Pong Nam Ron - Prum

thailand11

Almudena:

Can you remember the name of the shop you booked this visa run with ???  1700 baht is a good price... I would like to try their service  for my next visa run.

That puzzled me a bit............1700 baht sounds like a coach as opposed to a mini-bus and i never realised any coaches did that run. I know the outfit in Soi Bourkhao opposite the end of Soi Lengkee do the run but have never used them..........i have used in the past 5 Star visa Runs who operate out of The Sportsman Soi 13 2300 baht last time i went.........would use them again.

Booked it through:-

CAMBODIA INTER TRAVEL LTD

261/5 SOI BUAKHAO

TEL: 038-421590

If you go along Soi Buakhao (from Pattaya Tai, they are on the right side of the road with a blue sign that says "visa run to Cambodia 1700baht". They even ring you up the night before to comfirm.

I was expecting a coach to pick us up as I travel better on coaches opposed to minibuses. But to my surprise it was a minibus. There were 8 of us in the minibus. No entertainment, but comfertable.

As I said before the cost for me was 1700baht and 400baht for my Thai wife (as she likes shopping in Cambodia). There is a market near by the Cambodian immagration office for shopping while you wait to get your passport back as this company has a Cambodian representive who takes care of everything so you don´t have to queue and wait and because of this representive, this is why they can do it so cheap.

As before I´ve used the border at Klong Yai and paid 1300baht for the visa PLUS they want an extra 300 for leaving the same day.

So before this new border opened I´d started useing the border at Mea Sot (TAK) as with the train fare and hotel to get up there and back from Pattaya was cheaper than useing Klong Yai.

At the moment they run a bus only twice weekly, but I´m sure this will increase to a daily service with demand.

Freindly tip for EU passport holders:- When you get your passport back and you have been re-admitted back into Thailand. Very carefuly peel off the visa from Cambodia as qickly as possable before the glue dries. Then you have a free page left. As 30/46 page passports don´t last very long when you have to do visa runs. :o

Edited by Almudena

Almudena:

Can you remember the name of the shop you booked this visa run with ???  1700 baht is a good price... I would like to try their service  for my next visa run.

That puzzled me a bit............1700 baht sounds like a coach as opposed to a mini-bus and i never realised any coaches did that run. I know the outfit in Soi Bourkhao opposite the end of Soi Lengkee do the run but have never used them..........i have used in the past 5 Star visa Runs who operate out of The Sportsman Soi 13 2300 baht last time i went.........would use them again.

261/5 SOI BUAKHAO

If you go along Soi Buakhao (from Pattaya Tai, they are on the right side of the road with a blue sign that says "visa run to Cambodia 1700baht". They even ring you up the night before to comfirm.

I was expecting a coach to pick us up as I travel better on coaches opposed to minibuses. But to my surprise it was a minibus. There were 8 of us in the minibus. No entertainment, but comfertable.

As I said before the cost for me was 1700baht and 400baht for my Thai wife (as she likes shopping in Cambodia). There is a market near by the Cambodian immagration office for shopping while you wait to get your passport back as this company has a Cambodian representive who takes care of everything so you don´t have to queue and wait and because of this representive, this is why they can do it so cheap.

As before I´ve used the border at Klong Yai and paid 1300baht for the visa PLUS they want an extra 300 for leaving the same day.

So before this new border opened I´d started useing the border at Mea Sot (TAK) as with the train fare and hotel to get up there and back from Pattaya was cheaper than useing Klong Yai.

At the moment they run a bus only twice weekly, but I´m sure this will increase to a daily service with demand.

Freindly tip for EU passport holders:- When you get your passport back and you have been re-admitted back into Thailand. Very carefuly peel off the visa from Cambodia as qickly as possable before the glue dries. Then you have a free page left. As 30/46 page passports don´t last very long when you have to do visa runs. :o

I would add the comment:

I would DEFINITELY NOT EVER remove ANY visa out of my passport.... just asking for trouble doing that.

Once you have left Cambodia you are not obliged to keep that visa-sticker in your passport as they have already stamped your passport.

So far I´ve taken out 6 Cambodian visa-stickers in the past and never been questioned or challenged by Thai or Cambodian Immagration officers.

Edited by Almudena

Once you have left Cambodia you are not obliged to keep that visa-sticker in your passport as they have already stamped your passport.

So far I´ve taken out 6 Cambodian visa-stickers in the past and never been questioned or challenged by Thai or Cambodian Immagration officers.

So long as you understand it's illegal to do so and still decide to do it... then..

of course...

it's...

entirely...

up to you... I never would.

I wish you further continued good luck not having encountered any problems thus far.

Really, Is that a new Cambodian Law, or some other international treaty that Cambodia is Probably not a signatory to ?

Please elaborate - I understood it was illegal, as it is an official Govt Document being fixed into another Government Document - Tha passport you carry, which actually belongs to the issuing government.

There's always the 1st time! :o

I've seen some bad advice/suggestions on this forum,

but this pearl wins hands-down

NEVER remove a visa sticker.

What will you reply when Thai Immi asks you why you removed a visa.

Mate, I'm nominating you for <deleted> OF THE MONTH. :D

It's thinkers like him that will jeopardize the relative ease of that particular border run.

...but Immigration officials reading this forum will no doubt be on the look-out now for "visa removers" and handle them accordingly.

The saving grace is that Immigration Detention Center doesn't have internet access to further propagate his nonsense.

It's thinkers like him that will jeopardize the relative ease of that particular border run.

...but Immigration officials reading this forum will no doubt be on the look-out now for "visa removers" and handle them accordingly.

The saving grace is that Immigration Detention Center doesn't have internet access to further propagate his nonsense.

Hear hear. :o

Please elaborate - I understood it was illegal, as it is an official Govt Document being fixed into another Government Document - Tha passport you carry, which actually belongs to the issuing government.

Don't know about illegal - but certainly inadvisable.

I did it a few weeks ago - my passport was full, as I travel to/from Singapore every ten days or so. No time to get a new passport in Thailand - the consulate takes too long and I do not live in BKK.

So I took out one old Cambo visa. The Immi. people at Changi asked me if there had previously been a visa on that page, as there is a slight smudge of ink there. I said yes - 'cos there was no other space. They 'advised' me that I should never do that again.

I know it's easy to peel them off, but please do not do so.

• 4 years later...

and where is this pong nam? i cannot find it on the map. i really like to know fr driving there myselfes

Almudena:

Can you remember the name of the shop you booked this visa run with ??? 1700 baht is a good price... I would like to try their service for my next visa run.

261/5 SOI BUAKHAO

Not only is it still there, but they're doing a bit of road construction. When I first went 3 years ago, you had to park, get out of your car, and walk over a bridge to Cambodian immigration. I went 2 months ago, and they have opened a road across the bridge. You can now drive into Cambodia at this border crossing.

I think there are 2 crossing points in Pong Nam Ron, the first one I went to a few years back was Bang Leam, more recently I have been going to Banpakkad which is significantly bigger (or it's going to be judging by the amount of building work going on either side of the Thai immigration point)