bike was only 260 kph.

This pre-dates the over head to Chonburi and the reverse lobotomy.

CBR was 1000f variety.

Cheers

Back in 1974 Peter bought a new Mazda 1000, after running it it in he tried it for a top speed test,71 mph ! that was it,. he took it back to the garage and told the salesman,.(Peter thought there was something wrong with it ), the salesman produced a book of cars (ladybird or something it was called ) and showed him the mazda 1000 was in there with an estimated top speed of 68mph !,. he told peter he must have a good one :o

I have been over 300Kph on the Kwak zx12r a few years ago...

In my car I am atleast once a week touching 180, top speed on my jazz... If I travel to another town I will cruise at about 150kph... I just like to drive/ride fast.

You might call me stupid for driving fast, but hey, it is fun and I am sure that lots of people will agree with me.

I will NEVER drive fast past a school or a place with children close to it. DOGS or Motorbikes I do not care about...

Fastest on a bike 240km/h on 407ETR north of Toronto. Didnt realised it until I looked down at the speedo. CBR600R. Loved that bike, used to do 180-200km/h on the highways all the time at night.

Stopped doing it after a buddy died when he lost control of his bike doing 200km/h

Fastest in a car 230km/h. 401 from Toronto to Montreal. Acura NSX.

2nd fastest 200km/h. Penang to KL in friend's Proton. (she actually said I was driving slow!!!!).

Bypass road 200km/h with bike, German Autobahn a bit more than 300km/h with a Porsche(not mine).

Gerd

dam_n Gerd, you shure have some balls. Every time I ride at speed of over 200km/h, picture of wife and kid flashes in front of my eyes. Back in 90's I felt invincible but these days I definitely shit my pants. What is your ride?

Well 240 with my Saab 9000 Aero in Austria....It is slower than 120 in Thailand.

I had once a Taxi Driver who went 160 in Bangkok on the street to don muang airport (down not up) at 3 or 4 in the morning, as he thought I am late.....