Where Is Gold Going In This Market

400 oz bars they will not post the price...nor can I pay it :lol:

serves you right. you shouldn't have stashed that much Unobtainium in your basement. and the same applies to those barrels of Latinum which you keep in your garage for diversification. :ph34r:

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

400 oz bars they will not post the price...nor can I pay it :lol:

serves you right. you shouldn't have stashed that much Unobtainium in your basement. and the same applies to those barrels of Latinum which you keep in your garage for diversification. :ph34r:

Yeah ....Just glad I have those dilithium crystals capable of 1.21 jiggawatts!! :D

Mining stocks are also impacted by bull and bear market sentiment so you can see your mining stock decrease as gold prices increase.

that's a generalising and irrelevant claim without any basis. here are the facts of mining shares which i bought may 27, 2010 when the price for physical gold was $1,220/ounce. today gold is up 11%, mining shares are up 74%. two other mines which i own have an excellent performance too, not as good as the first one i mentioned but beating physical by many lengths.

next!

So your basis for disproving my argument is to provide one counter example? You really should try to base your analysis on the big picture not just jump to conclusions based on one item that happens to be in front of you at any given time. Its whats known as being a 'puppy analyst' aka (no attention span) normally the inexperienced analyst in the office who jumps to a conclusion based on the last headline on CNBC news or his sector stock has increased therefore all stocks in his sector will increase etc etc.

I'm not saying you are a puppy analyst- just that some of your postings here, normally one sentence statements that are all embracing or all dismissing, are a classic example of such analysis.

:jap:

Edited by ExpatJ

So your basis for disproving my argument is to provide one counter example? You really should try to base your analysis on the big picture not just jump to conclusions based on one item that happens to be in front of you at any given time.

i did not analyse, i presented facts. i am an investor who's target is to achieve yield which is turned into hard cash. neither me nor my wife can buy things with "big pictures". we need cash to do so because we don't know any shops who accept "big pictures" as payment.

moreover, i did not cite a single example. in this thread you will find three examples. as opposed to some others who submit unsubstantiated claims which might or might not be true, i submit hard facts which can be verified without ifs and buts.

next!

next...

thatll be me then.

this thread is a reacharound, u tug me, ill tug you. with only those that way inclined receiving any 'benefit'.

personally i've started to do the opposite of what some of the residents here 'advise' and since then im up.

when i followed the 'reccomendations' i lost every time, only dribs n drabs but they all add up as im sure the reachers are aware.

anyway, best of luck and take this 130 pages of wasted bandwidth with a quarter pinch of msg.

ef

next...

thatll be me then.

this thread is a reacharound, u tug me, ill tug you. with only those that way inclined receiving any 'benefit'.

personally i've started to do the opposite of what some of the residents here 'advise' and since then im up.

when i followed the 'reccomendations' i lost every time, only dribs n drabs but they all add up as im sure the reachers are aware.

anyway, best of luck and take this 130 pages of wasted bandwidth with a quarter pinch of msg.

ef

I have to agree- if you are interested in stocks, check out the thai stocks thread here- interesting analysis and constructive comments (whereas this thread seems to have an average poster age of 17 :rolleyes: )

So your basis for disproving my argument is to provide one counter example? You really should try to base your analysis on the big picture not just jump to conclusions based on one item that happens to be in front of you at any given time.

i did not analyse, i presented facts. i am an investor who's target is to achieve yield which is turned into hard cash. neither me nor my wife can buy things with "big pictures". we need cash to do so because we don't know any shops who accept "big pictures" as payment.

moreover, i did not cite a single example. in this thread you will find three examples. as opposed to some others who submit unsubstantiated claims which might or might not be true, i submit hard facts which can be verified without ifs and buts.

next!

