Parma Ham

sceadugenga

Genuine Smithfield hams [are those] cut from the carcasses of peanut-fed hogs, raised in the peanut-belt of the Commonwealth of Virginia or the State of North Carolina, and which are cured, treated, smoked, and processed in the town of Smithfield, in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

I wonder how Smithfield hams compare with Parma ham?

Genuine Smithfield hams [are those] cut from the carcasses of peanut-fed hogs, raised in the peanut-belt of the Commonwealth of Virginia or the State of North Carolina, and which are cured, treated, smoked, and processed in the town of Smithfield, in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

prolly as related as Pizza is to that (oven baked / fried in a pan) round flat bread luridly overloaded with toppings, all things and sundry, as seen in NY. These world's culinary & cultural terrorists keep calling that abomination pizza.

How do you eat Parma ham?

I bought some today on another board members recommendation and I'm not sure if it has to be cooked or not... it seems a little.... uncooked.

The Mrs, who's lived in Europe, helped herself to a slice and said it was arroy so I gave the deciding vote to the dog who said it was the best he'd ever eaten.

So I made a sandwich and it was very nice but I was wondering if it's used in cooking.

Sliced as thinly as possible it just melts in your mouth. I have it on my Panini menu with fresh tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella.

that's good, my favourite is to have it in a focaccia type flat bread (we call it pizza bianca) post-7932-1226734408_thumb.jpg still tepid from oven, sprinkled with rock salt slice opened add generous amount of prosciutto and few peeled red figs post-7932-1226734546_thumb.jpg

Heavenly flavours, salty & sweet ricocheting in your mouth, all of course washed down with a generous glass of chilled crispy Frascati post-7932-1226734766_thumb.jpg

:opost-7932-1226734702.jpg

prolly as related as Pizza is to that (oven baked / fried in a pan) round flat bread luridly overloaded with toppings, all things and sundry, as seen in NY. These world's culinary & cultural terrorists keep calling that abomination pizza.

In other words, the Smithfield ham is probably much better as is the New York pizza. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

In other words, the Smithfield ham is probably much better as is the New York pizza. :o

said the Guantamo Bay head chef when feeding his undernourished, diarrhoea prone charges with NY bread & pig meat :D

Edited by Sarge