The Off Topic Thread

bkkjames

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only on LoS, NZ too.

Neva seen tea money being paid.

A reader writes: "On a recent trip to Paihia I received a parking ticket for reversing my car into a parking space. Resigned to the fact I had broken some obscure rule, I retreated to a cafe across the road from the car park to lick my wounds. It was then I noticed the bright young fellow who was administering the tickets. Tourist vehicles were ticketed with passion, and the sound of the coffers at the Far North District Council expanding with fines from tourists was almost audible. However, I also observed that vehicles driven by locals were allowed to park for as long as they liked, facing any way they liked, on yellow lines, on the footpath and anywhere there was a space. Clearly there is one rule for tourists and one for locals."

My mum drove a taxi in the 60s, owned 2, always had a five pound note folded in her licence booklet.

Many warnings, many disappearing fivers.....LOL...but no tickets.

Happens in all countries.

Edited by Zpete

thats not me.

wasnt on the beach for long maybe like a couple hours because i was busy having the beer competition with my dad and bro. nice weekend ever!

you ever play 'caps' tithi? you sit on the floor with a your legs open and bottle of beer in the middle near your crotch. you take turns with a partner trying to throw a bottle cap at the other persons bottle - trying to knock of the bottle cap that is sitting upside down on top of your opponents bottle.

each time you knock it off, they have to drink. good fun.

• 3 months later...