90 Day Reporting Thingy.

Bit confused, probably due to age but when do the imm. start the 90 days? From the date that they stamp the one year extension or from the date when the 90 day O visa ends and then the one year extension begins?

Example: I get my extension stamped on the 1st Nov but my visa finishes on the 1st Dec and they start the one year extension from that date. Which date do the imm. use for the 90 day report thingy?

I hope I have made myself clear.

Bit confused, probably due to age but when do the imm. start the 90 days? From the date that they stamp the one year extension or from the date when the 90 day O visa ends and then the one year extension begins?

Example: I get my extension stamped on the 1st Nov but my visa finishes on the 1st Dec and they start the one year extension from that date. Which date do the imm. use for the 90 day report thingy?

I hope I have made myself clear.

90 days from 1st Nov. They should have told you but this is Thailand.

It sounds like the OP was NOT on his first extension. If that is the case his 90 days would be from his last entry or his last report.

If immigration did the 90 day report for him when they gave the extension, it would be from that date.

If in fact that is the first extension, that date is the one to use.

Imm has always given me the next date to report, usually stapled to my passport if I did it in person.

1.90 day count strarts on the the day you first enter Thailand.

2. Count gets reset on the date you make application for extension.(Why? Because you gave address on TM7 and had contact with immigration and they put a stamp in passport with that date.)

3. Leave Thailand and return count restarts on date you enter.

4. Make application for extension count gets reset again from date of application.

5, Make application for extension count gets reset again from date of application unless you do 3 in between.

And on and on and on. (except for 1 unless you drop visa extensions)

Edited by ubonjoe

1.90 day count strarts on the the day you first enter Thailand.

2. Count gets reset on the date you make application for extension.(Why? Because you gave address on TM7 and had contact with immigration and they put a stamp in passport with that date.)

3. Leave Thailand and return count restarts on date you enter.

4. Make application for extension count gets reset again from date of application.

5, Make application for extension count gets reset again from date of application unless you do 3 in between.

And on and on and on. (except for 1 unless you drop visa extensions)

Only the first application of an extension of stay counts as a 90 day report.