Black Screen

crabstix

I used my laptop yesterday. Everything worked perfectly. I left the house and came back 4 hours later. When I turned it on, the keyboard lights lit up blue as normal but the screen was totally black. The XP logo even doesnt come up now. Normally I can hear he fan turning. There's no sound now. My one year warranty period ran out 3 weeks ago. It was a compaq presario v3000 model V3443AU. Where can I take it for repair? Or will it be cheaper for me to buy a new one? I paid 21,300 baht for it. It has AMD Turion X2, 1GB RAM, 160GB hard drive.

I used my laptop yesterday. Everything worked perfectly. I left the house and came back 4 hours later. When I turned it on, the keyboard lights lit up blue as normal but the screen was totally black. The XP logo even doesnt come up now. Normally I can hear he fan turning. There's no sound now. My one year warranty period ran out 3 weeks ago. It was a compaq presario v3000 model V3443AU. Where can I take it for repair? Or will it be cheaper for me to buy a new one? I paid 21,300 baht for it. It has AMD Turion X2, 1GB RAM, 160GB hard drive.

Take it to the HP service center. They might be lenient with the warranty, it's just 3 weeks out. A friend of mine was successful with this, he told them he just didn't have time to come earlier (which was the truth, actually). In addition, it might be something very simple. This is Thailand so a repair may be reasonably cheap, like BHT 1000 or something. On the other hand something major might be broken in which case you'll have to buy a new one. Screen, logic board, whatever.