"i did not analyse"

Yes, that's my point.

do you really think if non-phys gold drops 200 dollar an ounce your local goldshop will buy your physical gold at non-phys minus 50 dollars? :unsure:

Of course. If paper gold falls to $1,160 (down $200) then any gold shop will be happy to buy my real gold for $1,110. Are you really suggesting that they wouldn't?

do you really think if non-phys gold drops 200 dollar an ounce your local goldshop will buy your physical gold at non-phys minus 50 dollars? :unsure:

Of course. If paper gold falls to $1,160 (down $200) then any gold shop will be happy to buy my real gold for $1,110. Are you really suggesting that they wouldn't?

no i am not and you did not understand my question.

next!

"i did not analyse"

Yes, that's my point.

do you have something to say which makes sense?

next...

thatll be me then.

ef

you shorted gold Edgar? :o

Mining stocks are also impacted by bull and bear market sentiment so you can see your mining stock decrease as gold prices increase.

that's a generalising and irrelevant claim without any basis. here are the facts of mining shares which i bought may 27, 2010 when the price for physical gold was $1,220/ounce. today gold is up 11%, mining shares are up 74%. two other mines which i own have an excellent performance too, not as good as the first one i mentioned but beating physical by many lengths.

next!

One miner over a few months? Enroll in a logic class.

next!

i don't need logic when i count my profits and i don't extrapolate based on three (not one) positions in my portfolio. what i did was submitting hard evidence that

is flawed and can't be applied in all cases. and you Sir, should perhaps enroll in a reading class or buy reading glasses. :lol:

next!

crusaders should consider to enroll in counting fingers classes. reason: "one plus two" does not equal one. empiric research will prove without any doubt that the result of "one plus two" equals "three".

looking at the "big picture" yesterday i realised that one of my commandments (# 9-a²/z™) :D had come into effect which says

"if an asset or its underlying loses >5% within 5 trading days it should be liquidated without the slightest hesitation."

therefore i divorced my three goldmines on rather short notice.

looking at the "big picture" yesterday i realised that one of my commandments (# 9-a²/z™) :D had come into effect which says

"if an asset or its underlying loses >5% within 5 trading days it should be liquidated without the slightest hesitation."

therefore i divorced my three goldmines on rather short notice.

Well if you have a premise or commandments & they are reached then emotionless is the way to go & you did ;)

Chok dee

i don't think many investors exist who are free from emotions and bias. after all we are human beings and not machines. but letting emotions dominate investment decisions leads in many cases to losses or even disaster. in my [not so] humble opinion strict guidelines are a must and i rather forego potential additional profits which might turn out to be losses. that's what personal experience (the best teacher) taught me.

i don't need logic when i count my profits and i don't extrapolate based on three (not one) positions in my portfolio. what i did was submitting hard evidence that

is flawed and can't be applied in all cases. and you Sir, should perhaps enroll in a reading class or buy reading glasses. :lol:

Three miners over a few months? Stay enrolled in that logic class.

'All cases' are your words, his word was 'can'.

I just sold 50% of my gold this morning.

I expect it to go about 5-10% lower, maybe more, in the next few months.

The 50% almost covers my initial purchase. (In euros i might add, not in baht). When it hits around 1150US$ i think i start looking to buy again, depending on conditions at that time.

QE2 effects on goldprice are minimal, i think the stockmarket is going to have a correction especially when the Greeks and Irish get into trouble. If more asians countries start to raise interest rates gold will be less interesting. Once the stockmarket correction hits i think the goldprice will go down with it.

That will be a good moment to buy because more bailouts will be done and more money will be printed.

If i am wrong i still have the other 50%. :)

If i am wrong i still have the other 50%. :)

Was that physical you sold?

I am surprised only because I tended to see it opposite & thought folks who did not have

physical may want to get in during this pullback which I expect to continue till the end of the week.

But good luck to all ;)

i too expect gold to drop more. reason: down 6% in USD terms inspite of increased global risk aversion (look at the markets).

Plus, it never tested its breakout near 950. Doesn't have to as it is in a bubble, but should if it expects to move higher in a sustained way.

LRB, no matter how hard i try (and i have tried for years) i could never understand the underlying logic of arguments like these.