It's In The Post!

Doesn't time fly.....

I can't believe its been 2 years, but the ILR application is in the post.

Finger nail biting time now. I know the published turnaround times, but does anyone know how long decisions are taking at the moment?

Also, how will they let us know and is there any way we can check its progress - like way back when we applied for the settlement visa and could check online?

We found no news is good news. We waited 3 weeks (July 07) and had all the paperwork returned to us and inside the wife's passport was the newly attached ILR. Now we are at the stage of awaiting the citizenship application result.

Best thoughts for you both

Janner

• 4 weeks later...

It's been 4 weeks now since we sent off the ILR application

Trying not to worry, but can't help it.

Does anyone know what the current turnaround times are?

I know the official target times and also that they won't let me enquire for 14 weeks, so just trying to get any idea how long they are taking at the moment.

Also, how will we find out - will it just be a letter with the passports returned, addressed to my wife?

I've no fingernails left at all, so any feedback would be welcomed.

Thanks,

DC

It's been 4 weeks now since we sent off the ILR application

Trying not to worry, but can't help it.

Does anyone know what the current turnaround times are?

I know the official target times and also that they won't let me enquire for 14 weeks, so just trying to get any idea how long they are taking at the moment.

Also, how will we find out - will it just be a letter with the passports returned, addressed to my wife?

I've no fingernails left at all, so any feedback would be welcomed.

Thanks,

DC

It's taking them ages to do anything at the moment in my opinion. Maybe they have increased demand now, or the changes in immigration announced recently has caused them to sit on applications. I sent my wife's FLR application in 6 weeks ago. We received a standard acknowledgement letter a couple of days later, but have heard nothing since. One or two other members of the forum have also said they haven't heard anything for roughly the same time period.

Thanks Charlie,

At least its not just us.

When they quote 70% decided within 4 weeks and you go past this you start to wonder if there is anything wrong.

I guess its just a case of keep waiting. The last 4 weeks have gone past pretty quick, so I suppose we can wait a few more.

Good luck with your application.

If you can post when you get yours (fingers crossed) then we can see how long they are actually taking at the moment.

Thanks again, DC.

Thanks Charlie,

At least its not just us.

When they quote 70% decided within 4 weeks and you go past this you start to wonder if there is anything wrong.

I guess its just a case of keep waiting. The last 4 weeks have gone past pretty quick, so I suppose we can wait a few more.

Good luck with your application.

If you can post when you get yours (fingers crossed) then we can see how long they are actually taking at the moment.

Thanks again, DC.

Will do. keeping my fingers crossed that it will come any day now.