Wall Street Disaster

So what are you going to do na?

Go out on the streets and join the protest?

You would be a real patriot if you did.

Dow will go down to 4-5000 1Q or 2Q next year.

did you see the smiley faces? :o:D:D

But.....Patriots dont go in the street & protest

I fully agree the dow will go there & lower

Im ready are you? :D

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you see the smiley faces? :D:D:D

Im ready are you? :D

Oh, it's far too late to protest.

There is a saying among my people: "vote from the rooftops." :o

I am sticking with my mid 7000's low prediction. Doesn't cost me a penny to say so, so why not?

I think the day will come when we look back at 7000 on the dow as those were the good days.

A fair chance you are right. Hope not!

Flying, Jingthing; why are you obsessed with the ever loss making Dow? are you some perverts or do you have too much money? :o

did you see the smiley faces? :D:(:D

Im ready are you? :P

Sure I did, no worries, just tried to be funny and forgot the :P:D

How about this?

post-21826-1227629000_thumb.jpg

How to call that?

Financial treason?

Then something to watch and get even more angry.

Your best friend in times of (lost) hope........ :D

post-21826-1227630113_thumb.jpg

And remember you are under oath :D

O yes, I am prepared......... :o

post-21826-1227629748_thumb.jpg

Let the storm begin........

:burp:

Edited by AlexLah

Flying, Jingthing; why are you obsessed with the ever loss making Dow? are you some perverts or do you have too much money? :D

Neither Im sure :o Just bored

Hey glad to see your alive & well! Doctors scare me much more than the Dow :D:D

Anyone following these developments on Wall Street?

Dow Index is bellow 8,600 (at time of writing this post), there is savage selloff going on!

Statistics show this is the worst bear market since 1973 and largest 7 day loss since 1987. We all know what happened that and following year. Another interesting info: dow lost 8 trillion dollar of its value in 1 year, how do you possibly comprehend these figures?

....it will affect us all more then you can possibly imagine.They dragging us with them. Whoever thinks this situation won't affect rest of the world is living on other planet. They are largest economy in the world, every country dreams of selling something to them...

Just watch openings in Tokyo, Singapore and Hong Kong this morning - I bet there will be widespread market trading suspensions.

maybe they are not dragging us with them,but more likely creating a situation where we will be pushed into the swamp ahead of them.

The fat cats are allready insulated against any major threat of starvation etc.

But to control the masses ,they(the joe soaps) will have to be pushed to starvation level,then a new initiative can control and help.

My stocks are really eating it now...

Give it a few years, they'll be even further down. :o

The best thing to do right now is to go short, and carefully pick which companies to hit. The government doesn't like it, but you can make just as much by shorting as you can by going long.

My stocks are really eating it now...

Give it a few years, they'll be even further down. :o

The best thing to do right now is to go short, and carefully pick which companies to hit. The government doesn't like it, but you can make just as much by shorting as you can by going long.

If you short a stock at 10 and it goes to zero, you have made 100% on the money you invested. If you buy a stock at 10 and it goes to 50, you have made 400% on the money you invested. Shorting stocks is not for novices.

If you short a stock at 10 and it goes to zero, you have made 100% on the money you invested. If you buy a stock at 10 and it goes to 50, you have made 400% on the money you invested. Shorting stocks is not for novices.

Your first two sentences are basically irrelevant to the third. Shorting may not be a novice strategy, but when the outlook for the market as a whole (and for nearly all publicly traded companies) is brutally negative, it's insane to go long. Far better at least to stay out; I argue that going short is the best of the three options, since you can actually make a little money by doing it, if you short into the con-job rallies that keep happening. Oh goody, Obama picked a SecTreas, that'll solve everything tomorrow, let's shoot up 500 points!

If you're long a stock and it collapses to near zero, as did LEH and CFC and GM and . . . , you end up with zero (or whatever pennies are left). CFC got backstopped at $5 only through major government intervention because Bernanke was afraid that their collapse would scare people out of the market. Lotta good that did. GM is above zero only because people assume the government likewise won't let it collapse entirely.

Your first two sentences are basically irrelevant to the third. Shorting may not be a novice strategy, but when the outlook for the market as a whole (and for nearly all publicly traded companies) is brutally negative, it's insane to go long. Far better at least to stay out; I argue that going short is the best of the three options, since you can actually make a little money by doing it, if you short into the con-job rallies that keep happening. Oh goody, Obama picked a SecTreas, that'll solve everything tomorrow, let's shoot up 500 points!

If you're long a stock and it collapses to near zero, as did LEH and CFC and GM and . . . , you end up with zero (or whatever pennies are left). CFC got backstopped at $5 only through major government intervention because Bernanke was afraid that their collapse would scare people out of the market. Lotta good that did. GM is above zero only because people assume the government likewise won't let it collapse entirely.

And your reply is irrelevant to me, as I don't care much for politics or stocks. I was simply replying to your earlier post where you stated:

but you can make just as much by shorting as you can by going long.

Which is not true in most markets.

post-21826-1227629748_thumb.jpg

Let the storm begin........

Alex, you'll fight the storm with gold bars valued less than 100k dollars? :D

No I just have now about 30% of my money in Gold, up from 10.

My stocks are down around 15% YTD and thinking of selling the lot before hel_l breaks loose.

Not sure what to do with the cash from that.

:o

Just listened to an interview with some Dutch banker guy that was telling that the big bang has yet to come.

The scary part was that what he was telling sounded like he read it like from a project document in stage CP 3.

What he said was: That all currencies will be devalued (debt is not) and that there will be set new exchange rates.

After that 3-4 world currencies would be used for trading as a new reserve currency.

He said it would be the Amero, the Euro and the Yen and Yuan.

Interesting times we are living in......

:D