Panic over!

I typed 16 43 46.06 N, 101 56 0.44 W instead of 16 43 46.06 N, 101 56 0.44 E

Cheers

I had probs with that location too, the amended one. :D

Graham, it looks like an oasis. Well done! :o:D

Edited by GungaDin

I had probs with that location too, the amended one. :D

Graham, it looks like an oasis. Well done! :o:D

Is this right or have I made another hash of it?

Dare I say it looks in the middle of erm........ nowhere.

Cheers

That looks right - i know what your saying on the map it looks like that but it's not really, it's 10 km off the 201, a fair part of that is populated by villages

Anyone got other photos of Frarang pubs, Cafes and restaurants in Chumphae?

Although I've been here a while I don't really frequent Chump hae that much other than for shopping and banking

The only farang pub I know is Lemon Tree but there could be more that i don't know about. I also know there is a Coyote type bar but haven't been there yet, I'm not 100% where it is but have got some information on the general vicinity, it's on my to do list

Here are some pics of the lemon tree, I've lifted these off anther site so cant vouch for the size or quality

post-18769-1229905650.jpg

post-18769-1229905793.jpg

post-18769-1229905826.jpg

Hi all who live in Chum Phae or close to it

I live in the area also, just off the 201 at Nanongthum, I've got my house and restaurant / bar there

Would be good to make contact with anyone in the area

My GPS position is 16.72946 North, 101.933456 East

Graham

Hi Graham,

Will gladly look you up and buy a few beers from you when I return to Phu Pha Man in january. I still cant get your coordinates to make sense on Google earth though. 16.72946 101.933456 made sense if you are Nth East from Phu Pha Man mountain.

The second lot put you in the bush Sth West from Phu Pha Man...

Andy

I live in the area also, just off the 201 at Nanongthum, I've got my house and restaurant / bar there

Graham

Hi Graham,

Will gladly look you up and buy a few beers from you when I return to Phu Pha Man in january. I still cant get your coordinates to make sense on Google earth though. 16.72946 101.933456 made sense if you are Nth East from Phu Pha Man mountain.

Andy

Ahhhh, just looked at the map you posted and the first set of coordinates matches the map, only 15 minutes or so from my place Graham, I will give you a pm closer to the time.

Andy

Graham

Hi Graham,

Andy

Ahhhh, just looked at the map you posted and the first set of coordinates matches the map, only 15 minutes or so from my place Graham, I will give you a pm closer to the time.

Andy

Sorry guys you are having so many problems, I'm lifting the link straight off Google Maps. If you are interested in visiting sometime just drop me a line I will ensure you don't get lost.

Andy yes for sure you are only 15 minutes away and I am NE of Phu Pha Man, if you speak to your wife/gf she will know for sure where I am. Huai Muang my village it's pretty well known place in the area

Cheers G

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just been reading all the posts on this topice.

I am away working at the mo but back in Feb, i live a bit further up north outside Si Chomphu, but often visit Chum Phae to do banking / pick up bits and bobs etc....

I will try and see if I get time to check out some of these venues when I am back next.

Take it easy and enjoy.

Boing Boing

I am an Austrian and live about 35 km south from Chumphe, between Phukiau and Kean Khro in Ban Thadthong, about 4 km to the right from the main road Chumphe-Chayaphum.

I now some years here, but got some news in that Thread which I did not know.

I come to Chumphe only sometime, my GF shops on the market than. Usualy I went to Khon Kaen or Chayaphum, which has now a lot of shop-centers to do my shopping.

In Chumphe and surroundings, I do not know any falang, have only contact to two falang in my village, a German and a Danish guy.

Where is the probably best place in Chumphe to meet other falangs, in day or nighttime?

Was there not a building sight for a LOTUS market in Chumphe, my GF told me something like that? Did it open already?

If anybody likes to visit me, maybe like big dogs, I have a bunch of them in my garden, let me know.

Kind regards, Alfred

Ok, thanks, Gary,

By the way, my Ex-GF lives now in your, (Loei) Province, near Phru Kradueng mountain, with her new lover, a Thai Policeman.

Anyway my fault and I have nothing to put mak and better also not do, Policeman!