David Moyes - Great Manager?

macanello

well they cant get a new stadium solved so they spent the money on the manager. nothing wrong with stability at the top but a 5 year contract seems a bit much for mid table, unless of course that is what you are happy with.

I don't think it's about what they're happy with, it's just that they have no choice..

Everton have a Multi Millionaire Owner, in the Prem these days to break the Top 4 & be successful in the way you're implying, you need a Billionaire Owner..

Moyes will give Everton the stability of regular Premiership Football, the odd possible UEFA Cup qualification in those 5 years too & who knows, if they do get bought out by a Billionaire, then he might be able to compete with the Top Clubs, & that applies to every other Club in the Prem..

For the chasing Pack outside of the Top 4 & Man City, success = 6th Place, UEFA Cup Qualification & a possible Cup, there is no chance of anything else & that too applies for every other Club in the Prem.

he's a spoofer. has made a few astute signings but encourages his team to play sunday league pub football and is absolutely incapable of changing a game tactically in order to win it.

Do I sense a hint of bias from a Liverpool fan? no ok. :o

He hasnt spent much money and is the only manager to get a team in the top 4 in the last however many years.

Whilst he isnt a great manager he isnt a bad one, however a 5 year contrct when Everton are in the process of selling the club is a strange move, maybe the extra couple of years is what he was holding out for.

He hasnt spent much money and is the only manager to get a team in the top 4 in the last however many years.

Whilst he isnt a great manager he isnt a bad one, however a 5 year contrct when Everton are in the process of selling the club is a strange move, maybe the extra couple of years is what he was holding out for.

Sort of echoing Singh and spiderman (and ignoring the other git) he has probably done as well as could reasonably be hoped for, and there's no point changing because nobody else could be expected to do any better with the same resources.

But it's still looking like a long, hard season.

when Everton are in the process of selling the club

Are they? I've missed that one. I might let the Abu's know. We could use them as a feeder club :o

They gadgy thats arranging the sale of Newcastle is selling them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ton/7669068.stm

Keith Harris, chairman of investment bank Seymour Pierce, has revealed he is hopeful of finding a buyer for Everton.

Chairman Bill Kenwright has indicated he is willing to sell and has asked Harris to help conduct the search.

Harris said he is "quietly confident" over Newcastle's proposed sale and told BBC Radio 5 Live that he was similarly optimistic about Everton. He said: "Bill is passionately clear it is is going to be someone who really does care for Everton in the future."

Harris added: "Bill has been very straightforward. First and foremost he is the most enormous Everton fan."

Kenwright admitted at a recent EGM called by fans who were unhappy about Everton's proposed ground move to Kirkby that the club needed to find a new billionaire owner.

Harris said: "It is not going to be hot money or people who want to do all sorts of strange things with it. It is somebody who is going to carry on the tradition. "A big talking point has been the ground and you have heard Bill come out on that. It is very difficult for clubs to compete at the highest level if they can't get 55,000 or 60,000 people to come to watch them."

15m pounds on fellaini is madness. nobody had heard of the kid before he played two alright games against liverpool in the european cup qualifying round. 5m would have been too much.

15m pounds on fellaini is madness. nobody had heard of the kid before he played two alright games against liverpool in the european cup qualifying round. 5m would have been too much.

so is 24m on r keane ,over the top player now

20m on keane, proven premiership quality, we're top of the league. hardly comparable to 15m on a streak of piss nobody had ever heard of is it?

FWIW i do think we paid slightly over the odds for keane but you want quality, you pay up.

20m on keane, proven premiership quality, we're top of the league. hardly comparable to 15m on a streak of piss nobody had ever heard of is it?

FWIW i do think we paid slightly over the odds for keane but you want quality, you pay up.

Well, considering the afforementioned streak of piss has helped single handedly to get Everton 4/6 points in the last two games and Roy Keane's younger brother has how many goals this year, I would say the jury is still out.

Put keano in Everton and streak of piss at Liverpool and I wonder wonder wonder...who got the better deal?

Well, considering the afforementioned streak of piss has helped single handedly to get Everton 4/6 points in the last two games and Roy Keane's younger brother has how many goals this year, I would say the jury is still out.

Put keano in Everton and streak of piss at Liverpool and I wonder wonder wonder...who got the better deal?

it's still no contest whichever way you look at it. nobody had heard of fellaini before this summer, he's an unknown 20-year old belgian and moyes spent almost as much on him as ferguson paid for hargreaves and carrick and liverpool paid for mascherano. it's mental. standard liege aren't a big or rich club, if moyes had bid as much as 5m they'd have snapped his hand off.

it's still no contest whichever way you look at it. nobody had heard of fellaini before this summer, he's an unknown 20-year old belgian and moyes spent almost as much on him as ferguson paid for hargreaves and carrick and liverpool paid for mascherano. it's mental. standard liege aren't a big or rich club, if moyes had bid as much as 5m they'd have snapped his hand off.

well, thus far I am not sure 20 odd million on mr keane - someone we all heard of before - is such a great deal for you, yet. Let's see. Afterall, the kid at Everton doesn't have Torres and Gerrard feeding him the ball or creating openings.