The Off Topic Thread

bkkjames

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, BKK one of the worst places to go out, very boring. Jakarta already better.

But anyway I think I will not go out, very exciting!

:unsure:

I have just come back from Jakarta as a stopover from Sydney, let me know the palces to go, I was their 5 nights, thought it low key compared to BKK. I admit to knowing Bangkok as have a Condo there for approx 7 years and stay 9 months a year in this great City. I hunted around Jakarta but thought it tame, even had a Taxi driver show me some hot spots, found the nightlife about as hot as Koh Chang.

Edited by alina

Depends a bit what you are looking for Alina.

Don't go to the big disco's as most people in there will just be at their table swinging their heads from left to right on Micky mouse dance music

and obviously are under the influence of some powdery substance in the form of a pill.

Better check out the 4 and 5 star hotels as all have life music played by very good bands from Indonesia and Philippines. Most of them play a mix of golden oldies, new modern songs and expect a lot of Latin as this seem to be very popular.

I had great times in the Grand Hyat which has a big disco and play good dance, hip hop and r&B kinda stuff. Another hotel is the Parklane which serves one of the best steaks i have ever tasted and I have been in more than 65 countries all around the world.

The nice thing about Indonesia (at least in my experience) is that when you go out there it is very easy to get in contact with the locals as a lot of them speak English and enjoy having a good time having no problem buying some drinks for you while talking and dancing and even let you join them to other places.

Party life in JKT is 24/7 if you know where to go, but you can find out while talking with the locals.

Although Indonesia being a Muslim country, believe me, you can find everything there.

I even performed on stage with a famous Indonesian lady singer ( with a voice like Taylor Dane)and we sang My Endless love together which resulted in some people from the crowd inviting me for drinks and talks and shown around visiting different places, driven around by the chauffeurs of the filthy rich.

:w00t:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...