I Need An Authorized Canon Repair Shop

vagabond48

Is there Canon authorized or reliable repair shop? My Canon Powershot A520 digital camera is about 3 years old and I am planning to get another at the right time but would still like to keep this one as a spare if it can be repaired at a reasonable price. If possible, I would prefer a shop that doesn't also sell cameras.

While in Laos recently, some rain (very little) got into the body so it stopped turning on unless I let it sit in the sun for several hours which evaporates the moisture and brings the camera comes back to life until the moisture inside condenses back at night. To further complicate the problem, I was about to leave a GH in Laos and the camera died while the lens was extended so I gently (I thought) push the lens back in the body. Now, although the camera turns after being "solar generated", the lens won't extend out and of course, I still have moisture in the body.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

There is a repair center/dealer closer to airport plaza. I'm sorry I don't know the name of the highway but you can get the directions from anyone that sells Cannon. Just a word of caution I took a photo printer that was less than 1 year old and they told me the part to fix it cost more than a new printer???

I had a similar problem, I ended up going to a good camera shop, they forwarded the camera to Canon in Bangkok. I had to pay 2,000 Baht security against the repairs.

I purchased a new one anyhow and wanted this as a spare. Well it took 8 weeks to come back, but the total repair job was 190 Baht, it works like new and I got the balance of the money back.

This are the name of shops that they have service for canon camera. You can try to call and check the price but I think is better if you go there and show them what is the problem of your camera.

1) Suthep Uprakorn , 239-241 Thapae road. Tel 0-5327-6246

2) Yim Ngam, 12 Chang Klan. Tel 0-5327-6286

3) Den Chai trading,17/2 Ratchavitee road. Tel. 0-5321-1450

This are the name of shops that they have service for canon camera. You can try to call and check the price but I think is better if you go there and show them what is the problem of your camera.

1) Suthep Uprakorn , 239-241 Thapae road. Tel 0-5327-6246

2) Yim Ngam, 12 Chang Klan. Tel 0-5327-6286

3) Den Chai trading,17/2 Ratchavitee road. Tel. 0-5321-1450

None of the above offer "in house" repairs unless it is a simple problem, and cannot even give you quotes for repairs, they will send the camera to Canon in Bangkok.

I would advise you to go to the Canon service centre on Om Muang Road near Airport Plaza and let them send it to Bangkok for you. They can only service printers, and perform simple repairs there, but have the technical staff trained byCanon, and can give you an idea of cost.

I have used them in the past, and found their service excellent.

Do you happen to know a workshop where the use nitrogen?? I f yes, open up the camera as far as you can, take out the battery/memory card . Softly blow nitrogen in and over the camera, it will take the moist along with it. After doing so, wrap the camera in a lengthy piece of cloth so it can regain temperature again, without condensation. Worked for me. :o

Canon Service Centre on Mahidol Road, opposite the big Mazda dealer and about 1 Km from Airport Plaza repairs point and shoot cameras and the entry level DSLRs. Very helpful and OK prices. The centre is on the side of the road heading towards Airport Plaza and has a big sign, as does the Mazda Dealer on the other side. Hard to miss.

• 3 years later...

In Chiang Mai, the Canon Service Centre is listed at 146 Rat Chiang Sean Rd. That's just east of Chiang Mai Gate, outside the moat beside the Bangkok Gas Station.

See map.

It's only been 3 years since this topic was current :whistling: , hopefully he has found it by now or bought a Nikon...... :lol:

In Chiang Mai, the Canon Service Centre is listed at 146 Rat Chiang Sean Rd. That's just east of Chiang Mai Gate, outside the moat beside the Bangkok Gas Station.

See map.

It's only been 3 years since this topic was current :whistling: , hopefully he has found it by now or bought a Nikon...... :lol:

Yeah, I did find it. It was on the super highway which starts from Mahidol going East on 1141. They actually check my 3 year old camera (at the time)and cleaned it for free. :D